Tyler Seguin Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Tyler Seguin Tracker

I'm not sure what people are expecting or predicting or whatever, but I would expect Tyler to be what he has been.  A monster for points in the regular season, but off the score board in the playoffs.  I think it's the primary reason why he was traded.  In the behind the b series the coaching staff said it, 'if we get half of Kane's goals out of him, we've won a cup.'

Now, could Seguin start scoring in the playoffs?  Sure.  Could he be a franchise player?  Sure.  

One thing in my mind is clear, if he does those things, it will be because he was traded and not in spite of being traded.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Sad .....Seguin will have an unbelievable carreer....Erickson so far ..not much to show

(regards to all my fellow bruins fans from Israel)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Sad .....Seguin will have an unbelievable carreer....Erickson so far ..not much to show

(regards to all my fellow bruins fans from Israel)

Very sad stanley and could be embarassing . People are already getting ready with excuses and I figured it out

They do this so they deal with better is like setting aside reality. For ex" seguin CC an become a franchise player in dallas and everywhere else really but not in Boston" 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Time to stop responding to the troll. All "IT" wants is to keep Kessel, Eriksson and Seguin posts at the top.

Please don't feed the troll!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Time to stop responding to the troll. All "IT" wants is to keep Kessel, Eriksson and Seguin posts at the top.

Please don't feed the troll!

Of course only respond to your nonsense. Kessel ericsson seguin threadon bos vs col which I was wrong 

Troll " anyone who doesn't agree with the forum clique "

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Seguin was moved back to wing for last nights game. Why do I get the feeling this thread is going to challenge the Toronto record thread for most posts?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

Very sad stanley and could be embarassing . People are already getting ready with excuses and I figured it out

They do this so they deal with better is like setting aside reality. For ex" seguin CC an become a franchise player in dallas and everywhere else really but not in Boston" 

You can't predict the future, and neither can I.  Seguin's career (or Kessel's for that matter) may flounder or they might become Hall of Famers with more life time goals than Mario.

However, the Bruins realize they have a window to win some Stanley Cups before the core of the team gets too old.  And in pursuit of that goal they dealt Seguin.  Regardless of how Seguin's career goes long term, they had to trade for players they feel are more effective in the playoffs.

I like the player, but I can't deny he was absent in the playoffs last year.  You have to have zero tolerance on the matter, if it was his rookie year, then maybe yes.  But 7 pts in 13 playoff games his rookie year.  And 8 pts in 22 games last year?  2 years down the line from that rookie season?

If you weren't a cup contender or if you were out of the playoffs, yes, you can take the time for his development, but not when you're one of the contenders.

The guy isn't a banger, he doesn't dig pucks out of the corners, he doesn't do a lot of things, but he is supposed to SCORE - when it counts.  In the playoffs. In the big games.

ONE goal in he playoffs.  ONE.  I like the player, but you can't tolerate that.

There is parity in the NHL, the difference in talent from top to bottom isn't that big.  The Bruins need mature responsible players on the ice.

Enough time has gone by for me to separate my emotions about the player from the reality, and reality was the only logical choice was to deal him.  They needed 3rd line depth and some prospects and they got that for him, the immediate needs were obtained.  Becuase it was the 3rd line that was an enormous problem in the playoffs for lack of production .  A third line with Seguin on it.

This year, no Dogvan, no Pandolfo and plenty of contention for that 3rd line.  If they had that last year, they would have had a lot higher probability of success.

Could it be an embarassment?  Yes.  It could.  But logically there was no way around it.  If they kept him, it's saying low playoff performance is OK, and they can't afford to do that.  This is not a vey young team like the Avs who are looking long term, this is a team that must have success in the playoffs now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Bhab I know where you stood on kessel and I know wh ere you stood on seguin. You didn't like the trade but then you heard all this stuff and you began to accept this trade.  Look you think that mgmt makes all the right moves and that they're justified in everything they do I sure don't.  Keep in mind bergy did nothing in the playoffs

At start b of care er and the party ing isn't a reason to trade a guy like Seguin surely not for a 27 year old and prospects that In my view will not mount to much. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rotowire. Show rotowire's posts

While the B's look solid overal, I really think they're going to miss the speed and skating ability of Seguin, Peverley, Ference and even Horton to some degree...Iginla and Loui need to keep those feet moving!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

They will miss Horton and seguin not Pev and although I liked ference he won't be missed as much

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Bhab I know where you stood on kessel and I know wh ere you stood on seguin. You didn't like the trade but then you heard all this stuff and you began to accept this trade.  Look you think that mgmt makes all the right moves and that they're justified in everything they do I sure don't.  Keep in mind bergy did nothing in the playoffs

At start b of care er and the party ing isn't a reason to trade a guy like Seguin surely not for a 27 year old and prospects that In my view will not mount to much. 

No.  I have a LOT of criticism for Bruins management.  Particularly for drafting.  When they have made mistakes they have made BIG mistakes and drafted guys that shouldn't be in hockey.  The other board members are sick of hearing this, but Denis Reul, Lars Volden and Tommy Cross should never have been drafted.  I also think they should have taken Tyler Toffoli and Craig McFarland over Knight and Spooner - at the time, of course time has proven that differently, but I still believe in those 2 picks over Knight and Spooner.  Other picks I didn't like, Grezlcek, Griffin, Benning and Colborne.

IMO the Bruins should draft better than me sitting at home reading THN and looking at box scores and stats.  Since 2007 they haven't.  IMO they should be significantly better than me and they're not.

Bergy didn't do much in the playoffs?  What are you talking about?  He had 9 goals and 6 assists with some pretty significant GWG.  If Seguin provided 1 additional GWG the Bruins go to game 7.  If Tyler produces HALF the goals Bergeron got, they win another Stanley Cup.  And that's with Bergeron playing 1 game with a punctured lung and injured shoulder and what was it?  A broken rib?

Forget the partying and off ice.  ONE playoff goal.  ONE.  For a guy who's supposed to be a sniper that isn't acceptable.  If we do accept that, what message does that send to the player?  What does it do for our playoff chances?  ONE goal in 22 games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

They will miss Horton and seguin not Pev and although I liked ference he won't be missed as much

And why do you say that?  Horton was AWOL for most of the regular season, go back and look at my posts.  I thought there was something wrong with the guy.  I thought he was anemic or something.

But a BEAST in the playoffs and he made me eat my words.

Seguin - 3rd in points in regular season on the team.  Horton 6th in regular season in regular season.

playoffs, Horton 3rd in points, Seguin 9th.  

Paille had 9 points in the playoffs, Seguin 8.  Paille had 4 goals, Seguin 1 - ONE!

Yes, they will miss Seguin in the regular season, they won't miss him at all in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

I do agree with you on the drafts I think though spooner can become a solid 3-4 liner. I was very outspoken on colborne from the start I got bashed from dez and nas. Dez was high on jc

I would not put to much in the message it sends . These things are forgotten quite quickly. YES if seguin had 

Scored he we may have won the cup but he's 21 It's too early to Jump ship on a kid like that. I think because of the type of skills he has he will be a good playoff player but mostly the Bruins need a player like that.  A good skate r Who can shoot and make nice plays. He's a game breaker type.we don't have one in Boston anymore And It can take a long time before we land another one. 

In essence partying and playoff play at this point notwithstanding- have to keep him too risky to move.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to rotowire's comment:

While the B's look solid overal, I really think they're going to miss the speed and skating ability of Seguin, Peverley, Ference and even Horton to some degree...Iginla and Loui need to keep those feet moving!

Nothing you could do about Ference - cap casualty with very promising and very much cheaper rookies.

Horton;

1) if you listened to behind the B you heard the phone call, he wanted out of town to a smaller hockey market.  He wasn't going to resign no matter what.

2) OK, let's pretend #1 doesn't exist, he's going to be out until December because of the shoulder injury.  That's a major problem you have to consider.

And - how fortunate was Peverly's heart condition to appear AFTER they traded him.  Another major issue if he was still a Bruin.  Heart surgery is pretty significant.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was done with hockey after - altho he is coming back.  I wouldn't be surprised if he was never the same.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Game 7 versus the Leafs. Too bad you missed it, it was a great game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Look at the rest of my post I said at the start of bergy career. Trust m e I didnt miss it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I do agree with you on the drafts I think though spooner can become a solid 3-4 liner. I was very outspoken on colborne from the start I got bashed from dez and nas. Dez was high on jc

I would not put to much in the message it sends . These things are forgotten quite quickly. YES if seguin had 

Scored he we may have won the cup but he's 21 It's too early to Jump ship on a kid like that. I think because of the type of skills he has he will be a good playoff player but mostly the Bruins need a player like that.  A good skate r Who can shoot and make nice plays. He's a game breaker type.we don't have one in Boston anymore And It can take a long time before we land another one. 

In essence partying and playoff play at this point notwithstanding- have to keep him too risky to move.  

OK.  You and I can play Bruins management.  He had ONE playoff goal.  What are we going to do about that?  It's completely unacceptable.  

Bruins who scored more goals than Tyler in the playoffs;

Krecji

Bergeron

Lucic

Horton

Boychuk

Marchand

Paille

Krug 

Chara

Campbell

Peverly (!!)

McQuaid

That's 12 Bruins with more than ONE goal.

Tied with Seguin with ONE goal;

Redden (only 5 games played)

Bartkowksi (7 games played)

And we're just going to let this slide and forget about it?  Are you kidding me?  We MUST do something about it.  We HAVE to do something about it.  

Yes, Tyler is young at 21, but that's not 18 young.  He's played over 250 total NHL games.

So if you don't trade him, what are you going to do?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Look at the rest of my post I said at the start of bergy career. Trust m e I didnt miss it

Marco, I thought the same thing, you worded it bad.  And Bergeron was always a 2 way player and valued for that, he wasn't a scorer and the situation was different, the Bruins weren't a cup contender at the time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK, so we agree on that point.  And this is why I think the current Bruins management is the best in the league.  This summer they fired their head of scouting, so it's a weakness they recognized and did something about it.  This is a pretty smart bunch of guys, a couple of Harvard guys in there.  So they are addrssing the issue.  We'll see how it works out, but if it doesn't get better they will probably try to correct again.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

And why do you say that?  Horton was AWOL for most of the regular season, go back and look at my posts.  I thought there was something wrong with the guy.  I thought he was anemic or something.

But a BEAST in the playoffs and he made me eat my words.

Seguin - 3rd in points in regular season on the team.  Horton 6th in regular season in regular season.

playoffs, Horton 3rd in points, Seguin 9th.  

Paille had 9 points in the playoffs, Seguin 8.  Paille had 4 goals, Seguin 1 - ONE!

Yes, they will miss Seguin in the regular season, they won't miss him at all in the playoffs.

Horton one  big reason we won cup splendid in the playoffs and what about ot goals.  I liked when we got him and I hated that he left- going to miss him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

OK, so we agree on that point.  And this is why I think the current Bruins management is the best in the league.  This summer they fired their head of scouting, so it's a weakness they recognized and did something about it.  This is a pretty smart bunch of guys, a couple of Harvard guys in there.  So they are addrssing the issue.  We'll see how it works out, but if it doesn't get better they will probably try to correct again.

Yes chia will try to correct that's for sure. Sometimes I think better to work on prevention.I agree  We would have to considerchia as one of the best however some moves he made I wish he hadnt

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Horton one  big reason we won cup splendid in the playoffs and what about ot goals.  I liked when we got him and I hated that he left- going to miss him

Yes.  

Are you getting what I mean about Seguin's lack of playoff production?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

Yes.  

Are you getting what I mean about Seguin's lack of playoff production?

It's clear he didn't play well in playoffs but he's 21 and I don't think they traded him for that I'm fact I'm one to believe that they traded him more because he was banging Horton wife then his playoff lackof production. 

One bad playoffs isn't reason enough to trade a young star Chria would tell you that. You might say that his first playoffs wasn't that great either except for onegame against Tampa but he had limited Ice time. 

Basically if chia would have traded seguin because of last year's playoffs that would not have been a bright move.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Seguin get hurt? Only 13:00 mins of ice time, -2, 0 shots, 1 asst on pp. Lindy wouldn't bench him after a 4 pt night would he? Hmmm.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Over the summer RW became a big concern for the B's.  Horton leaving & Jagr not being re - signed meant that apart from the 4th line Sequin was left holding the bag with his new big fat contract about to kick in . Without much cap space to play with and Sequin 's continuing unreliability both on and off the ice Chia did the only thing a good manager could do. And if he didn't there wouldn' t be 

much chance of a cup run this year. There was no better fix than what Chia did. 

Sections
Shortcuts