Tyler Seguin Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Tyler Seguin Tracker

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One bad playoffs fir ayoung 21 yr old is a stupid  reason to trade him -players like seguin with that takent are not permanently silenced in playoffs - seguin has 10 pts 4 goals hurts to see that . Only team to trade franchise players is Boston I guarantee that it will come back to haunt us soon. No justification for these trades all succesful teams build around their talented players even if they have a f ew too many.  I can't wait to see eriksson in the playoffs

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe it "hurts" to see Seguin scoring for Dallas.  His scoring has produced a profound "so what" in terms of Dallas's record - they were 22-22-4 last year, they're 3-4 so far this year.

There's every justification for the trades of big name players, but if all you look at is the player's stats, it can be hard to see.  Teams trade franchise players all the time.  Gretzky was traded.  What usually happens is that they wait until the circumstances are terrible and get bupkiss for them.  I'd bet you a dollar you couldn't trade Kessel to Florida for two first round picks and a second round pick today.  Florida wouldn't want to take on an $8.5M player who has proven he doesn't make the players around him better when they could draft two more Huberdeaux and Barkovs and build through high end draft talent.  I'd also bet a dollar that every GM in the league except maybe Doug Wilson would choose to build around Chara over Joe Thornton; getting out from under Thornton was a precondition for signing Chara. 

The Bruins are 5-2.  They have yet to play their best hockey.  If it weren't for threads like this, I'd probably give no thought to how Seguin is doing.

[/QUOTE]

You got that right. I have no hard feelings about Tyler being traded and hope he has a long career. In my opinion Boston is a better team with the players they recieved in return. A good trade is supposedly marked by both teams getting a good player or players, so then this is a good trade for both teams. Whether Seguin scores 100 pts for 10 years in a row is of no consequence to the B's as he couldn't have achieved it as a second line right winger or as in the case of the playoffs, a third line right winger.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

word on the street is partying was not so much the problem, as whoser wife he was partying with.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

put that in your tracker and smoke it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for visiting.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

word on the street is partying was not so much the problem, as whoser wife he was partying with.

From what I saw on "Behind the B" - which is correlated by dates 
    Horton told PC he wasn't going to resign with the Bruins previous to the draft.

Although he signed with Columbus July 5, they knew he wasn't going to resign with them.

The Bruins, after knowing that Horton - and I assume his wife as well - aren't coming back to Boston, decide to deal Seguin for having an affair with Horton's wife.

Why?

Horton's and his wife aren't going to be in town, so why is this a factor in trading Seguin?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Goose eggs for TS last night in a 6-3 loss to the Ducks.  After the game was over, the Dallas announcers were lamenting the teams defensive play.  It really is horrible.  Tyler might put some fannies in the seats, but he won't win them many games.  Ruff is going to have to reel in not just TS, but all forwards if they are to have any success as a team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Zero goals against the hawks in the finals!!!!!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Zero goals against the hawks in the finals!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

And it is worth mentioning 2 g and 1 a against the Caps in 7 games the year before, not horrible, but nothing to write home to ma about either.  True, a lot of other Bruins didn't put up great pts in that series either, but those other guys have other aspects to their game other than just scoring.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nathan Norton, is that you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Update : 

In last 5 games, Tyler Seguin has zeroes across the board. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He's -8 over that stretch, too, Chowdah.  He's been a boom and bust player all year.

Since November 14th, when he had a 4 goal, 5 point game against bottom-feeding Calgary, he has scored 1 point in a game once - on November 17th.  In that same span, he has that 4 goal game, a hat trick against the Flyers, a 4 point game against the Jets, and 5 games with 2 points.  9 of his 21 goals and came in 3 games - 13 of his 41 points - in 3 games.  Against weak teams (Flyers weren't in full rebound at that point) with suspect goaltending.  Almost half of his goals and almost 1/3 of his points in 3 games.  Conversely, he's been shut out in 23 games - more than half - and 16 of his last 25 games. 

Boston's #1C has been shut out in only 17/45 games all year, but he has yet to score more than two points in a game.  Reilly Smith, Seguin's replacement on the 2RW?  Shut out in 21/45 games all year, but only one 3 point game.

I'm sure someone in the world of advanced stats has mathed up some way to calculate what a player contributes to his team winning games - the only measure that really counts.  When I look at the game logs, it sure looks like there are a few games where Seguin is absolutely the key to the Stars winning, but a lot of games where he's not contributing, and that's not a good sign for Dallas who need him to be the lynchpin of their offense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Streaky play, where have we seen that before?

I feel ashamed about Tyler Seguin.  I made so many excuses for him.  I thought I saw him trying to change his game around, but I was lying to myself and everyone on here who would listen.

I still think that this leopard will change his spots, I think with maturity, when he hits at or about 30 years old the maturity will kick in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

One more thought from looking at the game logs: Friday night against the Rangers, Seguin skated 25 shifts for a total of just under 17 minutes of TOI.  Compare that to two weeks earlier when Seguin skated 25 shifts in back to back games against StL and LA totalling 19:35min in one and a whopping 21:43 in the other.  That high number is a 52 second shift on average.  His last two games, his shifts have averaged 39 seconds and 40.6 seconds.

Looks like a coach trying to make his top line centre more accountable - if you can average almost a minute per shift, maybe you're not working hard enough?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Streaky play, where have we seen that before?

I feel ashamed about Tyler Seguin.  I made so many excuses for him.  I thought I saw him trying to change his game around, but I was lying to myself and everyone on here who would listen.

I still think that this leopard will change his spots, I think with maturity, when he hits at or about 30 years old the maturity will kick in.

[/QUOTE]

No, BadHab, there were signs that he was getting there.  He really did want it against the Caps in that first round playoff loss.  Busting his butt to get to the rebound on that game winner in game six, for example, in traffic.  Nothing prettyboy about that.  If he had stayed in Boston, I think the evolution would have continued.  But Dallas wanted him to be what he's most comfortable being - a centre (who wins 40% of his draws - ugly), a speedy, slick scorer who could work with Benn and give them a real threat and a gate draw.  He's been what they asked, maybe not what they need.

I do think there will come a time, depending on how things go in Dallas over the next few years under Nill, where frustration and memories of winning in Boston will motivate him to do things differently.  A few years out of the playoffs, especially with good but not trophy-challenging stats, and he might start to feel a little hollow (I think he'll land on 75 points this year - only 8 more than his best season in Boston, which really puts paid to the old saw about how much more he'd score if he was "allowed" to play his natural position as a #1C).

The other thing that might do it is either an injury that blunts his speed or just age costing him a step.  Then he'll be forced to evolve or he'll find his career taking a Gary Leeman turn quickly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

He's -8 over that stretch, too, Chowdah.  He's been a boom and bust player all year.

Since November 14th, when he had a 4 goal, 5 point game against bottom-feeding Calgary, he has scored 1 point in a game once - on November 17th.  In that same span, he has that 4 goal game, a hat trick against the Flyers, a 4 point game against the Jets, and 5 games with 2 points.  9 of his 21 goals and came in 3 games - 13 of his 41 points - in 3 games.  Against weak teams (Flyers weren't in full rebound at that point) with suspect goaltending.  Almost half of his goals and almost 1/3 of his points in 3 games.  Conversely, he's been shut out in 23 games - more than half - and 16 of his last 25 games. 

Boston's #1C has been shut out in only 17/45 games all year, but he has yet to score more than two points in a game.  Reilly Smith, Seguin's replacement on the 2RW?  Shut out in 21/45 games all year, but only one 3 point game.

I'm sure someone in the world of advanced stats has mathed up some way to calculate what a player contributes to his team winning games - the only measure that really counts.  When I look at the game logs, it sure looks like there are a few games where Seguin is absolutely the key to the Stars winning, but a lot of games where he's not contributing, and that's not a good sign for Dallas who need him to be the lynchpin of their offense.

[/QUOTE]

Probably really enjoyed his Christmas Holiday's! At least he's sticking to his guns & not being an idiot on tritter.....Oh that's right...I forgot....Someone hacked his account! Tongue Out

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

He's -8 over that stretch, too, Chowdah.  

[/QUOTE]

Be careful on mentioning this stat here. Your posting privelages will be revoked by the self- appointed bdc moderators.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[/QUOTE]

Stanley Cup of Chowder does some pretty good advanced stats analysis and has done a number of pieces on Seguin.  Contrary to what angry fans assume, Seguin drives the play and helps his linemates.  The one I saw on his playoff performance basically said he had bad puck luck but drove offense.  I don't think I've ever seen an analysis that says he is a defensive liability or anything else.

I won't try to explain, but worth looking up for those who are curious what the numbers say

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Chappy28's comment:

Stanley Cup of Chowder does some pretty good advanced stats analysis and has done a number of pieces on Seguin.  Contrary to what angry fans assume, Seguin drives the play and helps his linemates. 

-------------------

Contrary to what Stanley Cup of Chowder's advanced stats say ...............my viewing of the Dallas Stars has left me with the impression that Jamie Benn drives the play for that line.

Seguin is just a complimentary piece to Benn's "carrying the load" efforts. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That was my impression after (but not solely after) the Bruins played them earlier in the year.  Benn is the straw (and I've watched the Stars a bit more this year in part because I have Benn in a pool...).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

That was my impression after (but not solely after) the Bruins played them earlier in the year.  Benn is the straw (and I've watched the Stars a bit more this year in part because I have Benn in a pool...).

[/QUOTE]

Just as Lupul is with the Lerfs, without him Phat Phil is a skating donut.

22. This post has been removed.