Tyler Seguin would make the power play WORSE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

Tyler Seguin would make the power play WORSE

I'm just curious if there is anyone who can defend this position.

I certainly can't.

Tyler should play on the power play as much as possible to make use of what he does well right now - create plays in the offensive zone and score. Put him out there with Marchand and you'll probably win every race to the puck on every dump-in, too. 

But I guess I'm wrong because Coach is a coach and he must know more better 'n me 'n stuff.  Maybe Coach really does think that Tyler can't be allowed to play on the power play until he develops good 5 on 5 defensive skills. Could he possibly hold such a misguided belief after all this time in the NHL? If so, someone needs to step in and override him on that decision. If it takes Neely pulling him aside and delivering a classic Neely beatdown then so be it.

BTW, Tyler did play more physically yesterday including burying one guy into the boards. He seems stronger already and seems to be bulking up quickly.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: Tyler Seguin would make the power play WORSE

Seguin should absolutely be on the PP, at least on the 2nd unit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

I thought he looked good yesterday, one of the faster Bruins out their. I agree, he is a gifted offensive player and should be given a chance on the powerplay, no one else on this team is making it work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Tyler Seguin would make the power play WORSE:
    I'm just curious if there is anyone who can defend this position. I certainly can't. Tyler should play on the power play as much as possible to make use of what he does well right now - create plays in the offensive zone and score. Put him out there with Marchand and you'll probably win every race to the puck on every dump-in, too.  But I guess I'm wrong because Coach is a coach and he must know more better 'n me 'n stuff.  Maybe Coach really does think that Tyler can't be allowed to play on the power play until he develops good 5 on 5 defensive skills. Could he possibly hold such a misguided belief after all this time in the NHL? If so, someone needs to step in and override him on that decision. If it takes Neely pulling him aside and delivering a classic Neely beatdown then so be it. BTW, Tyler did play more physically yesterday including burying one guy into the boards. He seems stronger already and seems to be bulking up quickly.  
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady

Seguin nailed that guy.I was wondering what all of his critics(who say he won't hit)thought of it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I am glad at the way Tyler responded to the 2 games were he was healthy scratch....came back Sunday and scored the 1st goal ...

Yes I would love to see him on the PP ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Is it even possible for the PP to get worse?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I walk out of the room to go make a sandwich when the Bs go on the PP.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

I still can't believe Claude is trying Campbell on the PP before Seguin.  I feel like I am in the twilight zone.

A lot of people have compared Seguin to Stamkos.  Why not emulate Tampa's PP and have Tyler set up for one-timers?  His one timer looks sick in warmups but I've never seen him release one during a game.

Sections
Shortcuts