Tyler Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

Tyler Seguin

With Savard out for who knows how long, here's Seguin chance to shine.  He gets to play his natural position. Hope that his linemates Wheeler and Ryder come to play. Looking forward to seing how the kid plays, I sure hope it's great.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: Tyler Seguin

I hate to be a debbie downer, but it isn't really about Seguin getting the right opportunity, it's mostly about development. Expecting Seguin to fill the shoes of Marc Savard is pretty naive, not to mention unfair, considering the kid is 18 and has a rather unimpressive resume if you're looking for a consistent offensive presence.

It's natural to be looking for someone to fill that center position, and convenient to suggest Seguin is the best fit, but the current version of Tyler Seguin is not Savard 2.0 Give him another year, IMO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Having Seguin at wing has backward his progression imo. He has played and performed better at centre this year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Why not try colborne for a few games or more? How many times have we seen players do just okey in the ahl and get called up and shine (or not). What do they have to lose, if he clearly looks out of place send him down.
    Sorry, a little off topic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin:
    Why not try colborne for a few games or more? How many times have we seen players do just okey in the ahl and get called up and shine (or not). What do they have to lose, if he clearly looks out of place send him down. Sorry, a little off topic.
    Posted by pauly1

I was thinking along the same lines.Let Hamill have a make or break 5 game audition.He's actually been putting up better numbers in Providence as of late.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chubs737. Show chubs737's posts

It is not Tyler Seguin's job right now to replace Marc Savard.  If you recall (Olsonic), Marc Savard was playing first line center.  Tyler Seguin will now be playing 3rd line center.  It is David Krejci who is now playing first line center and essentially "replacing" Marc Savard.  So the pressure is on Krejci, not Seguin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

It is not Tyler Seguin's job right now to replace Marc Savard.  If you recall (Olsonic), Marc Savard was playing first line center.  Tyler Seguin will now be playing 3rd line center.  It is David Krejci who is now playing first line center and essentially "replacing" Marc Savard.  So the pressure is on Krejci, not Seguin.
    Posted by chubs737

right, which was my point as well. I think you misunderstood me. I was responding in context to the original poster

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chubs737. Show chubs737's posts

Gotcha, my mistake, well said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjhernon. Show mjhernon's posts

Krejci looked real good last game. I hope he is breaking out of his funk.

Seguin needs something to boost his confidence. He has been playing average over the last few games. I think a little time at center might help his confidence and comfort level.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Seguin must be sick of getting kicked around like a Can under the bleachers at a hs football game. Give the kid some consistency.

Changing his position and linemates every game isnt the best learning environment. Maybe it is idk.

Im with Dez I wouldnt mind seeing Hammil center Seguin/Ryder. The speed on the wings should make up for Hamill's own slowness and Hamill is racking up assists in Provy now should be his chance.

Ole stonehands can watch a few more from the PB if you ask me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: Tyler Seguin : right, which was my point as well. I think you misunderstood me. I was responding in context to the original poster
    Posted by OlsonicCreations

Olsonic- you hit the nail right on the head.  Seguin is not going to be leaned on and expected to fill anyone's shoes.  The B's org only wants him to progress/develop.  He will not be expected to pick up Savvy's production, although it would be nice.

Random rant-  i am tired of hearing people refer to this line or that line as the Bruins top one.  Top line is the one playing the best. Right now, that is the Bergeron line, IMHO.

Savard's line is referred to by many as the 'top' line but they may be the 3rd or even 4th based on production...Don't let these announcers shape your views of the team/players...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

ILH
    Your avatar, is that the idea you got when I mentioned heads up their holes, looks pretty much like an a-whole.

SEGUIN
    --------

Seguin is a very talented kid, skate pass shoot he has it all, I just wish, he would open er up a bit. His one and only problem this year is that due to his inexperience, he is watching more than playing.

He is being indecisive, making poor judgements because of it, in his passing and shooting.  Because of this he is more of a peripheral player, he is not mixing it up nor going into the battlegrounds, a lot of shifts he is mailing it in, and his skating is too much a drive by. Don't need him or want him to be a Luc or Thorn, but even Krej gets involved and until Seg does he will always be on the outside looking in.

This being said he has shifts where he is all on the go and usually gets rewarded right away with an extra shift. Cj seems to be dangling the carrot and using the stick as he is the only player to sit shifts and I can't say it is totally wrong the way he is bringing him into the mix.

He needs to use his speed more and Cj needs to find a way to use his speed. What I don't understand is the players that are sprung against us, why can we not have his speed sprung a little more, Pail playing same position last year was sprung many a time, would love to see this of Seg.

Seg playing the wing did not seem so bad but maybe he was on wrong side, the left side has always seemed to be the side that moves up faster than the right.

When you watch the games Cj has them setup to use Rec, Ryd, Hort and Thorn more often just inside their own blueline to start it up the ice.  This seems to be their play, just like the D going back and forth half the night behind the net.  This has been stopped in the games we are losing, Rec has been brutal in this space with his giveaways, lucky for goaltending being hot or we would have given up a dozen more goals lately.  They need to find a way to use the stretch, efficiently and also to utilize the speed and talent of Seg.

Seg is on a good progression, hopefully the next 30+ games make him a solid player for the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

GOAT

Suppose to be Claude Jesus for his "Turn the other Cheek" mantra lolol. Took me all of 35 seconds lol.. I could find a better background that might make it more obvious.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

GOAT,

I agree about Springing seguin. I mentioned it on here once and was told that "You dont know anything about hockey" or "Go play plond hockey more ILH".....

It makes sense to spring the kid in a 1-1 footrace he beats mostly ALL defenseman.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

No question this injury is a great opportunity for Seguin.  He's been looking better lately.  I think he is a much better center than wing.  Hopefully he runs with it.

Sections
Shortcuts