TYLER SEGUIN!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!!

Tyler Seguin, wow! Looks like we have a lot of fun ahead of us with this kid. He's a budding star.

This game was a reminder, driven home with a giant exclamation point. Don't forget who you are, Toronto. That's right, you're the Toronto Maple Bi.tches, and we're the Stanley Cup Champions. The season is 82 games long and we'll be playing in April, May & June and your season ends in early April, as usual. Su.ck it, Maple Bitc.hes!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Didn't he make Komeseric look really bad on that 2nd goal. Just blew past him. Mikey couldn't move backwards fast enough, even though TS went wide. 

That Leafs D is very porous. Questionable goaltending too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Didn't he make Komeseric look really bad on that 2nd goal. Just blew past him. Mikey couldn't move backwards fast enough, even though TS went wide.  That Leafs D is very porous. Questionable goaltending too.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]
    I love the way Seguin roars down the wing and let's bullits go .I like Seguin on the wing.Once he gets a few steps he seems to blow past the D quite easily.A major flaw in his game last year was he was far too tentative at times ,understandable for a young player but he isn't afraid to drive hard to the net now.He is getting better with each game.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Absolutely LOVE the facial expression on his 2nd goal. (who knew)

btw, did anyone notice if hats made it to the ice. CBC didn't show any of the "aftermath" after the hatty? Only Sequin for like 45 secs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

OH OH ! I see a battle brewing for another courtroom battle . BB and Awry .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : I love the way Seguin roars down the wing and let's bullits go .I like Seguin on the wing.Once he gets a few steps he seems to blow past the D quite easily.A major flaw in his game last year was he was far too tentative at times ,understandable for a young player but he isn't afraid to drive hard to the net now.He is getting better with each game.  
    Posted by DallasSmith[/QUOTE]
    Me too Dallas. Seguin is a fine winger on a great line. He's got a perfect skill-set to be a sniper from the wing. Right wing is (historically) the goal-scorer's position. Let Bergeron keep feeding him there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I was wondering if Phil The Thrill was playing last night. I didn't see him on the highlights on nhl.com. I'll watch the whole game later to see if there's a sighting. Great display by Seguin and if I'm not mistaken NAS's favourite skating clown is on a two game scoring streak :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Budding star might be too soft (with apologies to Joe Thornton).

It occurred to me, after seeing RNH score his sixth last night, to look at the numbers on all of the top draft picks over the last few years, and the only player drafted since 2007 who is outscoring Seguin right now is Patrick Kane.  He's ahead of Stamkos.  He's ahead of Skinner and Hall.  He leads the league in +/- and has made some great defensive plays/reads over the last few games.  And not only is he insanely fast, he's sneaky fast.  Kessel may be just as speedy, but you see him chugging - very kinetic.  Seguin seems like you're watching him under a strobe light some times where he's in front of the D, they he's suddenly spun their doors off.

He's a star.  He may become a superstar.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't think Awry and I are that far off on this.  The only real difference in what we're saying is that I'd measure the success of any experiment where Tyler takes ice time from someone - probably Peverley on the PP? - by how it affects the Bruin winning percentage, not by the number of additional points Seguin would get.  It's possible that he would have better scoring numbers but not significantly enough to make any difference if someone else's numbers also go down disproportionately because they're not getting "into the game" for example.  Seguin's points/minute might also decline if more time means less burst when he is on the ice.

Maybe he could improve the PP if he gets more time there - just because he'll shoot and hit the net - but for all that we complain about the PP, the Bruins were 20th on the PP last year and 5th in scoring (Cup); this year they're 21st on the PP and tied for 12th in scoring with 33 goals (2.75/game) despite awful starts by Krejci and Horton, a clear slump by Marchand, and the failure of the Pouliot experiment.  Marchand's slump is official after he gagged a forehand slam off of yet another great Seguin play last night.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

I'm suggesting - and admittedly, I realize it's a stretch for the ever-egalitarian Julien approach (which is laudable) - that Seguin get double-shifted on the Powerplay. 4-5 extra shifts of 5 on 4, per game.
    He is the purest-shooter and the hottest hand - It is a weapon, the Powerplay needs

I'd be willing to bet Seguin can cover Peverley's points and then some.

The Bruins don't need to lead the League in scoring, they only need one more goal a game.
    2 more minutes of Seguin is simply a more cost-effective and less disruptive experiment than simply trading for some production as Dupont would have the Bruins do. (see Rene Bourque or Kyle Turris or Ray Whitney )

It's been a while since the Bruins had a superstar. The Bruins don't really 'do' superstars. But I think Claude can figure it out. It's a good problem to have.
    Tyler Seguin is going to be a superstar, and what do you do with a superstar? Let him shine.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm suggesting - and admittedly, I realize it's a stretch for the ever-egalitarian Julien approach (which is laudable) - that Seguin get double-shifted on the Powerplay. 4-5 extra shifts of 5 on 4, per game. He is the purest-shooter and the hottest hand - It is a weapon, the Powerplay needs I'd be willing to bet Seguin can cover Peverley's points and then some. The Bruins don't need to lead the League in scoring, they only need one more goal a game. 2 more minutes of Seguin is simply a more cost-effective and less disruptive experiment than simply trading for some production as Dupont would have the Bruins do. (see Rene Bourque or Kyle Turris or Ray Whitney ) It's been a while since the Bruins had a superstar. The Bruins don't really 'do' superstars. But I think Claude can figure it out. It's a good problem to have. Tyler Seguin is going to be a superstar, and what do you do with a superstar? Let him shine.
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    Awry, I'm not questioning Seguin's cardio here but maybe that's also part of the issue. Maybe CJ's got a good handle on how to max the most production from the gas that's in the tank. What I mean is, it's got to be helpful when he's playing in the 3rd and isn't gassed from overwork. Instead he's got fresher legs from playing slightly less. Seguin actually had more even-strength ice than Bergeron last night so it's not like he's being overlooked. That said, I think CJ will slowly raise his ice-time so that it'll be more in line with what you're thinking by the end of the year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm crushed.

Crestfallen.

(explitive deleted).

My heart is broken.

I'm on the road and reading this from the capital district of NY this a.m. and missed the game last night.

(explitive deleted).

I missed Tyler's first trick.

(explitive deleted).

I feel like crying.  I honestly do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : Awry, I'm not questioning Seguin's cardio here but maybe that's also part of the issue. Maybe CJ's got a good handle on how to max the most production from the gas that's in the tank. What I mean is, it's got to be helpful when he's playing in the 3rd and isn't gassed from overwork. Instead he's got fresher legs from playing slightly less. Seguin actually had more even-strength ice than Bergeron last night so it's not like he's being overlooked. That said, I think CJ will slowly raise his ice-time so that it'll be more in line with what you're thinking by the end of the year.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

OMG. Life is funny ^^ THIS ^^ way. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/05/tyler-putting-best-foot-forward?utm_source=addThis&utm_medium=addthis_button_email&utm_campaign=Tyler+putting+best+foot+forward+%7C+Home+%7C+Toronto+Sun#.TraaUdbSSL0.email

A little reading rom today's Toronto Star.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I feel like I'm floating.

This isn't even real.

I'm here in a god forsaken part of NY state where I couldn't even find the score of the game in the god forsaken news papers here.

And I go to the public computer in the hotel and get the news this way?

I (explitive deleted) can't (explitive deleted) believe this (explitive deleted) explitive deleted) stuff.

darn.

A trick against the Leafs.  And I missed it?

o fer jiminy cricket's sake, I can't fershlugginer believe this.

I feel like I'm dreaming.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I'm crushed. Crestfallen. (explitive deleted). My heart is broken. I'm on the road and reading this from the capital district of NY this a.m. and missed the game last night. (explitive deleted). I missed Tyler's first trick. (explitive deleted). I feel like crying.  I honestly do.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

oh and you missed your fave Kessel and his long long face.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bookboy, A little off subject of the thread but since you mentioned Hall vs. RNH a bit. Does RNH become the man in Oilerville ? I know he is only 2 points ahead of Hall but I see allot of the games, Hopkins looks so much more instinctive and positioned better to get off his lethal shot off. Where as Hall seems to be trying too hard at times to make plays.

Now this is a great problem for Tambellini to have until he has to deal with offer sheets and the end both their RFA years. Does RNH separate from Hall and Eberle in points over the next years or do the point totals stay close ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : oh and you missed your fave Kessel and his long long face.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

flag thrown

15 yard penalty for piling on.

Just read about how Phil was invisible.

Shocking, he hasn't scored in his last 6? 

Who could have predicted that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Mine eyes continue to see the Glory!

He will make every light shine in every arena, in every continent throughout the world and into the Universe.

He will be better than All-World, he will be All-Cosmos!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.torontosun.com/2011/11/05/tyler-putting-best-foot-forward?utm_source=addThis&utm_medium=addthis_button_email&utm_campaign=Tyler+putting+best+foot+forward+%7C+Home+%7C+Toronto+Sun#.TraaUdbSSL0.email A little reading rom today's Toronto Star.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

RHO
    Last week in Toronto I was stirring the pot chanting " Go Leafs go" and that was only to tease the Hab counterparts .  Good times.
    All the lady Leaf fans I kept on saying Thank you Kessel but it went over their heads. They kept on saying isn't he great ... Even when I told them I was Bruins fan they didn't it. Oh well..

On that article they bring up something interesting that I was discussing with the Leaf fans at dinner last week. I told them that I'm not surprised that Kessel lights it up early, he's done it in all his early games with the Leafs.
    What Kessel hasn't done is when the other teams match up their best defensive players on him and his line he's easily shut down.
    Basically Kessel's production will go down as the other teams try to shut down he and his line mates.  Sure he'll still score on PP and not every team has  a Chara, Seidenberg, Weber or Suter but he will not score 50 as everyone was saying at the "pace" he was going .
    Bookboy, you can now crunch the numbers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

I live in Toronto and was SICK TO DEATH of Toronto fans and media getting carried away with their good start.

EARTH TO LEAFS NATION: THE SEASON IS 82 GAMES LONG, NOT 13!!!!!!!!

Last night's game was a reminder to the Leafs of their place in the hockey universe. Don't get carried away with yourselves, Leaf fans, your team still blows. I mean, c'mon, did you really think you were going to play with the Stanley Cup Champions? Sorry Leaf fans, you don't get to play Columbus 82 times. The road to the Cup goes through us.

Too bad the score wasn't 10-0 last night. Oh, and somebody needs to beat Phaneuf down LARGE next time we play these LOSERS! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : RHO Last week in Toronto I was stirring the pot chanting " Go Leafs go" and that was only to tease the Hab counterparts .  Good times. All the lady Leaf fans I kept on saying Thank you Kessel but it went over their heads. They kept on saying isn't he great ... Even when I told them I was Bruins fan they didn't it. Oh well.. On that article they bring up something interesting that I was discussing with the Leaf fans at dinner last week. I told them that I'm not surprised that Kessel lights it up early, he's done it in all his early games with the Leafs. What Kessel hasn't done is when the other teams match up their best defensive players on him and his line he's easily shut down. Basically Kessel's production will go down as the other teams try to shut down he and his line mates.  Sure he'll still score on PP and not every team has  a Chara, Seidenberg, Weber or Suter but he will not score 50 as everyone was saying at the "pace" he was going . Bookboy, you can now crunch the numbers.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

BsL- Good try here in T. O.  You must not forget the Leafs were once referred to by just-returned to air THE FAN 590 personality Norm Rumack as "God's Team in the National Hockey League."  Seriously! He used to call them that once upon a time so it's no shock those folks you met didn't get what you were saying.

Reading the report of last night's game by Lance Hornby in today's Toronto Sun titled "Bruins Pound Leafs," young Kessel has a quote near the bottom that probably sums up his feelings regarding the continued resurection of the Seguin vs Kessel deal.  I'd imagine some might feel the same in his shoes. 

Hornby noted it was now eight points in eight games for Seguin against the Leafs, something Kessel was naturally perturbed at commenting on.

“I don’t care,” he said. “How many times are you going to ask about it?” 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TYLER SEGUIN!!!! : BsL- Good try here in T. O.  You must not forget the Leafs were once referred to by just-returned to air THE FAN 590 personality Norm Rumack as "God's Team in the National Hockey League."  Seriously! He used to call them that once upon a time so it's no shock those folks you met didn't get what you were saying. Reading the report of last night's game by Lance Hornby in today's Toronto Sun titled "Bruins Pound Leafs," young Kessel has a quote near the bottom that probably sums up his feelings regarding the continued resurection of the Seguin vs Kessel deal.  I'd imagine some might feel the same in his shoes.  Hornby noted it was now eight points in eight games for Seguin against the Leafs, something Kessel was naturally perturbed at commenting on. “I don’t care,” he said. “How many times are you going to ask about it?” 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]

Although I don't blame Kessel for getting fedup . 
    Then again it was Kessel that said when he got traded that he was so happy to be in a hockey market.
    There you go Mr. Kessel you got your melting pot , now live with it !
    Answer those darn questions !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]I feel like I'm floating. This isn't even real. I'm here in a god forsaken part of NY state where I couldn't even find the score of the game in the god forsaken news papers here. And I go to the public computer in the hotel and get the news this way? I (explitive deleted) can't (explitive deleted) believe this (explitive deleted) explitive deleted) stuff. darn. A trick against the Leafs.  And I missed it? o fer jiminy cricket's sake, I can't fershlugginer believe this. I feel like I'm dreaming.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I do feel sorry for you badhab when I read your posts, because it was sweet to watch, but I am also laughing when I read them because I know how pi ssed I get when I am frustrated over missing something I want to see.  The good news is that there should be many more highlite reel games for TS.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]Bookboy, A little off subject of the thread but since you mentioned Hall vs. RNH a bit. Does RNH become the man in Oilerville ? I know he is only 2 points ahead of Hall but I see allot of the games, Hopkins looks so much more instinctive and positioned better to get off his lethal shot off. Where as Hall seems to be trying too hard at times to make plays. Now this is a great problem for Tambellini to have until he has to deal with offer sheets and the end both their RFA years. Does RNH separate from Hall and Eberle in points over the next years or do the point totals stay close ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

They are both great players but RNH has more pure hockey smarts.  I am not saying they are anywhere close to as good as Gretzky and Messier but RNH is the Gretzky of this pair and Hall is Messier.