Typical B' fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Typical B' fan

Most people seem to be bent about the Kelly deal.

I'd bet most people haven't watched him play.

Today, right now, he's better than Seguin, Thornton, Paille, Caron, and Hamill. He might be better, right now, than Wheeler and Ryder.

He comes at the cost of a late second round pick.  The same people who are crying here are the ones that cried about the B's getting Colin Campbell's son.  No one complains about Campbell now that they've seen him play.  I expect the same to be said about Kelly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Typical B' fan

Very true.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I think it is a great pickup. Helps the team right now and doesn't hurt the future. What's not to like?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Well if he is that good I will be glad ...but he has averaged 30 pts per season and he is 30 years old ...is that mean that he is going to get better ???

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013(If I get the GM's job)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Typical B' fan:
    Well if he is that good I will be glad ...but he has averaged 30 pts per season and he is 30 years old ...is that mean that he is going to get better ??? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013(If I get the GM's job)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

Stanley,  how about the rate at which your hero Wheeler is improving?

His points have been going down since his first year.

If he keeps going the way he is, he will retire before Kelly.

He hasn't scored 50 goals yet in his whole career and you say he will be a 50 goals scorer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Typical B' fan:
    Most people seem to be bent about the Kelly deal. I'd bet most people haven't watched him play. Today, right now, he's better than Seguin, Thornton, Paille, Caron, and Hamill. He might be better, right now, than Wheeler and Ryder. He comes at the cost of a late second round pick.  The same people who are crying here are the ones that cried about the B's getting Colin Campbell's son.  No one complains about Campbell now that they've seen him play.  I expect the same to be said about Kelly.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Thank you.  A voice of reason in the storm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

NAS part of me wonders, if you came on the board today to find everyone excited by this deal, would you have then blasted it?  JK

In reality I hope we go grab Kaberle without giving up a blue chip prospect, and I hope we stop there.  I do not believe this team is good enough at this point to mortgage the future.  I prefer to save those high value assets for when the core of this team reaches it's max potential.  I'm speaking of the Toronto pick, Kampfer, Colbourne, and if I have to mention them Krejci and Rask (some of the posts indicate I do need to list them).  I think we have enough chips that we should spend some for a couple of players this year, in case we catch lightning in a bottle, but it's not time to cash out.  The window is opening in my opinion and not closing.  I know some are concerned with TT's age, but despite his struggles this year I believe Rask will be ready to take over when TT slips, whether that be next year or some point beyond that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I don;t think it's so much people not liking him as an add, but the fear of Chia spinning his addition as some kind of trigger for the team to fix their glaring holes.

Sometimes I feel like I am in a time warp reading some comments. This isn't 1980 with the Bruins one year removed from a Cup Finals appearance trying to balance a veteran team and a youth movement.

This is a team knocking on the door for a legit run out of the East.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NOT

I defended it last night and could have used your help.

He is a 3rd line center and we needed one.  He has vast experience playing on a team that went to the finals.  Yes he is 30 but he is likely one of our fastest players and we need team speed.  Yes he may only get 30 pts a year but he gets 15 goals.  He is excellent in the PK mode and to me is a guy that is perfect for the playoffs. 

I am not sure what fans wanted for a 3rd line center.  Crosby isnt available. 

This is a piece of the puzzle.  There will be other moves on top of this. 

If and when we land Kaberle we add a PP QB and a guy that can play 20 minutes a night.  No he isnt a Norris trophy winner and doesnt hit like Stevens.  What he does is move the puck very well.  And when you can do this over off the glass and out it gives you puck possession. 

At that point 2 needs are filled. If th cost for Kaberle is low we likely can look at obatining more fire power for up front. 

I like the pick up.  I always liked him in Ottawa.  He puts everything into every shift and provide energy. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Kelly reminds me of a faster version of Greg Campbell.  Good trade for a late 2nd round pick.  He is going to improve an already great PK.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

If Chia stops at Kaberle and he's a rental, and Boston doesn't win a Cup, it's a failed approach.

This team needs a consistent winger for goals and some assists.   Horton/Ryder are the same player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NAS part of me wonders, if you came on the board today to find everyone excited by this deal, would you have then blasted it?  JK In reality I hope we go grab Kaberle without giving up a blue chip prospect, and I hope we stop there.  I do not believe this team is good enough at this point to mortgage the future.  I prefer to save those high value assets for when the core of this team reaches it's max potential.  I'm speaking of the Toronto pick, Kampfer, Colbourne, and if I have to mention them Krejci and Rask (some of the posts indicate I do need to list them).  I think we have enough chips that we should spend some for a couple of players this year, in case we catch lightning in a bottle, but it's not time to cash out.  The window is opening in my opinion and not closing.  I know some are concerned with TT's age, but despite his struggles this year I believe Rask will be ready to take over when TT slips, whether that be next year or some point beyond that.
    Posted by RickyHussle

There are 1,000 threads that discuss all of that.  This thread is about Chris Kelly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If Chia stops at Kaberle and he's a rental, and Boston doesn't win a Cup, it's a failed approach. This team needs a consistent winger for goals and some assists.   Horton/Ryder are the same player.
    Posted by BBReigns

Again, you're blindly assuming that there is some better offer for a star player out there -- what if there isn't? 

You assume this whole debate is about Chiarelli's will to make the big deal, when really it is about his options, and if any of them make sense.

Passing on a stupid trade is not a failure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

If Chia stops at Kaberle and he's a rental, and Boston doesn't win a Cup, it's a failed approach. This team needs a consistent winger for goals and some assists.   Horton/Ryder are the same player.
    Posted by BBReigns

I think the truly failed approach is one where you cash in now and don't have the chips available in future years when Bergeron, Seguin and Krejci form one of the most formiddable three deep  depth chart at center.  I think it would be a failure if we go out and trade for guys with a first line price tag and a second line pedigree while blockading the future of guys like Sauve, Colbourne, Caron and Bartkowski.  I do believe there is a time to go all in, I just don't believe the time is now.

I do give you kudos for debating this in a thread which is so clearly in favor of the trade.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Typical B' fan : Again, you're blindly assuming that there is some better offer for a star player out there -- what if there isn't?  You assume this whole debate is about Chiarelli's will to make the big deal, when really it is about his options, and if any of them make sense. Passing on a stupid trade is not a failure.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Again, you are missing the point.  You take the insanely high amount of chips you have and propose a trade that makes the other teams out of the playoffs or on the verge of being out, and make a deal. You make them think more than twice with the chips you have.

How many more Ryder, Horton, Wheeler, etc, types do we need here?  Will Colborne and Hamill ever make it?

You're making excuses and acting like these players are all can't miss NHL All Stars.

Make the potential trading partner have a tough time saying no.   Wheeler is a 20 goal scorer, young and cheap is should be an ideal feature chip with a draft pick.

If anyone is in love with his precious picks, it's Chia.  Except for Kessel when he found a way to scapegoat a player HE CHOSE, mind you, 5th overall, and now he won't pounce on a return for that chip.

We'll see. But, if his comment of "don't expect any homerun trades" holds true and no Cup comes here again, that is one more year of this same sorry old, pathetic organization doing what it does best.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Typical B' fan : I think the truly failed approach is one where you cash in now and don't have the chips available in future years when Bergeron, Seguin and Krejci form one of the most formiddable three deep  depth chart at center.  I think it would be a failure if we go out and trade for guys with a first line price tag and a second line pedigree while blockading the future of guys like Sauve, Colbourne, Caron and Bartkowski.  I do believe there is a time to go all in, I just don't believe the time is now. I do give you kudos for debating this in a thread which is so clearly in favor of the trade.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Yes, who cares about now. I'd rather wait another 40 years for a Cup here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Like I said in another thread, I think the Kelly deal has significant upside with very little cost.

He's a solid forechecker with good skills on the PK and isn't afraid to throw his body around. He has more goals playing for the second worst team in the league than all but 5 Bruins, has speed up the boards that the Bruins have been lacking and has a talent for creating shorthanded scoring chaces.

He's also,from all reports I've heard, able to give Chara a run for his money in terms of off ice work ethic and he could be a replacement for Rex in terms of the heart department. 

Basically, he's  a prototypical Bruin and I think he'll be a fan favourite here for a long time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Well if he is that good I will be glad ...but he has averaged 30 pts per season and he is 30 years old ...is that mean that he is going to get better ??? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013(If I get the GM's job)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

No Stanley, it means he's very good in the role he plays.  And hopefully, his apparently fantastic work ethic and leadership...not mention his good overall game, he's a helluva face-off guy...will help cure the Bruins biggest problem:  their 24-month malaise of consistent INconsistency, their consistent lack of compete level and their alarming tendency to "come out flat" even for big games (such as TWO playoff games vs. Carolina in '09, not to mention here vs. Detroit last week, not to mention LAST NIGHT's "effort" here vs. Toronto...which wouldn't ordinarily qualify as a big game, but did in the wake of the two losses to Detroit, so how COULD they not find a way to play hard vs. Toronto?). 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BBR,

If we are knocking on the door why are we in panic mode.  Not you but the board was brutal last night.  A week ago everyone is pounding their chests about a dust up with Dallas and Montreal and how we scored 8 goals and we are the best team ever. 
    I stay consistant to the fact we need upgrades.  But if they dont happen I am still gonna be here hoping we win the games. 
    If they add 3 more pieces it still won't be enough for some on here. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Typical B' fan : Yes, who cares about now. I'd rather wait another 40 years for a Cup here.
    Posted by BBReigns

I don't know how many different ways to say it.  It is probably on every thread written over the past two days.  I believe selling our top assets now will not put us over the top.  For that reason, I believe doing so moves us further from the cup and makes another 40 years of waiting more likely. 

If Horton was fulfilling his potential, 40 goal type guy, and Savvy was still healthy and on pace for his 85 to 100 point norm, I guarantee I would support cashing in.  We are too far away.  We have two lines and three defenseman bossted by a goalie who has been phenomenal.  I cannot assume that TT will just carry us along with a guy like Booth who we would receive in these theoretical deals.  It wouldn't be enough if you replace Booth with Richards and add Boggosian IMO.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes NAS you are right. Kelly is better than two young AHL players (Hamill, Caron), a 19 year old rookie (Seguin), and two fourth liners (Paille and Thornton). He is a very good third line checking center who has grit and speed. I do not think anyone is denying that.

What is at issue, however, is the thought among many (me included) that this can be "our year" . Is Kelly a solid addition? Yes. Is he a good piece of the puzzle? Yes. Is he the final piece? No. I know you are not saying he is the answer but only that he is a good player which I agree with.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Shupe and NAs, it's fun to read your comments. Kelly belongs in Boston. He has the skills and the right heritage. Does anyone remember when there were signs saying " Irish need not apply". Well, we overcame that bigotry a long time ago, so let's welcome Chris kelly, and Tuuka Rask, and Patrice Bergeron and Zdeno Chara onto a Bruins team that Peter Chiarelli is still rebuilding

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

We already tried the all Irish defensive pairings 8 years ago.

McLaren, McGinnis, Gill, Moran, O'Donnell, etc. Didn't work.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

The Kelly signing is a depth signing.  There will be injuries, there always are, and there doesn't seem to be any centers in Providence that would be able to step in if Bergeron, Krejci, or Campbell went down.  Now Claude has 4 legit centers and 2 backups (Seguin, Wheeler) available should any go down. It is a good signing by Peter.  

If fans are looking for a trade deadline superstar deal or deals to get the cup, think again.  I can't remember any superstar being traded at the deadline that brought home the cup, let alone adding two.  Hossa helped get the Pens to the cup, but they didn't win it.  After the Kovalchuk debacle last year, and I was one calling for the Bruins to go get him, I believe that deals like Richards, Nash, etc... have to happen in the off season to work.  Takes too much to implement these guys into the team and systems.

If PC can get upgrades for Paille, Wheeler, or Thornton that have some speed, jam, and playoff success I would be happy.  Along with a fleet footed d man that can play the point on the pp, I say here we go. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

If Im PC

Screw it Get A Greene and Bogo. You know how much harder it is to find good Dman through the draft. Let alone the couple years it takes to get to these guys levels.

GO with

Chara-Bogo
    Siedes-Kampfer
    Ference-Greene

You have  1 shutdown and 1 mover on every pairing.

And just attack attack ATTACK!!! Use those big speedy forwards and just slam into the other team every shift. It would be a big adjustment for the system but the ability to attack en-force on demand is what would win the this team a cup.

Sections
Shortcuts