Typical B' fan

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Typical B' fan

In Response to Re: Typical B' fan:
    [QUOTE]The Kelly signing is a depth signing.  There will be injuries, there always are, and there doesn't seem to be any centers in Providence that would be able to step in if Bergeron, Krejci, or Campbell went down.  Now Claude has 4 legit centers and 2 backups (Seguin, Wheeler) available should any go down. It is a good signing by Peter.   If fans are looking for a trade deadline superstar deal or deals to get the cup, think again.  I can't remember any superstar being traded at the deadline that brought home the cup, let alone adding two.  Hossa helped get the Pens to the cup, but they didn't win it.  After the Kovalchuk debacle last year, and I was one calling for the Bruins to go get him, I believe that deals like Richards, Nash, etc... have to happen in the off season to work.  Takes too much to implement these guys into the team and systems. If PC can get upgrades for Paille, Wheeler, or Thornton that have some speed, jam, and playoff success I would be happy.  Along with a fleet footed d man that can play the point on the pp, I say here we go. 
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

You are forgetting a skating winger who can score. 

This PP will be the downfall for them in the postseason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Well said NAS. The Bruins picked up a player with flexibility and some skill. Aside from Recchi, the Bruins haven't had a consistent player for the third line all season. Julien has used that line as a sort of dumping ground for struggling players (Wheeler and Ryder) and not a veteran, grind and score type line.

And aside from Recchi, Kelly is the best third liner this team has had since PJ Axelsson.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Typical B' fan:
    [QUOTE]Most people seem to be bent about the Kelly deal. I'd bet most people haven't watched him play. Today, right now, he's better than Seguin, Thornton, Paille, Caron, and Hamill. He might be better, right now, than Wheeler and Ryder. He comes at the cost of a late second round pick.  The same people who are crying here are the ones that cried about the B's getting Colin Campbell's son.  No one complains about Campbell now that they've seen him play.  I expect the same to be said about Kelly.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

What about me I loved that Campbell was added to the deal but hate that we just wasted a 2nd round pick on Kelly.  They are essentially the same player Campbell is bigger stronger and Kelly is a little faster.  The big difference between the two one makes twice yes twice as much as the other.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Typical B' fan : You are forgetting a skating winger who can score.  This PP will be the downfall for them in the postseason.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

The Bruins are 5th in the league in scoring, so I am not worried about goals.  In addition, if they add a PP specailist at the point, their goals for should increase, as we all know that the Bruins goals scored on the PP are near the bottom of the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

If Claude uses the speed at his disposal a lot of teams back off. You have Seguin, Paille, now Kelly Wheeler, Marchand he should use that speed to the teams advantage. It opens up ice for these guys. You would see a lot more three on two's two on one's and more scoring. Yes I said more scoring. Just remember speed kills 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]If Claude uses the speed at his disposal a lot of teams back off. You have Seguin, Paille, now Kelly Wheeler, Marchand he should use that speed to the teams advantage. It opens up ice for these guys. You would see a lot more three on two's two on one's and more scoring. Yes I said more scoring. Just remember speed kills 
    Posted by alwaysabruin[/QUOTE]
    Speed doesn't kill...killing kills....just ask Montreal...With Kelly on board , expect to see even less of Seguin. I like the kid , but he looks lost out there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great depth move this will improve an already improved Ryder then eventually whomever comes back for Wheels!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

The Good Part:

Yes, Kelly is a good pick-up, and would have been a better pick-up for a 3rd round pick. Ottawa could select a "Ryan Spooner"  with what they got.

The Bad Part:

There goes Seguin's ice time. Rookies make mistakes. Rookies who aren't allowed to do anything they are good at make even more mistakes.

It looks like Julien and management will not allow Seguin to settle. They are just postponing the mistakes to a later time, when it will hurt more.

What's wrong with allowing him to make mistakes now? They'll hurt less and quicken his development.

A coach is supposed to use the talent of the players he is given. He has missed the boat with Tyler. I think he gave up on the kid after Christmas - and it shows.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if the b's were not in contention for the playoffs...then ride seguin out. the thing is you rarely see a top pick go to a top team, so people are used to letting the rook jump right into fire, on a crap team. why do it at the expense of the teams results? the kid is 19 years old, be patient.so what if he takes a year or two to get to that top level...HE'S 19. i'd much rather have him compete for playing time,than be given something because he was a high pick. i like it