Typical Reults

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Typical Reults

There is no reason to think that the play of the Bruins will EVER change. They will win their share of games and fail when the pressure is on. I love the B's but, this is a pattern that has repeated itself season after season after season.
    From ownership down to the players there is a DESIRE to win but, never once, is winning DEMANDED. This type of mentality is what keeps the B's mired in mediocrity.

I don't want to turn this into a Jeremy Jacobs must sell the team rant but lets face it, when and if jacobs ever decides that losing is UNNACEPTABLE than things may begin to change. Look no further than the C's, Sox and Pats as teams that have owners who are committed to and demand to win. They may not win every year but there is a commitment to winning.

In typical B's fashion they will more than likely beat the Sabres tomorrow. I'm guessing that they will put forth the physical, aggressive and emotional effort that they SHOULD HAVE PUT FORTH LAST NIGHT. Does anyone think that the Red Wings would have came up with the same effort that the Bruins did last night. I don't think so because the standard and the expectation from that organization is different. The culture is based around the ultimate goal of winning.

Please spare me the 'jacobs does not run the team', 'they spend to the cap'........blah, blah, blah. These are all excuses that we as fans use to justify the losing (I am also guilty of this).

If Jeremy Jacobs were to magically utter nothing but the truth it would sound something like this:

"I would like to see my team win but, it's not the most important thing to me. I'm more concerned that all of my businesess' are profitable. As far as my accountability goes, I thought it would be a good idea to make Cam Neely the team president. After all, it allows the fan base to shift their attention away from me and focus it on someone they love and admire. How can they hate me if they believe that one of their own is in charge of my team. Let Cam, Peter and the players take the heat and I will continue to reap the benefits of false hope, sellouts and concession revenues. Boy am I smart"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Typical Reults

In Response to Typical Reults:
    There is no reason to think that the play of the Bruins will EVER change. They will win their share of games and fail when the pressure is on. I love the B's but, this is a pattern that has repeated itself season after season after season. From ownership down to the players there is a DESIRE to win but, never once, is winning DEMANDED. This type of mentality is what keeps the B's mired in mediocrity. I don't want to turn this into a Jeremy Jacobs must sell the team rant but lets face it, when and if jacobs ever decides that losing is UNNACEPTABLE than things may begin to change. Look no further than the C's, Sox and Pats as teams that have owners who are committed to and demand to win. They may not win every year but there is a commitment to winning. In typical B's fashion they will more than likely beat the Sabres tomorrow. I'm guessing that they will put forth the physical, aggressive and emotional effort that they SHOULD HAVE PUT FORTH LAST NIGHT. Does anyone think that the Red Wings would have came up with the same effort that the Bruins did last night. I don't think so because the standard and the expectation from that organization is different. The culture is based around the ultimate goal of winning. Please spare me the 'jacobs does not run the team', 'they spend to the cap'........blah, blah, blah. These are all excuses that we as fans use to justify the losing (I am also guilty of this). If Jeremy Jacobs were to magically utter nothing but the truth it would sound something like this: "I would like to see my team win but, it's not the most important thing to me. I'm more concerned that all of my businesess' are profitable. As far as my accountability goes, I thought it would be a good idea to make Cam Neely the team president. After all, it allows the fan base to shift their attention away from me and focus it on someone they love and admire. How can they hate me if they believe that one of their own is in charge of my team. Let Cam, Peter and the players take the heat and I will continue to reap the benefits of false hope, sellouts and concession revenues. Boy am I smart"
    Posted by ed121501

Blah,blah,blah.......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

In Response to Re: Typical Reults:
    In Response to Typical Reults : Blah,blah,blah.......
    Posted by dezaruchi

You are entitled to your opinion but am I correct ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ed121... i will apologize in advance for the bruins... they will lose another 6 or 8 games this year - sorry they didn't go 82-0 this year ...they lost just to screw with the "real bruins fans", like you. i think this team has done very well this year CONSIDERING: 1) their owner is trying to make them lose,2)their gm is managing them to lose, 3) their coach is sabotaging his own team, and 4) their fan base is so supporting-

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

ed121... i will apologize in advance for the bruins... they will lose another 6 or 8 games this year - sorry they didn't go 82-0 this year ...they lost just to screw with the "real bruins fans", like you. i think this team has done very well this year CONSIDERING: 1) their owner is trying to make them lose,2)their gm is managing them to lose, 3) their coach is sabotaging his own team, and 4) their fan base is so supporting-
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Actually, they have done very well this year and no one would ever expect a team to go 82-0. Did they want to win that game last night? of course. Did they have the team to win that game last night ? Yes. But when the puck was dropped they did not want it as bad as the Habs wanted it and that is unnacceptable. That is part of the culture of losing. Where is the outrage this morning from anyone associated with the team ? There is no outrage because they are not EXPECTED to win when it really counts. Last night , by the way, was an example of a game that really counted. Sure it's only a regular season game but there was alot on the line and the B's were unable to deliver.
    Stop apologizing and demand more. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Typical Reults : Actually, they have done very well this year and no one would ever expect a team to go 82-0. Did they want to win that game last night? of course. Did they have the team to win that game last night ? Yes. But when the puck was dropped they did not want it as bad as the Habs wanted it and that is unnacceptable. That is part of the culture of losing. Where is the outrage this morning from anyone associated with the team ? There is no outrage because they are not EXPECTED to win when it really counts. Last night , by the way, was an example of a game that really counted. Sure it's only a regular season game but there was alot on the line and the B's were unable to deliver. Stop apologizing and demand more. 
    Posted by ed121501

So you're "demanding more" of a team that's "expected" to lose?You're entertaining if nothing else......

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ed121...sorry for apologizing(oops i did it again)...as for demands: in order to log into this site posters must a mental stability test and have an IQ of 80 or better. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Typical Reults : Another brilliant well thought out reply by dezaruchi.
    Posted by tukka_fall

That's your best post yet!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

In Response to Re: Typical Reults : So you're "demanding more" of a team that's "expected" to lose?You're entertaining if nothing else......
    Posted by dezaruchi

I am demanding more of a team that should expect to win.
    Stay with me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

demanding something makes you like a  sound a spoiled little brat ..."i demand to go to the zoo...now". it's funny, i bet the players "demand" fans that stick by them through the good and the bad... not just two years in the 70's

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

ed121...sorry for apologizing(oops i did it again)...as for demands: in order to log into this site posters must a mental stability test and have an IQ of 80 or better. 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I'm all set with the IQ part but if mental stability is a requirement for this site than we are all truly in trouble.

Let's please keep the posts respectable. I've been waiting a long time to see this team win a cup. It's frustrating to watch the same thing year after year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

its only "frustrating to watch the same thing year after year"...if you keep reliving the past. this is 2011- this bruins team has a shot at the cup...what more could you possbly "demand" of them

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Typical Reults : I am demanding more of a team that should expect to win. Stay with me.
    Posted by ed121501

I quote you when I say"a team not EXPECTED to win when it counts".Your words,not mine so I don't know how to stay with you on this one.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

demanding something makes you like a  sound a spoiled little brat ..."i demand to go to the zoo...now". it's funny, i bet the players "demand" fans that stick by them through the good and the bad... not just two years in the 70's
    Posted by adkbeesfan

If you are paying good money for a steak at a restaurant i'm hopeful you would respectfully demand that your steak be cooked to your liking. If not than you are merely accepting what is given to you. Therefore, you should not expect anything to change.

Keep enjoying your burned steak.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

bruins=steak at restaurant? if your the owner who has invested hundreds of millions of dollars- get your steak how you want it.  for the rest of us it's ENTERTAINMENT- something to take your mind away from the daily grind. if it's anything more than that, see the test for mental stability. we are the ones looking through the window of said restaurant- wondering how the steak is. your fault for overspending on tickets and paraphanalia- its called personal choices 

Sections
Shortcuts