UFA RW Radim Vrbata

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

UFA RW Radim Vrbata

The buzz being that the Bruins are rumoured to be interested in him................pending Iginla's decision.

Thoughts ? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: UFA RW Radim Vrbata

If the BRUINS could get Vrbata it would be a HOMERUN

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

My thoughts are that PC will not bring in any UFA. The remaining roster spots will be filled in house and I'm fine with that.  Hopefully, he'll have a little bit of cap space to bring in a rental at the deadline.

-GNB, King Of The Forum

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Vrabata with Krejci and Pastrnak would be awesome the Czech Republic connection

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Not really what i want.  I would almost rather give the youngins a chance and then add at the deadline.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE]

The buzz being that the Bruins are rumoured to be interested in him................pending Iginla's decision.

Thoughts ? [/QUOTE]

I think it is possible. But what contract(s) do you think goes out ?

As far as the player, I think his goal output would increase with a center like Soderberg or Krejci.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Good player and would probably be a decent fit here. However, he's a UFA who just made $3m/yr on his last deal and will presumably get a raise. Depending on what Smith and Krug get I'm not sure they will have enough cap space to sign a guy like Vrbata. Why don't one of you guys go play GM on capgeek and report back. I don't have time today :P

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not really what i want.  I would almost rather give the youngins a chance and then add at the deadline.  

[/QUOTE]

Me too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I think it is possible. But what contract(s) do you think goes out ?

As far as the player, I think his goal output would increase with a center like Soderberg or Krejci.

Playing around with cap geek.........McQuaid and Kelly (NTC)...............if possible. 

21 man roster with around $3.4M left in cap space for Smith and Krug new contracts.

Mix and match the 4th line RW spot and 3rd line LW spot with Fraser, Caron, Spooner or one of the other PBruins.

P.S. I tried Boychuk but I hated the defense without him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE] P.S. I tried Boychuk but I hated the defense without him. [/QUOTE]

I know but that is the contract that will get the most return and free up a ton. A tough choice indeed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from btrentor. Show btrentor's posts

Boston needs to stick to its roots and not overpay for players missing vowels in their name.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Thanks but no thanks to Vrbata. P.C. better not sign this bum !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Unless something changes,in regards to any free agents,i'm afraid that the Bruins are in a situation where there is too much month at the end of the money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Rather go with the young players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Craig Morgan ‏@cmorganfoxaz 3hUFA RW Radim Vrbata's camp won't make decision on future today. Considering several options. Vrbata is in Czech Republic. 12:30 am there.

So you're telling me there's a chance...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

The list of (still -even now) available free agents is huge - it's on cap geek.

Is there a list of guys forced out of hockey because they couldn't sign on as ufa?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vrabata with Krejci and Pastrnak would be awesome the Czech Republic connection

[/QUOTE]

Yep. he's a perfect fit! right handed shot with SPEED! excellent shootout skills as well

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rather go with the young players.

[/QUOTE]

There is now 2 spots open on the wing with thorton and Iggy departure. Vrbata is a perfect fit. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Bruins need either Radim Vrbata or Evander Kane NOW! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

It is worth noting that Krejci struggled most with the team speed of the Canadiens and the Detroit Red Wings, not because of his lack of speed, but because of the lack of speed on his line. Iginla and Lucic are both extremely talented hockey players, but lack the straight-ahead speed that Krejci possesses. His playmaking abilities end up slowing down the game so his wingers can catch up instead of pushing the pace and scoring on quicker breakouts.

Radim Vrbata or Evander Kane solve this problem

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is worth noting that Krejci struggled most with the team speed of the Canadiens and the Detroit Red Wings, not because of his lack of speed, but because of the lack of speed on his line. Iginla and Lucic are both extremely talented hockey players, but lack the straight-ahead speed that Krejci possesses. His playmaking abilities end up slowing down the game so his wingers can catch up instead of pushing the pace and scoring on quicker breakouts.

Radim Vrbata or Evander Kane solve this problem

[/QUOTE]

To get Kane you would have to give up at least a top 6 forward, therefor still leaving a hole in the top 6.

I'm not sure If I want to give a young guy a chance. I'd assume PC wants a right handed shot up there, so Vrbata makes sense on that front and he can finish. Who knows, maybe with the B's on the top 6 he can produce.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

I like Vrbata, but Boston can only sign him to a one year, bonus laden, deal ala Iginla.

At 33, he is probably looking for a "retirement" deal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to BigBadnBruin's comment:

I like Vrbata, but Boston can only sign him to a one year, bonus laden, deal ala Iginla.

At 33, he is probably looking for a "retirement" deal.

Tell Krejci to call his Chech brother and convince him he's got a shot at winning a cup and pulling a Marion Gaborik and raise his stock for a 3 year long term somewhere else the following season. lol