Uh Oh Corvo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Uh Oh Corvo

In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo : I can't give you specifics but you know that Boychuk makes big hits. Have you ever seen Corvo make a big hit (out of the 16 he's thrown)?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Big hits put you out of position.  They are nice for the fans and can pump a team up as long as the puck isnt in the net as a result of a 2 on 1.  I don't think Kaberle had one hit in last years playoffs. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Boychuk does not make big hits as frequently as one thinks, NAS is correct.  Bookboy is wrong to say Boychuk is the best option, as opposed to who is the worst at coughing up pucks!? I am just saying whent he Bs offense is on the slide, the defense looks mighty average.  Take out Chara and it is horrible, so if there is cap space please PC make it a defenseman (Bogosian or Sutter) but please don't give me a Kaberle. I repent my sins thinking he was the answer, Corvo is functional, not the answer!  Thank goodness I am not a GM, heh Stanley! Wheeler is still offsides more than not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo : Big hits put you out of position.  They are nice for the fans and can pump a team up as long as the puck isnt in the net as a result of a 2 on 1.  I don't think Kaberle had one hit in last years playoffs. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    He was credited with 4 and yes, big hits will often put you out of position. I thinks it's a worthy gamble when you get these results......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r0aCgXTTwc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffxKFMaYMhY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3iBigx0qFg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkS8rLzcnfw&feature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Iw08ymdKU&feature=related

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Why are the Jets giving up Bogosian?  Did their management suffer a collective concussion?

Isla, you need to give me more than "Bookboy is wrong".  I mean, c'mon.  Them's fightin' words.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo : He was credited with 4 and yes, big hits will often put you out of position. I thinks it's a worthy gamble when you get these results...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r0aCgXTTwc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffxKFMaYMhY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3iBigx0qFg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkS8rLzcnfw&feature=related http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Iw08ymdKU&feature=related

Sadly Dez,  The results would be suspensions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bookboy is wrong, I am simply saying a defenseman is needed.  Not another JAG like Duinne use to say.  If you are going to make a trade to upgrade the defense then yes why not Bogosian, or better yet Sutter.  Both seem stupid but Montreal bought the Kaberle dream for many years.  Ok, back to reality, YES, Thomas/Rask are super goalies that will win it all once again!  Yikes, that is not reality!  Stay the course in any sport means you will lose!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo : Sadly Dez,  The results would be suspensions.
    Shupe, you're letting the pessimism get the best of you. Only 1 of those hits took place a long time ago. All of the rest were in the last year or so. I think those hits were great examples of how a player can still make punishing hits while playing clean. Arms in and down, feet stay on the ice. It's pretty simple really. Arrrrg, now you've got me going again about the league going downhill. I could go on for hours about the ways that the supposed evolution of the game has actually just made it more dangerous with no increase in scoring. 2 line passes, the trapezoid, elimination of the "clutch and grab"..........all of it is crap that does nothing helpful in the overall scheme of things. Give me the clutch and grab scoring of the 70's, 80's and 90's, when concussions weren't the most common injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo : Shupe, you're letting the pessimism get the best of you. Only 1 of those hits took place a long time ago. All of the rest were in the last year or so. I think those hits were great examples of how a player can still make punishing hits while playing clean. Arms in and down, feet stay on the ice. It's pretty simple really. Arrrrg, now you've got me going again about the league going downhill. I could go on for hours about the ways that the supposed evolution of the game has actually just made it more dangerous with no increase in scoring. 2 line passes, the trapezoid, elimination of the "clutch and grab"..........all of it is crap that does nothing helpful in the overall scheme of things. Give me the clutch and grab scoring of the 70's, 80's and 90's, when concussions weren't the most common injury.

Just for starters...the first is a charge with elbow sandwich. 

I do have a way or ticking off the better posters in here.  :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Before you reply, I do think 3-4-5 are excellent hits.  1-2 likely have suspension on them or at least the world would be up in arms.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Before you reply, I do think 3-4-5 are excellent hits.  1-2 likely have suspension on them or at least the world would be up in arms.
    The first one was analyzed by many since it was in the playoffs. The league claimed that there was language in the rules that stipulated it can't be a blindside hit when your curling around the net like that and you can watch it over and over, there is no elbow involved.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo : The first one was analyzed by many since it was in the playoffs. The league claimed that there was language in the rules that stipulated it can't be a blindside hit when your curling around the net like that and you can watch it over and over, there is no elbow involved.

Well I see an elbow and a kickoff style charge.  To me thats a penalty. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I just watched it about 50 times.  The elbow isnt used but it sure got up.  So I will recant that and stick with the charge. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I just watched it about 50 times.  The elbow isnt used but it sure got up.  So I will recant that and stick with the charge. 
    Once again, we disagree. You just don't like the D on D crime. Cheers.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo : Once again, we disagree. You just don't like the D on D crime. Cheers.

He skated right through him=charge.  I actually already said I like Boychuk with Z.
    I think Boychuk plays well with Z.  Mind you my 40 year old a$$ likely could as well 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo :
    Games played wasnt in the original post.  Should of added the fine print. 

You have until mid-Febuary good luck....

"Boychuk is doing a great job keeping his next contract manageable"

Great statement I read yesterday after Johhny Bs brutal giveaway last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo : You have until mid-Febuary good luck.... "Boychuk is doing a great job keeping his next contract manageable" Great statement I read yesterday after Johhny Bs brutal giveaway last night.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Thanks. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo : I can't give you specifics but you know that Boychuk makes big hits. Have you ever seen Corvo make a big hit (out of the 16 he's thrown)?

He throws big hits like he scores goals.  They're huge and memorable.  They just don't come around very often.

And I have never been a fan of the super subjective "hits" stat.  While I was typing that, I think Cal Clutterbuck got credit for three.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from damgood. Show damgood's posts

[QUOTE]I'll keep Corvo over Boychuk.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Not A frkn chance .

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo : I actually like Boychuk with Z.  I don't mind Boychuk making a big hit when the reach monster is back there with him.  If a player is added I am hoping its someone in the line of Gleason-Souray. McQuad would be my odd man out.  Chara/Boychuk Seids/Gleason(Souray) Corvo/AF

Gleason is the guy to target in my mind, maybe Oduya.  Pair either with Boychuk for your 2nd pair and things are better.  Seidenberg plays the right side with Chara and Ference/McQuaid stay together.

Jose Corvo goes up into the press-box and serves your 7th d-man, a role that is a much better fit for what he brings to the table.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay, I've heard Gleason's name all over this place for the past week or so.  Has there been any actual indication that Carolina wants to move him? 

If it's just the expiring contract, which is a silly reason to post 1,000 times about the B's getting a player, I'll take Matt Carle and Barrett Jackman, please.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Bob MacKenzie mentioned Boston targeting Gleason, so there is most like some truth to the Boston side of the equation since he doesn't use speculation to make rumours.  I haven't heard anything about Carolina wanting to move him, but it's not unreasonable to think they would given his status and their standing.

I'm really OK with the D.  Come playoff time we know that Chara-Seidenberg can play half the game, and Ference-Boychuck can be the next pair. They've done it for a full run and done it well.  The only question for me is can Corvo play the Kaberle role. 15min or less with mostly powerplay/easy opposition time paired with McQuaid. My answer would be yes, though I'm a little concerned that they are both righties.  Some d have no problem switching sides, but I don't know if Corvo or McQuaid can. If either one is weak on the left, that could be costly in a tight game. If that's the case we could really use a left D. Gleason does happen to be one. We should probably get one anyway just for depth.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Occam's razor -

Tim Gleason is a defenseman who plays for the Hurricanes.

PC acquires present and former Hurricanes D like a little old lady with a collection of commemorative spoons.  I'm surprised he hasn't traded McQuaid to the Hurricanes for future considerations that are...Adam McQuaid...just so he can increase his percentage of former Hurricanes.  I'm surprised he hasn't forced Claude Julien to hire Paul Maurice to run the blueline, actually.

Therefore, the Bruins are interested in acquiring Tim Gleason.  And Joni Pitkanen.  And whoever else the 'Canes employ.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbbfan40. Show bbbfan40's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo : Gleason is the guy to target in my mind, maybe Oduya.  Pair either with Boychuk for your 2nd pair and things are better.  Seidenberg plays the right side with Chara and Ference/McQuaid stay together. Jose Corvo goes up into the press-box and serves your 7th d-man, a role that is a much better fit for what he brings to the table.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]
    Wow! When I suggested that back in mid-January, heyoo burned my posterior till it was charcoal. If we can't trade Corvo and Kampfer is beginning to look like a crash dummy out there, maybe we can get Hnidy out of the radio booth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Bookboy is wrong, I am simply saying a defenseman is needed.  Not another JAG like Duinne use to say.  If you are going to make a trade to upgrade the defense then yes why not Bogosian, or better yet Sutter.  Both seem stupid but Montreal bought the Kaberle dream for many years.  Ok, back to reality, YES, Thomas/Rask are super goalies that will win it all once again!  Yikes, that is not reality!  Stay the course in any sport means you will lose!
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Bogo? Oduya? Ain't gonna happen. If you want Buff though, have at 'em. He'd be a better fit here than in winnipeg anyway. Bogo, Enstrom, Oduya, Hainsey and Pavelec are the only reasons that the Jets aren't right next to Columbus in the standings.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh Oh Corvo : Bogo? Oduya? Ain't gonna happen. If you want Buff though, have at 'em. He'd be a better fit here than in winnipeg anyway. Bogo, Enstrom, Oduya, Hainsey and Pavelec are the only reasons that the Jets aren't right next to Columbus in the standings.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

25% of the team carrying the other 75%?  Isn't that the case on many teams?