Ummmmm, thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Ummmmm, thoughts?

Joe Haggerty 
    Shane Hnidy is in for a tryout with the  in Vancouver and will practice with the team today

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Ummmmm, thoughts?

In Response to Ummmmm, thoughts?:
    [QUOTE]HackswithHaggs   Joe Haggerty   Shane Hnidy is in for a tryout with the  #bruins  in Vancouver and will practice with the team today 8 minutes ago  
    Posted by FinnsWake[/QUOTE]
    I don't mind keeping him as the 9th defenseman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Defensive depth is the only thing i can think of.  I just saw Hags tweet as well and immediately assumed this is just in case one of the Rookie D-Men (McQuaid and Kamps) cant hack it in the playoffs.  Also not a bad idea to have an extra vet at the D position for this team.  We are one injury away from having 2 rookies and Boychuck in our top 3 D pairings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Someone for Providence, and depth in case of playoff injury? Not a bad idea.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Ummmmm, thoughts?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ummmmm, thoughts? : I don't mind keeping him as the 9th defenseman.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  I think he is worse than our top 8.  But, you can never have too much depth in the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ummmmm, thoughts? : Exactly.  I think he is worse than our top 8.  But, you can never have too much depth in the playoffs.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Depth is great but if the Bruins need to use Hnidy,we're all in trouble.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Plus he already knows CJ's system and most of the guys in the room, so he could just step in if needed with not much learning curve or chemistry issues.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Love it.  There is nobody in Providence right now that could fill in should injuries happen.  Sheriff Shane knows the system and from all accounts is a great guy in the room!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I was wondering where Hnidy was hiding, and if PC might kick the tires on him, so to speak.  If there are no worthwhile depth D trades to be made (and with it seeming like every team needs more D, the market might be foolishly expensive) I could see having him around as insurance being useful.

If he actually gets on the ice, though, it means something has gone terribly wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Better then a kick in the gonads !Yell Unless PC is making another trade involving a d man in prov. ie Penner and Hnidy will be in Prov. to replace him and use him as a call just in case our young rooks. chokes in the play-offs.SealedCool

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Love it.  There is nobody in Providence right now that could fill in should injuries happen.  Sheriff Shane knows the system and from all accounts is a great guy in the room!  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Every kid in Providence should know the system by now.I'd rather see Alexandrov to find out if he's good than see Hnidy(who I know isn't good enough).He seems like a great guy but it's time for the new blood.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE something is coming with a trade of Boychuck? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

maybe this is in anticipation of a defenseman being dealt out at the deadline

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I can think of no reason why or why not to be honest....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke35. Show Duke35's posts

I thought the same thing, maybe they deal a defenseman at the deadline, but couldn't for the life of me think of who they might go after.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

DEZ, on another post there was a listing of the Bruins pipeline, and Alexandrov had been dropped way down as having regressed due to language misunderstandings, and style of play not being consistent. Bartkowski was listed as the most ready D. I wouldn't really miss Boychuck, but not if Hnidy is his replacement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

[QUOTE]MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE something is coming with a trade of Boychuck? 
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. He paired with Chara last night too. a possible showcase for my guess Edmonton (He was born there). I remember reading before the Bruins signed him that the Oilers had a strong interest in him. Or it could just be a depth move who knows, I think PC is done evaluating and now adressing. Atleast he is not sitting on his hands.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2011&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

If Julien and Chiarelli don't like what they see then the only expiring contracts I'd like to see would be Adam Foote or Andy Greene. Paille would have to go out which means Whitfield inches closer as a spare forward that scares me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Last year Boychuk was a darling of the board, now he's having sophomore issues and everyone's ready to deal him.  I started the old "I Was Wrong" thread in part to say that I had been convinced - Boychuk was not an AHL defenseman and Avs cast-off Cinderella.  I'm not going back on my mea culpa.  Boychuk hasn't been as good this year - downright struggled at times, gets into chase mode, makes odd decisions - but he's a soph.  Too early to quit on him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I like BookBoychuck Im not giving up on him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Read that Nieuwendyk will entertain offers but it has to be a good one for Richards.

NAS, I know you must be upset that there hasn`t been a trade talk of a Wheel for OV or Crosby etc since he was traded for Valabik that other huge player(PC thought he was leading league with 165 goals not pims).

So here goes...

Boych and Pail for Doughty, should free up cap space as all of our bonus`s will not be reached
    and Sav for Richards both out with concussions.

What salary cap.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankserpico. Show frankserpico's posts

Since the start of the 07-08 season Tomas Kaberle has 12 powerplay goals. During that same time Dennis Wideman has 25 powerplay goals.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Since the start of the 07-08 season Tomas Kaberle has 12 powerplay goals. During that same time Dennis Wideman has 25 powerplay goals.
    Posted by frankserpico[/QUOTE]

And how exactly does this pertain to the thread?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Since the start of the 07-08 season Tomas Kaberle has 12 powerplay goals. During that same time Dennis Wideman has 25 powerplay goals.
    Posted by frankserpico[/QUOTE]
    Was Kaberle brought in to score goals?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankserpico. Show frankserpico's posts

in 31 playoff games with the Bruins Chara is a +1 with 13 points

in 30 playoff games with the Bruins Wideman was a +4 with 22 points

Sections
Shortcuts