UNACCEPTABLE !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: UNACCEPTABLE !

In response to marco0863's comment:

And Fletcher glorifies every single action or move made by the bruins mgnt. The perfect yes man. Agree with everything and anything.  Your a mgmt dream fan. I'll tell you what though how about making a bet similar to the one you wanted to make with Stanley

Well, I knew that was coming.

I actually questioned how Eriksson was fitting in many times here (pre-injury), but since you stick to Kessel/Seguin worship you don't get involved with most discussions.  Stanley Cups do make me happy though, so making it to two Cup finals in three years, keeps me from reacting to Kessel's statlines like a teenage girl at a Jonas Brothers concert.  I'm a Bruins fan.

marco, you're one of the least respected posters here, so be happy that I'm one of the few that will even respond to you and don't have you on ignore.  Having a school girl crush on Kessel and repeating the same distorted logic with pre-elementary school grammar and diction does not make you a discerning fan, or even interesting.  Criticism needs to make sense to be respected -- can't just be pining for a player on another team.

What kind of bet do you want to make?  I never made any bet with Stanley.  I've always said that Kessel will thrive in Toronto and Seguin will thrive in Dallas -- better situations for the individual in both cases.  I know you're interested in individual players and stats -- especially the ones you have a crush on.  I'm not.  I root for teams.  Wanna bet who's gonna have a better record this year, Boston or Dallas?

The most interesting bet for Kessel would have regarded who won a Stanley Cup first after the deal, but we all know the answer to that.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

What's an IPOT in IL?

I don't think the seasons old enough to throw tantrums yet.  Even I know that.

Go back to last spring.  Both you and I know about tantrums, but somehow that doesn't make us "fans." 

I've come to realize that the problem reallly isn't the "tantrum throwers" "whiners" "bridge-jumpers" but those who are obsessed with those who they accuse of being that way.  It's the complete opposite.  

The question really is: what's the psychology of board bullies?  Are they self-validated by typing 'Stop whining, loser' on forums? Do they really believ in their clairvoyance at times like the Bs coming back from 4-1 against the Leafs in Game 7 with 8 minutes left (no, I mean really?) Do they think their "guarding" of the Bs' covenant of "even in playing lousy, they are great" will get them free tickets or a personalized holiday card from the team?

If the Bs play lousy, feel free to say what you want.  Trust me, the players don't care what any of us say about them.  They get paid;  they have their families; they have their job; and they also know they can be traded any day.  Which is what makes the Defenders Of The Kool-Aid all the more fascinating for an analyst's couch.

Nothing wrong with getting steamed after a loss.  You get over it a few hours later and on to the next game.  It's entertainment.  You invest time in the hope of seeing your team win because it's fun and a great game.  

Oh, and no so-labeled "bridge jumper" (me, too)  on this board was upset at what the Bruins did last season.  It was valiant and a great run.  That squad threw everything out there with all the injuries they were dealt.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I love how this always turns into a "board bullies" vs. "bridge jumpers" conversation.  It's hilarious, and the "bullies" thing makes me laugh because there's this paranoia about it - Rusty style - where there's a group of posters who somehow meet behind the scenes like the Illuminati and decide what is and isn't permitted in terms of content on the board.  Or maybe the delusion extends to PC showing up in shadowy robes and telling them how to direct the conversation?  Unknown.

For the record, no one is saying they knew the Bruins would complete that comeback last Spring.  What they're saying is that they knew the character of the team, the talent level and their ability to at least try to come back.  Did you see that half-arsed swing that went for the last out of the WS?  That was a guy just wanting to get it over with and get out of the way of another team's celebration.  The Bruins weren't going to do that, but there were a lot of people on this board calling them gutless, questioning their character, the approach to building the team, the level of effort, the ability of the goaltender to win in the playoffs and on and on and on.  The difference is criticizing a particular game or situation and extrapolating from that to suggest there are major flaws in every part of the organization - burn it down!  I really don't get how anyone can see what the franchise has done over the last few years, or even since Chiarelli arrived, and continually sound off about the character and talent level of the player even when some of the most popular gripes are patently not the problem. 

Take "goal scoring is going to be a problem".  The Bruins don't have an Ovechkin or the Sedins or Crosby and Malkin, so every time they go through a stretch like the one they're in now where the offense isn't clicking, we hear how the roster is flawed and can't score enough goals.  Right now, the Bruins are middle of the pack in goals/game.  The three teams in front of them are Montreal, Vancouver and Washington.  Two of those teams are supposed to have high-powered offenses with Art Ross contenders driving the engine.  Last year, the Bruins scored the fifth most goals in the league despite a huge struggle to score in the last third of the season.  Two years ago, they were third.  Three years ago, they were fifth.  So no matter that the results over the long term show how false this "they can't score" story is, you get people who come on here and say they don't have the talent to score goals when, over two or three or four games, they aren't scoring.  I have no problem with people mocking that response.

You are entitled to vent your opinion.  I am entitled to mock that opinion if I think it's patently mistaken, wrong-headed, and misleading.  Doesn't make me a Kool-Aid drinker.  It's not the drink that makes me think you're wrong, it's the Cup.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Chicago lost to Calgary last night. BURN THEM DOWN. Organization is a complete joke! 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

And Fletcher glorifies every single action or move made by the bruins mgnt. The perfect yes man. Agree with everything and anything.  Your a mgmt dream fan. I'll tell you what though how about making a bet similar to the one you wanted to make with Stanley

Well, I knew that was coming.

I actually questioned how Eriksson was fitting in many times here (pre-injury), but since you stick to Kessel/Seguin worship you don't get involved with most discussions.  Stanley Cups do make me happy though, so making it to two Cup finals in three years, keeps me from reacting to Kessel's statlines like a teenage girl at a Jonas Brothers concert.  I'm a Bruins fan.

marco, you're one of the least respected posters here, so be happy that I'm one of the few that will even respond to you and don't have you on ignore.  Having a school girl crush on Kessel and repeating the same distorted logic with pre-elementary school grammar and diction does not make you a discerning fan, or even interesting.  Criticism needs to make sense to be respected -- can't just be pining for a player on another team.

What kind of bet do you want to make?  I never made any bet with Stanley.  I've always said that Kessel will thrive in Toronto and Seguin will thrive in Dallas -- better situations for the individual in both cases.  I know you're interested in individual players and stats -- especially the ones you have a crush on.  I'm not.  I root for teams.  Wanna bet who's gonna have a better record this year, Boston or Dallas?

The most interesting bet for Kessel would have regarded who won a Stanley Cup first after the deal, but we all know the answer to that.

[/QUOTE]

Stanley cup has nothing to do with it . Told you neeky best bruin forward ever and never win a cup. That cup made everyone happy especially seeing how elusive it was but I'm not complacent I want more cups and if it's the only cup we win for the next many years then we will have under achieved. JUST the image it portrays when a team trades Jt pk and Ts is a  joke and the only player I'm looking forward to from these transitions is Dougie

Looks promising hard c to say if c he'll ever win a norris. YOU wanted to  make a bet with Stanley concerning

Iginla and Horton - What was that again? 

Btw - "least respected posters and be happy your responding to me. You think I give a fk about your respect your à bunch of  morons who think they know something and know nothing.  There are maybe 4or 5 of you and you think that I need your respect to get validated do you think I'm a conformist for the sake of conforming. THE bdc is the ultra board where one can be accepted if he brings the kool aid. GET something straight most of you know Crap anyone can search but you have no vision none . Gotta tell you that statement reinforces just how idiotic and pompous you fks think you are so why do I bother cuz I must admit your ignorance intrigues me and its comical. But I'm quite certain that if you and I were talking in person you would definitely change your approach

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

LOL....I knew it was only a matter of time before someone started a post like this. I'll agree, the B's play isnt very encouraging of late, but I dont get too upset about it. Obviously, if it carries on for many games, then there might be a change that needs to be made. But it happens to a lot of teams. We'll see where this takes us....BUT it is very refreshing to see many of you not getting all worked up over it. There is a sense of calm amongst the group. Its nice to see.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

There is a price to pay when you earn a roster spot with the BRUINS, there is a pride that all the BRUINS players should have when they wear the B's jersey. Losing 3 of their last 4 games with so much talent on the team is simply  NOT ACCEPTABLE. The Players should be aware that the fans will not tolerate that kind of performance. So here is a message to all players ....we love our team , we love our players when they show a certain effort , a pride for their team and some passion in their games ....RIGHT NOW we do not like what we see....

You are a first class with no heart ....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH , you guys are adults and should play and perform like adults who love the game and who respect their fans ....

Thank You 

They're 8-5 after the 13th gm of the season, relax.

I'm sorry, bgriff, we're all being childish on this thread.  Please take your adult sense of perspective somewhere else.

- Sincerely,

Board Bullies.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

"The Stanley Cup has nothing to do with it"  -marco, 11/4/2013

That pretty much says it all right there.  That's the basis of practically every argument with marco.  Most of us, as Bruins fans, care about Stanley Cups, above all else.  marco doesn't.  He favors personal stats and the 'could have been' potential of ex-Bruin players.  It all makes sense.  I guess this fanboy can be placated by management with those silly little NHL championships, while more descriminating fans can point out that some ex-Bruin in Toronto might put together some impressive stat totals this year.  It's about your priorities, I guess.

-Deputy VP and Treasurer of the BDC Illuminati

P.S. I don't remember having any bet with Stanley, but I surely don't remember everything I post.  Pull it up - what was it?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

OK, here's the deal people.

CJ has a two finals appearances in three years and a Stanley Cup on his resume. So, he now gets a very wide berth to dock his system and beliefs in. And, as much as I dislike his style and his perceived shortcomings - it is what it is. So what does that mean? How does that apply to this subject ?

You will have to accept that there will be a lot of times just like this. There will be disturbing patterns of team and individual play that will precipitate threads like this making fans vent their frustrations with what should be obvious to everyone. Then, this board will splinter into two groups. I used to believe that one group was right, and the other was pathetic. I now have come to the conclusion that they're both wrong. It is just the way it will be with a CJ coached team, and due to his recent success - everyone will just have to deal with it, cause it will never change.

Sitting back on their heels while the opponent is attacking, unemotional, nobody finishing checks, we send one halfway in on a fore check- they send an all out blitz, Waiting in the neutral zone to create offense, after getting their azzes kicked for 2 periods abandon the conservative play and go for it, line combos, handling young offensive talent - I could go on and on.

Here's the thing, it's all true

Here's the other thing - 2 finals in 3 yrs, and a cup.

Frustration, even for excellent  reasons, doesn't mix too well with positive end results.

Both sides are either right or wrong depending on how you look at it. That shouldn't give anyone the right to question someones level of support for this team though.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

At least one new player on each of the first 3 lines.

And one part of Wensink I agree with, CJ is slow to make changes and reluctant to experiment.

The CJ motto seems to be slow and steady wins the race.

This team has seen losing streaks in other good years.

P.S. I don't remember having any bet with Stanley, but I surely don't remember everything I post.  Pull it up - what was it?

Your bet was about iginla vs horton. Funny how dez snd you seem to forget for some conveniently forget for others well thousands and thousands of posts might be the reason

In response to JWensink's comment:

CJ has a two finals appearances in three years and a Stanley Cup on his resume. So, he now gets a very wide berth to dock his system and beliefs in. And, as much as I dislike his style and his perceived shortcomings - it is what it is. So what does that mean? How does that apply to this subject ?

You will have to accept that there will be a lot of times just like this. There will be disturbing patterns of team and individual play that will precipitate threads like this making fans vent their frustrations with what should be obvious to everyone. Then, this board will splinter into two groups. I used to believe that one group was right, and the other was pathetic. I now have come to the conclusion that they're both wrong. It is just the way it will be with a CJ coached team, and due to his recent success - everyone will just have to deal with it, cause it will never change.

Sitting back on their heels while the opponent is attacking, unemotional, nobody finishing checks, we send one halfway in on a fore check- they send an all out blitz, Waiting in the neutral zone to create offense, after getting their azzes kicked for 2 periods abandon the conservative play and go for it, line combos, handling young offensive talent - I could go on and on.

Frustration, even for excellent  reasons, doesn't mix too well with positive end results.

Both sides are either right or wrong depending on how you look at it. That shouldn't give anyone the right to question someones level of support for this team though.

Well said

"The Stanley Cup has nothing to do with it"  -marco, 11/4/2013

That pretty much says it all right there.  That's the basis of practically every argument with marco.  Most of us, as Bruins fans, care about Stanley Cups, above all else.  marco doesn't.  He favors personal stats and the 'could have been' potential of ex-Bruin players.  It all makes sense.  I guess this fanboy can be placated by management with those silly little NHL championships, while more descriminating fans can point out that some ex-Bruin in Toronto might put together some impressive stat totals this year.  It's about your priorities, I guess.

-Deputy VP and Treasurer of the BDC Illuminati

Once again just trying to grab onto something.  READ the rest.  That kessel or joe hasn't won a cup has nothing to do with the players they are hence Cam neely- you get that and I believe that this team could do better then one cup in 40 years they we re poised to win more  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

LOL....I knew it was only a matter of time before someone started a post like this. I'll agree, the B's play isnt very encouraging of late, but I dont get too upset about it. Obviously, if it carries on for many games, then there might be a change that needs to be made. But it happens to a lot of teams. We'll see where this takes us....BUT it is very refreshing to see many of you not getting all worked up over it. There is a sense of calm amongst the group. Its nice to see.

Its not a question of being calm or not its a question of PRIDE , if we accept that the BRUINS lose 3 games out of their last 4 wihout saying anything ...players will take bad habits "losers habits" and will never be able to offer solid performances....we need to stand behind our team but the players need to understand that the fans will not accept nor tolerate the way they play right now (without passion, without energy, without desire to win, without team work).  As si ple as that : ENOUGH IS ENOUGH a loss to the Stars  and Cam Neely will have to take major decisions 

I'm not worried about the regular season and honestly I don't want them to play too hard every single game and then get ousted in the playoffs because they have no more gas.  This team has built a reputation of coming back strong when they have their backs way againstthe wall the thing is though it's not entirely the same team

And my feeling is they won't be able to pull that off again. The key guy for me will have to be Soderbrrgh if he makes makes an impact and more precisely in the playoffs then who knows .

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH a loss to the Stars  and Cam Neely will have to take major decisions"

No, Chicken Little...He won't.

So, NAS, Fletch, and Book, When is the next secret meeting of the Machiavellian Bruins Illuminati Fan Society? I just got my hooded cloak dry cleaned.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

At least one new player on each of the first 3 lines.

And one part of Wensink I agree with, CJ is slow to make changes and reluctant to experiment.

The CJ motto seems to be slow and steady wins the race.

This team has seen losing streaks in other good years.

I disagree. This Bruin's team is using their D-men on the attack more than they ever have before since CJ's been here. Hence the reason they have so many odd man rushes against this yr. Excluding the Islander game. The opposing team was getting at least 3-4 a night. When you include the Islanders game they had EIGHT! So, I think CJ & his staff have realized that they have the extra mobility & offensive potential in the backend & is trying to use that as part of the Bruins offensive arsenal. I think their play up to this point is one of confusion as to what used to be & what is supposed to happen. Forwards are zigging instead of zagging. It's an adjustment period, moreso than playing bad hockey. The bad hockey is coming from mistakes caused by the "new" adjustment. Mark my words BadHab there will some on here that'll be screaming for CJ to go back to his old ways if they end up going 3-7 in the next 10 games. 

Your bet was about iginla vs horton. Funny how dez snd you seem to forget for some conveniently forget for others well thousands and thousands of posts might be the reason

Pull it up.  Don't remember making a bet with anyone.  Does Stanley remember this bet?  

I do think that Iginla will have goals than Horton this year.  Was that the bet?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great post!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Man, that was a good laugh.

So...is someone organizing a group tantrum or something outside Chara's place or maybe in the parking lot at Wilmington? 

The roster is better than last year.  You remember last year?  They went through a rough stretch where they blew some leads and had some trouble scoring, especially on the PP?  Then they came within a minute of at least taking the Stanley Cup Finals to 7 games?  Everything they've done to change the roster from last year to this year is working.  Smith has been better than Jagr on the second line.  The third line has been better, though not by much.  Iginla has been better than Horton was.  The D is better with the JV rotation guys than it was with Ference.  The only place where you might say they aren't as good is backup goalie.  Have a little patience.  They don't need to win every game.  They aren't going to be perfect every night.  I can tolerate this.  I don't have to like it, but I'm not about to put on a fresh pair of Pull Ups and have a cry about it.

Said perfectly.........

Yeah, SanDog, and I don't think JW is considered a member of the Illuminati, so maybe it will get through to some?  (JW and I see eye to eye on a few things; still not entirely sure how the feud with Fletch and Dez got as bad as it is, but hey...that's the 'net.)

The only part I'd respond to is that bit at the end.  I don't know about others, but I won't get on someone for saying "they need to get two in on the forecheck because they're making it too easy" or "where was this level of emotion and aggression for the first two periods?!?!"  I will respond to and question the level of support for the team behind comments like: "what a bunch of puzzies! They have no pride...none.  Trade Krejci for Bobby Ryan already."  I get that it's venting, but it sounds ridiculous, and given that I like the current makeup of the roster - I like the kind of intelligent, multi-purpose player this team's identity is built on - I'm going to speak up against people who call out the quality of the players.  I find those comments show a fundamental lack of understanding of JW's main point - they play the way they play for a reason, and it's not a lack of commitment or professionalism or even, I would argue, emotional engagement.  They have system priorities that have proved effective with this group of players.  When the players are slumping as all players do, all you see is the system priorities and those look boring and passive.  When the players are playing with confidence, the Bruins dominate the puck for periods at a time.  Same system, same priorities.  Just better execution.

I think the bottom line is that, for any of us who have followed this team for a long time (everyone here?), you can't possibly argue that the past three years haven't been better than several decades of Bruins hockey that preceded it.  I've said this many times, but during the Dave Lewis tenure I was as bitter as anyone here.  

But we have had arguably the best team in the league for three years, without having to endure a rebuild.  The team looks strong for the foreseeable future.  They're in a good cap position.  They're winning so far this year, pretty or not.  They have players that are fun to watch and root for.  I just can't understand coming unglued right now, after a couple loses.  I feel spoiled as a sports fan in general, and I've never felt that way before.

Some of the complaints about Julien listed above, seem to assume that changes could still be made to make things better.  I think that's a doubtful argument.  If Julien changes his style, things might get better and they might get worse.  Be careful about asking for change in a time of success.  If Julien starts making lineup changes based on short-term trends or demanding more aggressive play in every mid-season game, you might very well find that something else suffers.  I think there is probably a method to his madness, where even things that don't seem perfect to us are done for a reason.

Being slow to make adjustments always seems like the most valid criticism of Julien to me.  Drove me nuts pre-2011.  But I think that he has gotten much better with that and you really can't argue with the results.

Asking them to keep winning, but do it even better, seems unrealistic.  I'll question some Julien moves this season for sure, but I won't be calling for changes after a lackluster loss to the Islanders in November.  I won't be blasting management because Phil Kessel has two goals against Edmonton some night.  What happens in May and June trumps that for me.  When the Bruins miss the playoffs or get blown out in the first round, you watch, all of the 'regulars' here will be complaining.  It will make sense to.

In response to seobrien's comment:

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH a loss to the Stars  and Cam Neely will have to take major decisions"

No, Chicken Little...He won't.

So, NAS, Fletch, and Book, When is the next secret meeting of the Machiavellian Bruins Illuminati Fan Society? I just got my hooded cloak dry cleaned.

Perfect Brother seo.  

Your first assignment is to give kitchener's cat fleas, and then I want to you to get the zipper on marco's winter coat hopelessly stuck in the fabric, halfway up.

Bahhhhaaahaaahaaa!

Never f*#!k with the Illuminati!  The Bruins are perfect!

• Sections
    Shortcuts