UNACCEPTABLE !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: UNACCEPTABLE !

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH a loss to the Stars  and Cam Neely will have to take major decisions"

No, Chicken Little...He won't.

So, NAS, Fletch, and Book, When is the next secret meeting of the Machiavellian Bruins Illuminati Fan Society? I just got my hooded cloak dry cleaned.

[/QUOTE]

and the slingblade sharpened! Whewwww!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH a loss to the Stars  and Cam Neely will have to take major decisions"

So, NAS, Fletch, and Book, When is the next secret meeting of the Machiavellian Bruins Illuminati Fan Society? I just got my hooded cloak dry cleaned.

[/QUOTE]

On the night when the moon is brightest and the clock strikes 3:14am, look to the eastern sky.  Your answer will be revealed.

Sincerely,

Not-A-Shot
    VP of Recruiting and Discipline
    Bruins Illuminati Fan Society

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On the night when the moon is brightest and the clock strikes 3:14am, look to the eastern sky.  Your answer will be revealed.

Sincerely,

Not-A-Shot

[/QUOTE]

You just know that somewhere Rusty is spitting Lamb's Naval Rum into his Lucky Charms and shouting "I KNEW IT!!!!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Drives me nuts that some of the posters on here mistake having reasonable expectations for a team, understanding that a season has both its good and its bad, and that there's no benefit to any fan to go batsheet crazy over a loss in the beginning of November, with "drinking the Kool-aid". People freaking out about this team already - try watching the Jets. Now that's painful.

I will say this though, and it hasn't been mentioned enough here - many of us talk about the Bruins being a playoff team, and I agree. But the playoffs are a different animal starting this year and the road will be more difficult - it's entirely possible, if not likely, that the 1st seed will play the 4th and the 2nd the fifth (Though with how the Pens are playing it will likely be 1st vs 6th and 2nd vs. 5th). My point is even if  the Bruins win their division they will have a harder path through the post season. The Bruins are in a very tough division, and it's already looking like five squads will come out of the Atlantic. It's not impossible that the Bruins could end up 4th in the conference, like last year, and end u[p playing in the Met with noi home ice advantage in at least the first three rounds - and that's with finishing 4th out of 16 teams.

The Bruins over the past four seasons have been the best Bruins team since I was a little kid, but unreasonable expectations for regular season games, and a Cup or nothing attitude, especially with the new playoff format, are simply unrealistc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:[QUOTE]

I get that it's venting, but it sounds ridiculous, and given that I like the current makeup of the roster - I like the kind of intelligent, multi-purpose player this team's identity is built on - I'm going to speak up against people who call out the quality of the players.  I find those comments show a fundamental lack of understanding of JW's main point - they play the way they play for a reason, and it's not a lack of commitment or professionalism or even, I would argue, emotional engagement.  They have system priorities that have proved effective with this group of players.  When the players are slumping as all players do, all you see is the system priorities and those look boring and passive.  When the players are playing with confidence, the Bruins dominate the puck for periods at a time.  Same system, same priorities.  Just better execution. [/QUOTE]

Anyone who crosses CJs approach, when one of his star players goes down, will get chastised on BDC and I don't care because it's worth talking about. It's not venting it's a willingness to criticize when you see something that is not right.

Just like in 2012 when Horton went down, the system goes out of whack because of one cog is gone. Don't worry though a sure cure will be in town the next few days the Stars and Panthers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, SanDog, and I don't think JW is considered a member of the Illuminati, so maybe it will get through to some?  (JW and I see eye to eye on a few things; still not entirely sure how the feud with Fletch and Dez got as bad as it is, but hey...that's the 'net.)

The only part I'd respond to is that bit at the end.  I don't know about others, but I won't get on someone for saying "they need to get two in on the forecheck because they're making it too easy" or "where was this level of emotion and aggression for the first two periods?!?!"  I will respond to and question the level of support for the team behind comments like: "what a bunch of puzzies! They have no pride...none.  Trade Krejci for Bobby Ryan already."  I get that it's venting, but it sounds ridiculous, and given that I like the current makeup of the roster - I like the kind of intelligent, multi-purpose player this team's identity is built on - I'm going to speak up against people who call out the quality of the players.  eI find those comments show a fundamental lack of understanding of JW's main point - s.they play the way they play for a reason, and it's not a lack of commitment or professionalism or even, I would argue, emotional engagemnt.  They have system priorities that have proved effective with this group of player  When the players are slumping as all players do, all you see is the system priorities and those look boring and passive.  When the players are playing with confidence, the Bruins dominate the puck for periods at a time.  Same system, same priorities.  Just better execution.

[/QUOTE]

Right on Book. nobody can ever convince me that Lucic, Chara and company are an unemotional and conservative bunch. The frustration for me comes from my opinion that when this team decides to impose their will - I truly don't believe anyone can beat them. It usually comes out when they have no other choice (see leafs), or someone pokes the bear. (see finger biting)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yeah, SanDog, and I don't think JW is considered a member of the Illuminati, so maybe it will get through to some?  (JW and I see eye to eye on a few things; still not entirely sure how the feud with Fletch and Dez got as bad as it is, but hey...that's the 'net.)

The only part I'd respond to is that bit at the end.  I don't know about others, but I won't get on someone for saying "they need to get two in on the forecheck because they're making it too easy" or "where was this level of emotion and aggression for the first two periods?!?!"  I will respond to and question the level of support for the team behind comments like: "what a bunch of puzzies! They have no pride...none.  Trade Krejci for Bobby Ryan already."  I get that it's venting, but it sounds ridiculous, and given that I like the current makeup of the roster - I like the kind of intelligent, multi-purpose player this team's identity is built on - I'm going to speak up against people who call out the quality of the players.  eI find those comments show a fundamental lack of understanding of JW's main point - s.they play the way they play for a reason, and it's not a lack of commitment or professionalism or even, I would argue, emotional engagemnt.  They have system priorities that have proved effective with this group of player  When the players are slumping as all players do, all you see is the system priorities and those look boring and passive.  When the players are playing with confidence, the Bruins dominate the puck for periods at a time.  Same system, same priorities.  Just better execution.

[/QUOTE]

Right on Book. nobody can ever convince me that Lucic, Chara and company are an unemotional and conservative bunch. The frustration for me comes from my opinion that when this team decides to impose their will - I truly don't believe anyone can beat them. It usually comes out when they have no other choice (see leafs), or someone pokes the bear. (see finger biting)

[/QUOTE]

I'm right on with this viewpoint, i mean the players all say the right things before a big game and then wait till the last second to pull it out way too many times for the skill on this team. I also agree that when this B's team decides to impose their will, they can beat anyone, last years series against the NYR's and the Pens as evidence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sincerely,

Not-A-Shot

[/QUOTE]

And can someone else bring the kool-aid next time? That stuff is getting expensive...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

My point is : When I bought my IPad and my IPhone from Apple I expected some great products with great service, and that is what I got....Being aBRUINS fan since Bobby Orr's debut when I watch my BRUINS playing I expect some good efforts from all the players, I expect a minimum standard of quality in their games ....the day the fans will expect anything less than that ,  is the day this team will start sinking...thats not what we want we need to keep putting pressure on the players, the coach , the GM and the owner in order for them to deliver a quality and competitive team years after years.....lack of efforts simply NOT ACCEPTABLE

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My point is : When I bought my IPad and my IPhone from Apple I expected some great products with great service, and that is what I got....Being aBRUINS fan since Bobby Orr's debut when I watch my BRUINS playing I expect some good efforts from all the players, I expect a minimum standard of quality in their games ....the day the fans will expect anything less than that ,  is the day this team will start sinking...thats not what we want we need to keep putting pressure on the players, the coach , the GM and the owner in order for them to deliver a quality and competitive team years after years.....lack of efforts simply NOT ACCEPTABLE

[/QUOTE]

The B's are 5th place in the Eastern conference today, not bad. Can the play better? Yes. Will they play better? Yes. I would say that the Bruins going by your standards Stan are playing at their MINIMUM standard of guality in their games as opposed to their MAXIMUM. Players are not robots and every player does not come to the rink every day with 7th game asperations on their mind. Thats what a season is all about, ups and downs, highs and lows. Thats what we as fans love about sports and hockey. If the B's went out and steamrolled every team to a championship that would be nice but very unrealistic. I'm sure Stanley there are days where you give only a "mimimum standard of quality" and thats ok because its human, and this from a person who professes to one day be the future G.M of the Bruins. When that happens then you can hold the players all accountable to your lofty standards.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stanley you're actually a good guy there's no malicious content in you.  AS far as pressure trust me bruins don't make the playoffs ( which they surely will)  or get eliminated first rd there will  be pressure. We are still riding the2011 cup wave moves n ow even as some bad ones as they may be are accepted cuz we  won cup .I know you practically give the cup to the Bruins every year and for the most part it's not that absurd but You may have to start getting off that expectation .Team has changed and changed significantly and the roster as some may believe is not better then last year. Team of the decade has gone to team of? 

[/QUOTE]

Marco, i have a question for you. Being as knowledgable a hockey fan as you seem to be and you seem to think the Bruins "team of the decade" has passed by, who in your opinion, is the team of the decade? Keep in mind the B's have made 2 Cup finals in the last 3 yrs. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Yes it is unacceptable, but there is every reason to believe that this very talented Bruins team will be in the playoffs. I don't agree with those who blow off the regular season for many reasons, primarily being that management intends to present a quality team to those who buy tickets. Might a player show more intensity in the playoffs ? Of course, but in that instance he is increasing his capabilities over that shortened time frame, and would be exhausted by December if he did the same during the regular season. That's why so many work on conditioning that will allow them to last for the entire time, and still have an added push towards the finish line. The sloppiness we have all witnesssed needs correction, and the correctors should be the team leadership starting with Claude and Chia. They should be awakened after the recent happenings.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Stanley you're actually a good guy there's no malicious content in you.  AS far as pressure trust me bruins don't make the playoffs ( which they surely will)  or get eliminated first rd there will  be pressure. We are still riding the2011 cup wave moves n ow even as some bad ones as they may be are accepted cuz we  won cup .I know you practically give the cup to the Bruins every year and for the most part it's not that absurd but You may have to start getting off that expectation .Team has changed and changed significantly and the roster as some may believe is not better then last year. Team of the decade has gone to team of? 

[/QUOTE]

Marco, i have a question for you. Being as knowledgable a hockey fan as you seem to be and you seem to think the Bruins "team of the decade" has passed by, who in your opinion, is the team of the decade? Keep in mind the B's have made 2 Cup finals in the last 3 yrs. 

[/QUOTE]

Losing seguin and horton huge. I kno seguin didn't score lsst year but no way do I see that continue. Last year we lost to an excellent team however howoften we Remember finalists.

[/QUOTE]

Not so much, we won't know until this years playoffs, will we?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I've been to Sabres v. Senators games live.  I use the word live very loosely.  Very.  But a live NHL game is still as good a way to spend that time and money as most entertainment options.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

See, the thing is, if you buy an iPad and it carps out after six weeks or it's not working the way it's supposed to and some Genius at the bar isn't able to figure out why, the way you put "pressure" on Apple to show them that this is not acceptable is to go buy a Dell or an HP or a Samsung or whatever.  You accept/don't accept with your wallet.  The equivalent for a Bruins fan living in Montreal would be to become a Shabs fan. Except you're not a season ticket holder.  You might go to a couple of games a year and pay through the nose for scalped tickets; you might get freebies through work.  Most of the time, you're watching for a comparably nominal fee on NHL Network or Centre Ice or whatever.  If you choose not to watch - they don't know and they don't much care.  If we all buy one less jersey, they still probably don't notice for years.  You have no way to put pressure on them.  That's why I was laughing about having a group tantrum on Chara's lawn or in the parking lot at Wilmington - that's about the level of influence you have on day to day levels of effort.  That, and buy a ticket (totally counterintuitive if you're trying to show how unacceptable their effort is) so that you can boo.

You know where you should be looking?  Jersey.  Jersey was a highly successful program based on rabid team defense, two way players and sufficient offense.  They won three Stanley Cups playing that way: All world goalie, Norris Calibre shut down defenseman, strength up the middle.  Cup, Cup, Cup.  And what did the fans in the Garden State do?  They got bored and stopped going to games.  The empty seats were a league wide joke about how awful Exit 16 and its environs must be if fans won't even go out to see a perennial cup contender.  Then Jersey started to loosen up.  They started to rely on smaller, fast, offensively skilled guys instead.  And with the exception of one anomalous Cup finals appearance, they've tanked it ever since.  Point being, you might find that voting with your wallet produces a different result than the one you want.

It's what NAS said in the end: either you tolerate it and continue to be a Bruins fan, or you walk because that's the closest thing you have to a way to exert pressure and show them that losing 3 of 4 is unacceptable.  Everything else is venting, but you need to choose your terms.  UNLIKEABLE! I buy.  UNACCEPTABLE sounds like you have power over this, which, until they offer you a job, you don't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

I've been to Sabres v. Senators games live.  I use the word live very loosely.  Very.  But a live NHL game is still as good a way to spend that time and money as most entertainment options.

[/QUOTE]

Why, things that bad Book?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why, things that bad Book?

[/QUOTE]

Sometimes even the Professor (of...Writing? English? Internet Message Board Prose?) needs to unwind the brain, give the red pen a rest, and watch some terrible hockey.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeantownBDH. Show BeantownBDH's posts

From what I see it's a total lack of focus on the passing game. If they had focus, they would be creating more chances. Focus on the tape to tape passing. If they can't pass how can they do anything else. It's not time to hit the panic button. I think they are playing well. They just lack focus in the puck handling department. They need to clean up that end of the game and then the rest will come.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I understand people type from Ipads and Iphones, which may effect grammar. But all of your posts are almost unreadable. The parts that are, just plain suck.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand people type from Ipads and Iphones, which may effect grammar. But all of your posts are almost unreadable. The parts that are, just plain suck.

[/QUOTE]

Take french prose loosely translated to english and this is what you get. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

UNACCEPTABLE to have Spooner with Providence while Shawn Thornton is playing 6 mins a game and his presence is not required...(tonight 1 hit)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]

UNACCEPTABLE to have Spooner with Providence while Shawn Thornton is playing 6 mins a game and his presence is not required...(tonight 1 hit)

[/QUOTE]

Do you know what a two-way contract is?

Sections
Shortcuts