Uniforms Re-Imagined

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklinFlyers14. Show FranklinFlyers14's posts

Uniforms Re-Imagined

I don't know if this has been posted before but I really like these uniforms from the re-imagined series for the Bruins.

http://daysofyorr.com/2011-articles/august/re-imagining-the-nhl-boston-bruins.html

Thoughts...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Uniforms Re-Imagined

Absolutely hate, hate, hate them.  Alternate isnt awful, but I like the black alternate better.

Hello?  I know it makes people think they appreciate Bruins' history when they brag that they know the B's used to wear brown.  However, the fact that it shares its color with excrement does not impress me.

The Bruins were THE team in sports wearing black forever (OK, maybe the Raiders) until the "black craze" came along and every other team and their mothers copied the black.  Why?  IT LOOKS GREAT!!

Replacing black with brown is even more stupid than the Pooh jerseys, and that's tough to say.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

This isnt 1920 and those look HORIBLE!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

They all still look black & yellow on my crappy computer.
    I still say, no thanks, because they took away the front laces.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklinFlyers14. Show FranklinFlyers14's posts

In Response to Re: Uniforms Re-Imagined:
    [QUOTE]   They all still look black & yellow on my crappy computer. I still say, no thanks, because they took away the front laces.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

That was the thing that I wanted back, the comments from Days of Yorr said the same thing, the front laces look very sharp.

I still think they are cool, I would at least like to see the alternate jersey with maybe the B on the front.  I do sort of like the alt jersey now but they already have black.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sabot13. Show sabot13's posts

I like the laces too - but any jersey without the spoked B on the front looks wrong.

Bruins are lucky to have one of the best color schemes and logo in hockey.  It's classic.  Don't change it just to change it... or you might end up with a Gorton's Fisherman!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

The Original Six teams were fortunate, in that they had their pick of uniform colours and styles.  So, those six unis are now considered "classic", and because of their long-standing and dedicaed fan bases, generate howls of outrage when any attempt is made to change them. 

However, there are some fans (justifiably so), who equate "classic" with "boring".  There's very little "pizzazz" to the Leafs, Habs, Bruins etc. jerseys, and many fans are perfectly happy with that.  I think one of the facts of life for the Original Six teams is that there is no license whatsoever to make any substantive changes to the team's look, without alienating a very large portion of the fanbase. In essence, the team's design has almost become part of the public domain, rather than being a "licensed trademark" of the team.  The fans consider it something THEY own, and want to be consulted if any changes are proposed.

But, there's nothing wrong with at least re-visiting the whole logo/uniform design issue every now and then, if for no other reason to generate some buzz about alternate jerseys and perhaps cause some heated controversy with a hideous pooh-bear design. 

I find it interesting that none of the Original Six logos include any reference to hockey (a stick, a puck, a skate, etc.);  I don't know if that was done on purpose, or it was simply never thought of an important design element at the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I also like the laces.
    I like the yellow socks with the white, the yellow socks with the black primary stripe remind me of those old ugly days when Sinden put the yellow stripe down the sleeve.

Bring a stripe back to the pants.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

These all look great from a simple design standpoint, but that only goes so far. I prefer to stick with the classic black, so they don't do it for me.

However, I LOVE the look of those 3rd jerseys...if the spoked B were on the front. The current all-black 3rds are fine, but nothing beats a gold jersey and the striping shown here screams Boston. Great alternates...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]The Original Six teams were fortunate, in that they had their pick of uniform colours and styles.  So, those six unis are now considered "classic", and because of their long-standing and dedicaed fan bases, generate howls of outrage when any attempt is made to change them.  However, there are some fans (justifiably so), who equate "classic" with "boring".  There's very little "pizzazz" to the Leafs, Habs, Bruins etc. jerseys, and many fans are perfectly happy with that.  I think one of the facts of life for the Original Six teams is that there is no license whatsoever to make any substantive changes to the team's look, without alienating a very large portion of the fanbase. In essence, the team's design has almost become part of the public domain, rather than being a "licensed trademark" of the team.  The fans consider it something THEY own, and want to be consulted if any changes are proposed. But, there's nothing wrong with at least re-visiting the whole logo/uniform design issue every now and then, if for no other reason to generate some buzz about alternate jerseys and perhaps cause some heated controversy with a hideous pooh-bear design.  I find it interesting that none of the Original Six logos include any reference to hockey (a stick, a puck, a skate, etc.);  I don't know if that was done on purpose, or it was simply never thought of an important design element at the time.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Would that last observation have anything to do with being a fan of a team who has the most obvious use of a hockey stick in their logo? I'd also expect a fan of a team that had the flying V and the electric skate and using green, sea blue, dark blue, red, orange, black, and yellow in their jerseys since 1970 to think classic uniforms are boring and have no pizzazz.

Personally, I loved the crazy Flying V, but that silly "Killer whale turning into a C combined with writing your city name on your home jersey looking like you dont know where you are" jerseys of today are ridiculous.

Vancouver's simple 1970 throwback jerseys right now are beautiful. Great design with a striking blue.   I wish theyd stick to them instead of trying too hard to constantly make changes for the sake of making changes.

I just have trouble with teams changing team colors.... usually its an excuse to switch to black  (unlike the subject of this thread, turning AWAY from black.)

And I so dispise LA's gang grafitti jerseys.  Loved the Gerry Desjardins yellow.

I guess I just like classic looks.  I think the red Blackhawks' jersey is the most beautiful uniform in sports.  The black alternate looks like a stupid T shirt.  So does the Flyers black.  The Flyer orange is perfect.

I could see the Rangers going for some pizzazz, theirs is pretty dull. Cant touch the Habs or Wings in my opinion.  Toronto adding the stripe down the sleeve in the 70's made that look "theirs" in my opinion.

I still think the most creative logo in hockey is Minnesota's...  that "landscape" scene that turns into a cat from another angle is brilliant. Bad colors, though. The Sharks are nice, too.  Lightning have great pizzaz but a pretty weak logo.

I could go for that yellow aternate jersey as suggested, especially with the white numbers. The yellow reminds me of Orr's rookie year. The alternate jerseys are the teams' opportunity for pizzaz and increased sales without stupiding-up their regular uniforms.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Pizzazz?!?!?!?!  LMAO!  Sorry, this isnt an expansion team or Arena Football team.  We dont need "pizzazz" in our jerseys, thank you.  You Canucks, Sharks, Lightning, Penguins & Capitals fans can change jerseys every couple years, NOT the Bruins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

"But, there's nothing wrong with at least re-visiting the whole logo/uniform design issue every now and then..."

I had to laugh at this from Canuckland.  If you love or hate their unis - no worries, wait a year or two and they'll be entirely different.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=capress-hkn_kings_uniform_changes-7922472

Speaking of uniform changes...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

My intention in my original post on this thread was not to discuss the Canucks' colour/logo changes over the years, but it seems that whenever I attempt to make a general subject comment, replies always seem to include references to the Canucks.

As I've noted in previous posts on different threads, I've been frustrated with the numerous changes in the Canucks logo and colours.  I wish they would stick with the 'modified stick in rink' as their main logo, keep the current colours, and use the "Orca C" on the shoulders.  That should be their look for the indefinite future.

To me, the best uniforms in the league right now are the Blues dark blue home, with the circular logo (winged blue note with arch in the background, surrounded by the team name). Great combination of colour, tradition and updating.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]My intention in my original post on this thread was not to discuss the Canucks' colour/logo changes over the years, but it seems that whenever I attempt to make a general subject comment, replies always seem to include references to the Canucks. As I've noted in previous posts on different threads, I've been frustrated with the numerous changes in the Canucks logo and colours.  I wish they would stick with the 'modified stick in rink' as their main logo, keep the current colours, and use the "Orca C" on the shoulders.  That should be their look for the indefinite future. To me, the best uniforms in the league right now are the Blues dark blue home, with the circular logo (winged blue note with arch in the background, surrounded by the team name). Great combination of colour, tradition and updating.

They are nice but I still think nothing touches the Hawks red jerseys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uniforms Re-Imagined : They are nice but I still think nothing touches the Hawks red jerseys.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're pretty cool, but for some reason, they bring out a lot of negative emotions for me....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]The Original Six teams were fortunate, in that they had their pick of uniform colours and styles.  So, those six unis are now considered "classic", and because of their long-standing and dedicaed fan bases, generate howls of outrage when any attempt is made to change them.  However, there are some fans (justifiably so), who equate "classic" with "boring".  There's very little "pizzazz" to the Leafs, Habs, Bruins etc. jerseys, and many fans are perfectly happy with that.  I think one of the facts of life for the Original Six teams is that there is no license whatsoever to make any substantive changes to the team's look, without alienating a very large portion of the fanbase. In essence, the team's design has almost become part of the public domain, rather than being a "licensed trademark" of the team.  The fans consider it something THEY own, and want to be consulted if any changes are proposed. But, there's nothing wrong with at least re-visiting the whole logo/uniform design issue every now and then, if for no other reason to generate some buzz about alternate jerseys and perhaps cause some heated controversy with a hideous pooh-bear design.  I find it interesting that none of the Original Six logos include any reference to hockey (a stick, a puck, a skate, etc.);  I don't know if that was done on purpose, or it was simply never thought of an important design element at the time.

Bs fans are still peeved at the Pens getting their colors vis a vis success of the Pittsburgh Steelers. So I imagine any team can adopt a new set of colors as a precedent.  Anywho colors and uniforms, nah, I will watch hockey no matter what color.  

As for the Blackhawk jerseys, the logo orginally was generated from a World War I machine gun battalion of founder Fredric McLaughlin. It is usually considered to be the best looking jersey in sports.  Let us not debate the native american depiction or the social ramifications of ethnic stereotyping.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uniforms Re-Imagined : Bs fans are still peeved at the Pens getting their colors vis a vis success of the Pittsburgh Steelers. So I imagine any team can adopt a new set of colors as a precedent.  Anywho colors and uniforms, nah, I will watch hockey no matter what color.   As for the Blackhawk jerseys, the logo orginally was generated from a World War I machine gun battalion of founder Fredric McLaughlin. It is usually considered to be the best looking jersey in sports.  Let us not debate the native american depiction or the social ramifications of ethnic stereotyping.....
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I love this type of info isla. Great stuff !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

As a full-blooded American Indian (Mohawk & Maliseet with a little Penobscot) I have no issue with the Blackhawks logo.  I think its awesome and in no way is disrespectful to the Natives of this country.  I DO have a HUGE problem with the name "Redskins" and the Cleveland Indians logo, but I wont elaborate because it will turn into a huge, racist & political rant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Agreed, the red Blackhawks jersey is simply the best looking in sports.

I think I need to order a red Tony Esposito jersey, just 'cause.