Unintended benefits of the lockout

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Unintended benefits of the lockout

1) Horton has more time to recover fully

2) Tim Thomas can rest at home

3) Khodobin gets some playing time in Russia

That's all I have for the benefits. The negatives are just too numerous to count. Losing prime years from Bergeron, Chara, and the rest of the club is definitely not worth it.

As a side note, the Bruins are offering 2 plans to season ticket holders (STHs). In 1 option, the STHs can receive a refundable credit for the games missed (1% APR) while the other offers a freeze of 2012/13 ticket prices (same in 13/14 as 12/13) as long as you use the credit from the missed games for the next season (3% APR).

I think the lockout is prolonged and 2013/14 ticket prices are lower than 2012/13.

Fehr and the NHL taking the week off from negotiating is complete garbage, get to work boys.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Re: Unintended benefits of the lockout

Based on some of the comments made by some on this board, I would say that Dougie Hamilton probably could use more time in the OHL. Perhaps 1 full year in the OHL is too much. Half a season or so maybe what he needs. Thus a lockout could work in his favour.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I think a mediator needs to be appointed.  It seems clear that big egos (on both sides) are standing in the way of an agreement.  Someone from the outside needs to come in, filter out the testosterone, and find the areas of compromise to get this deal done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Isn't resting at home why Tim Thomas quit his job and threw the Bruins in a hole in the first place?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Unintended benefits of the lockout"

I talk to my wife more...oh wait, that's not a benefit.

Less drinking and cursing...again, not a benefit.

No Pierre McGuire...Finally a benefit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Tim Thomas resting at home benefits nobody associated with the Bruins.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

And from what I hear, Horton has recovered. Would rather seem him out there on the ice. If this thing goes all year we will probably never see Horton in a B's sweater again.

I don't think there's anything positive at all about a lockout.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And from what I hear, Horton has recovered. Would rather seem him out there on the ice. If this thing goes all year we will probably never see Horton in a B's sweater again.

I don't think there's anything positive at all about a lockout.

[/QUOTE]

If your a KHL fan or a fan of any of these overseas teams, your entertainment value just jumped a bit.