Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket

In Response to Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket : Whatever a team may choose, Bieksa will say the Nucks are too good for that.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez - In total agreement with you on Bieksa.  I'm sure there were times during last year's final when you wondered what world he lived in with regards to his version of the on-ice happenings.  I'd like to nominate this for Vancouver's 2012 plalyoff unity symbol.  Fitting?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Lol!!! You guys are killing me!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket : dez - In total agreement with you on Bieksa.  I'm sure there were times during last year's final when you wondered what world he lived in with regards to his version of the on-ice happenings.  I'd like to nominate this for Vancouver's 2012 plalyoff unity symbol.  Fitting?  
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    RHO, I love it. We should give that out here to the Bruin we think underperforms each playoff game. We can call it "the Nuck of the game Award".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket : RHO, I love it. We should give that out hereto the Bruin we think underperforms each playoff game. We can call it "the Nuck of the game Award".
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I'm with that, buddy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Let's do it. Starting tomorrow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Works for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Let's do it. Starting tomorrow.
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

jm - We could replace the Orca on Vancouver jerseys with something more appropriate. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Heh....I will leave it in your capable hands what symbol to use for our new and most prestigious award. The "Nuck of the Game Award."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Heh....I will leave it in your capable hands what symbol to use for our new and most prestigious award. The "Nuck of the Game Award."

The bonnet it is, jm. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket : The bonnet it is, jm. 

Works for me. I am actually looking forward to it now. No doubt it is going to pi** some people off....oh well.

Should be a majority vote. Or a plurality perhaps.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket : Works for me. I am actually looking forward to it now. No doubt it is going to pi** some people off....oh well. Should be a majority vote. Or a plurality perhaps.
    Sounds like a plan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Like I said, I favor the jacket for its originality, though I just heard the chain has 20 links, 1 for each player with the lock the symbol for the 20 guys all locked in for the same cause. So, thats kinda neat.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said, I favor the jacket for its originality, though I just heard the chain has 20 links, 1 for each player with the lock the symbol for the 20 guys all locked in for the same cause. So, thats kinda neat.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Plus he had the B's logo engraved on the lock.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said, I favor the jacket for its originality, though I just heard the chain has 20 links, 1 for each player with the lock the symbol for the 20 guys all locked in for the same cause. So, thats kinda neat.

Don't you feel it's cheesy?

It reads like a letter from a girl to a boy. 

"Please keep this locket close to your heart.  Inside you'll find a picture of me.  There are 20 links to the chain, one for each day we'll be apart."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket : Don't you feel it's cheesy? It reads like a letter from a girl to a boy.  "Please keep this locket close to your heart.  Inside you'll find a picture of me.  There are 20 links to the chain, one for each day we'll be apart."
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I don't know any of the specifics about the chain. I just know I thought Kelly looked hilarious.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket : That's true.  Perhaps this might serve as Buffalo's team unity symbol.  It's rough 'n ready.  Just like the Sabres.  (I kid.)

LOL... I see you guys had fun yesterday. BTW RHO I think that chicken wing would be great for the Red Sox.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket : Don't you feel it's cheesy? It reads like a letter from a girl to a boy.  "Please keep this locket close to your heart.  Inside you'll find a picture of me.  There are 20 links to the chain, one for each day we'll be apart."

Yes, but that was the whole basis of the jacket. it was a god awful jacket that Ference thought was so cheesy he had to buy it. I would have liked a new idea, but, it worked for them last year, other teams copying it is more cheesy.

Just a win a cup.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This really sounds to me like someone who's been there and done that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket : This really sounds to me like someone who's been there and done that.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Thats right, but maybe due to the fact they did it last year, they dont want to change it too much. I guess i'm alright with them doing it, especially after hearing about the 20 links, each for a player, but other teams copying it is even more cheesy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket : Thats right, but maybe due to the fact they did it last year, they dont want to change it too much. I guess i'm alright with them doing it, especially after hearing about the 20 links, each for a player, but other teams copying it is even more cheesy.

I meant NAS being there and doing that and giving away stuff like that to his girlfriend.  Kidding, he probably really gave her his copy of Strunk and White with his favorite passages highlighted.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unity Symbol - ugly chain replaces ugly jacket : I meant NAS being there and doing that and giving away stuff like that to his girlfriend.  Kidding, he probably really gave her his copy of Strunk and White with his favorite passages highlighted.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

oops, my bad. Lol though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Please keep this locket close to your heart.  Inside you'll find a picture of me.  There are 20 links to the chain, one for each day we'll be apart."

Sounds like a line from a Romance novel.
    You a writer or a reader?

I kid

I like the idea. Would be "cheesy" if there was another "jacket". Sounds like some thought went behind this. If the players like it, so be it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

The jacket and chain stuff isn't really for our benefit, it's a team thing and if it works for them I'm fine with it. I don't care if they behead a chicken in the locker room and dance the hokey pokey around it if it builds team unity.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]The jacket and chain stuff isn't really for our benefit, it's a team thing and if it works for them I'm fine with it. I don't care if they behead a chicken in the locker room and dance the hokey pokey around it if it builds team unity.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

And leads to another Cup.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]The jacket and chain stuff isn't really for our benefit, it's a team thing and if it works for them I'm fine with it. I don't care if they behead a chicken in the locker room and dance the hokey pokey around it if it builds team unity.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Hey, if a little witchcraft (and the partaking of the ritual drinking of chicken blood) helps, then I am all for it.

Sections
Shortcuts