Unrelated, but Funny...Philly fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Unrelated, but Funny...Philly fans

Since it's technically still summer, I think some non-hockey content is still acceptable here.

We've talked about Bruin rivalries a lot and our most hated teams.  Philly always makes the short list for me.  This article is about Eagles fans, but it covers why there is so much to hate about Philly sports in general.  Especially for our Canadian friends here, this will provide a good picture of the Philly sports fanbase and just how loutish they are.  I lived in eastern PA for four years and have never experienced anything quite like wearing Bruins gear to a hockey game in the old Spectrum.  Had I not been with a group of Flyer fans I have no doubt I would have been jumped and I was wearing a few beers by the time I left.  I watched another Bruins fan get jumped by two guys out of the blue in the next section.  The building was chuck full of thugs and losers -- Philly style.

Anyhow, if you have 5 minutes, I found this hilarious (especially the email comments after the article:

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2013-philadelphia-eagles-1250826152

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Unrelated, but Funny...Philly fans

As long as I live I will never forget the NFL films show about Santa Claus being pelted with snowballs for being late. At the time of the incident, the volunteer was 19. Then there was the bad downside, a Chargers assistant coach being knocked out by an ice ball. 

"Thugs" is putting it lightly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I know that Michael Irvin isn't exactly revered by fans, by celebration of him being carted off on a stretcher with a serious neck injury was another proud Philly moment:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/1999/10/11/philly_fans_ap/

Or, of course, Flyers fans gang beating of a military veteran for wearing a Rangers jersey:

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2012/01/05/flyers-fans-beat-up-iraq-war-vet-a-purple-heart-winner-for-wearing-rangers-jersey-video/

Philly teams can never lose enough.  Watching goalie after goalie fail, and spoil the lofty hopes of the Flyer fanbase every season, has been an enduring source of joy for me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The e-mails were hilarious. I've said it before, the worst fans in all of sports. I don't judge a group of people by the actions of a few, we have our share of knuckleheads here, but when it comes to Philly fans, you can set your watch by them. That train is never late, and I hate their teams because of it.

One of my favirote moments watching sports was when Rodney Harrison intercepted that pass that clinched the Super Bowl and did the eagle wing flap with his arms. I generally don't care for taunting, but I made an exception that moment.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

wow, just read all those e-mails - I've heard tale of how brutal they are but... wow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

That's Philly for you, king of the classless fans. My best friend is a Flyers fan and I have been to several Flyer games with him wearing my Bruins gear. Just like Fletch, as ridiculous as this sounds I truly believe my life may have been in danger walking in the streets of Philly if I wasn't with my friend who was wearing his Flyer jersey. That being said Philly is a great sports town. I love the set up they have with the homes of the Flyers, Eagles and Philies all in the same area and very close proximity to each other. Also the one thing Philly is truly the best at is the cheesesteak. You won't find a better one anywhere.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Man, these are some vicious emails.  Read them and it makes you think those old jokes about Philly fans booing safe landings at the airport are true!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

These post should go under RedSox section....this is a hockey section dedicated to the BRUINS. Who cares about Phillies fans ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

These post should go under RedSox section....this is a hockey section dedicated to the BRUINS. Who cares about Phillies fans ....

...that's just perfect...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I think next year with a healthy Ryan Howard and Chase Utley they could....nevermind

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I think next year with a healthy Ryan Howard and Chase Utley they could....nevermind

Wrong site kelvana ....we dont give a s... About the Phillies

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Stanley, I'm going to shed some light on this post's topic for you. It has NOTHING to do with baseball. Philly is a nickname for PHILADELPHIA. That means this post is about fans of Philadelphia sports teams, not the Phillies.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Since it's technically still summer, I think some non-hockey content is still acceptable here.

We've talked about Bruin rivalries a lot and our most hated teams.  Philly always makes the short list for me.  This article is about Eagles fans, but it covers why there is so much to hate about Philly sports in general.  Especially for our Canadian friends here, this will provide a good picture of the Philly sports fanbase and just how loutish they are.  I lived in eastern PA for four years and have never experienced anything quite like wearing Bruins gear to a hockey game in the old Spectrum.  Had I not been with a group of Flyer fans I have no doubt I would have been jumped and I was wearing a few beers by the time I left.  I watched another Bruins fan get jumped by two guys out of the blue in the next section.  The building was chuck full of thugs and losers -- Philly style.

Anyhow, if you have 5 minutes, I found this hilarious (especially the email comments after the article:

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2013-philadelphia-eagles-1250826152

That was good, I lol'd at Vick needing a playbook to reheat soup

Sections
Shortcuts