unsung heros

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

unsung heros

Chris kelly, dennis seidenberg, gregory campbell, andrew ference. These four guys are so solid and consistent and dont get the recognition that others do. Kelly reminds me a lot of a lefthanded Bergeron hes good in both zones and always seems to make the right decision.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Re: unsung heros

Looks to me Dan Paille and dare I say Benoit Pouliot are creeping closer to the top.

Good game by all w/o TT and Z

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

i thought Kelly was everywhere last nite especially strong game from him, the players all play their roles very well

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'd put McQuaid into the mix too.

In Response to unsung heros:
    Chris kelly, dennis seidenberg, gregory campbell, andrew ference. These four guys are so solid and consistent and dont get the recognition that others do. Kelly reminds me a lot of a lefthanded Bergeron hes good in both zones and always seems to make the right decision.
    Posted by fourrings

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

peverley should top any list of unsung heroes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

Seidenberg is rock solid.  He is not unsung in my house.  I'm always walking around singning tunes about his awesomeness.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

As anti clown as I am, I think Thornton has been doing a good job within the confines of his role.

...all above mentioned are contributing mightily but I wouldn't call Seidenberg or Ference unsung though, they were clearly DMan 2 and 3 coming in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's a certain category of players who are in a particular sort of limbo as professional athletes.  They're the guys who you can't win without and who you can't win with if you overpay them or inflate their roles and responsibilities.  Seidenberg gets a miniscule $3.25M as a second D.  Chicago is paying Hjalmarsson more than that as their 3rd best D, and they're on the hook to Montador for $2.75M. But if you use those comparables and suggest that Dennis should be paid more like Brent Seabrook with fewer point/year - say $4.5M, there would be less cap room available for things like the increasingly useful Pouliot experiment.  Last year, there wouldn't have been enough money to acquire Kelly.

Kelly's another great example. The Senators paid him after his best offensive season, and he's never delivered at that level since.  If he was making $1.5M, I doubt the Senators trade him last year.  He's been scoring this year, but I would cringe if the Bruins gave him Peverley money or worse.

It comes down to depth - to have high quality depth, you can't overpay for it.  Once you do, your depth has to be part of the core, and suddenly you have a big expensive core and no room for depth.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

I totally agree, Bookboy.  I'm glad someone much smarter than me (PC), is putting together the complex formula that is the Boston Bruins depth chart.  I've never agreed with paying 15% of a teams salary to any single player - even if their last name is Ovechkin.  It leaves too little room for true team depth.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Re: unsung heros:
    Posted by adkbeesfan

nah, he was brought here to put up points and he is playing like he always has

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

As anti clown as I am, I think Thornton has been doing a good job within the confines of his role. ...all above mentioned are contributing mightily but I wouldn't call Seidenberg or Ference unsung though, they were clearly DMan 2 and 3 coming in.
    Posted by seobrien

i mean they dont get much recognition around the league, Bruin fans know they are good

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

Posted by adkbeesfan

Have you seen his play lately?  Has to be one the best most consistent Bruins this yr.  His skating is quick, he goes to the net, he is on the pk, the pp.  He can be used in all parts of the game.  I know Wheeler and Stuart are "good" hockey players but Wheeler can't even dry off Pev's jock.  This guy is a stud and then PC gets him for 3 more yrs at $3.25m.  PC you are a genius. 

Sections
Shortcuts