Untradeable and Untouchable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Untradeable and Untouchable

In Response to Re: Untradeable and Untouchable:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Untradeable and Untouchable : Bergeron is the face of this franchise!  And where do you address your comment about Marchand being untouchable to my initial comment about what you are smoking??? clearly you realise your a fool for it
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

The reason I replied to the OP was he called me flat out stupid, at least your comment was sort of funny in a way and not directly attacking me. No reason for you take the same route as him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'd say there are really only two "untouchable" chips, but they move.  So right now, I'd say Bergeron and Thomas are untouchable because PB is not only the face of the team - the captain in public perception if not by appointment - but also its most consistent offensive performer.  You couldn't deal TT right now and replace him with pieces that would fill the hole he'd leave in the lineup.  Rask has been good but good is a huge drop from the way Thomas has played.  Make that deal and you're sending the message that the team isn't good enough - exactly the opposite of dealing the Toronto pick.

Hard to deal Lucic or Rask, but they're not untouchable.  Rask would have to involve another young goaltender coming back (or you'd have to acquire one in another deal) and to deal either, you'd have to have a really good reason, but in both cases you can argue that you'd make the team better by making a deal.  (Bergeron for Crosby or Stamkos would make the team better, true, but Bergeron's value to the team goes beyond talent.)  Same with Chara, I guess.

If something happened to Bergeron or Thomas, I think the chips fall to Lucic and Rask.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Thornton, Recchi, Ryder and Wheeler are untouchable!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

You guys are crazy if you think Sequin is "untouchable".  The Brass is starting to second guess their pick. There are a half dozen other guys out there that were drafted behind Tyler that are contributin.

Chara, Rask, Bergy and Lucic.  Plus Seidenberg because of his NTC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

they WILL NOT give up on a 19 year old kid that they drafted 2nd in the draft.  they took him for a reason.  they didn't trade that pick at the deadline last year for a reason.  he is going no where anytime soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are crazy if you think Sequin is "untouchable".  The Brass is starting to second guess their pick. There are a half dozen other guys out there that were drafted behind Tyler that are contributin. Chara, Rask, Bergy and Lucic.  Plus Seidenberg because of his NTC.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

That is offically the dumbest comment I've ever heard. They in no way, shape, or form are second guessing the Seguin pick. They would pick him 2nd overall again tomorrow over Skinner or Fowler. Samsonov was better than Joe year 1 and 2 as well remember? Absolutely idiotic to think or suggest otherwise!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Untradeable and Untouchable : malkin is nowhere near untouchable
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Right now you are correct, because of his injury.  if you move that guy Sidney will cry..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are crazy if you think Sequin is "untouchable".  The Brass is starting to second guess their pick. There are a half dozen other guys out there that were drafted behind Tyler that are contributin. Chara, Rask, Bergy and Lucic.  Plus Seidenberg because of his NTC.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]
    Please name the half dozen players drafted after him that are making an impact.Not only is management not 2nd guessing anything buy PC would've been immediately fired if he drafted anyone but Seguin.But I guess we're all crazy to think Seguin wouldn't be traded.........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Right now Bookboy has got it pegged. I feel if PC feels he has what the B's need to get it done no one is untouchable. This team has been looking for the answer and it may be soon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Far from "untouchable", but I really hope PC hangs on to Sauve.  He is my favorite of their current prospects.  His strengths and best attributes are also something the Bruins are lacking on their NHL roster.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

When you give it thought, albeit unrealistic, no player in the NHL is untouchable.

I know it would never happpen, but what if you are Ray Shero and Steve Yzerman comes calling and proposes Stamkos, St. Louis, Hedman, Brett Connelly and a first round pick for Crosby. If your Shero, yea crosby is a franchise player, but you can't turn that down.

I know this deal is hypothetical and will never happen. But IMO any player can be traded for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Bourque was traded ! Big Joe was traded ! Esposito was  traded !

THERE ARE NO UNTOUCHABLES WHEN IT COMES TO THE BRUINS !!!!!

If a team offers a better player for our best player...we'll trade !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SlipSlidinLyden. Show SlipSlidinLyden's posts

One of the dumbest questions ever asked since they are all pretty much "untouchable" for different reasons. However, the truth is that if Tampa Bay called and offered Steve Stamkos straight up for any of them, Boston would trade that player without hesitation.

None of those 5 players names will even come up in possible trades. The question is beyond asinine!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Untouchable means untouchable (can't be traded), so there can't be more or less of it, or verying degrees.  By the strict definition nobody on this team is untouchable (which guy wouldn't be traded for Sidney Crosby?).

That said, there are 7-8 guys on this team that would just be stupid to trade given reasonable offers.  The Bruins aren't trading Rask, Thomas, Bergeron, Chara, Seguin, etc. unless they get an unrealistically lopsided deal, which won't happen. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There is a scenario under which you think of trading Seguin, but it would be bizarre.  You'd have to be trading for someone with a ceiling similar to, but maybe slightly lower, than Seguin's but who is already a couple of years closer to reaching his potential.  Someone picked 3-4 in a comparable year, or someone picked 2 or even 1 in a weaker year, or a guy who's 22 or so and playing like a top five overall pick.  With the right set of variables, maybe you're talking about Jonathan Toews (no Cup, no Conn, no MVP of the Olympics, just a guy with a rep for clutch scoring who's been averaging 64 points so far).

I'm just using Toews as an example here, but say Chicago hadn't won the Cup - a result that made the cap cuts more bearable for their fan base. Maybe they look at getting a guy who may be a better long-term fit for their program, and preserve assets like Byfuglien, by dealing for a guy like Seguin.  The Bruins get a guy who never takes a shift off who might yet find that extra gear to become a ppg player.

It wouldn't be an off the rack trade, but under the right moon it would benefit both teams - one gets years of EL and possibly a higher talent threshold, the other gets a guy who is better suited to helping them win now.

Ironically, on paper, Kessel looks like the kind of player I'm talking about to some degree - but I'd never do that.

Sections
Shortcuts