Up goes the water bottle Johnny makes...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Up goes the water bottle Johnny makes...

Dynamite n goes BOOM! First he drops Vanek then the laser beem ahh Yah!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Re: Up goes the water bottle Johnny makes...

In response to "Up goes the water bottle Johnny makes...": [QUOTE]Dynamite n goes BOOM! First he drops Vanek then the laser beem ahh Yah! Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE] That was a thing of beauty!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

One hell of a blast that couldn't have come at a better time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Nice shot. To bad he does not hit the net with enough regularity to do that consistently.

Still, he is worth his paycheck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Up goes the water bottle Johnny makes...:
    [QUOTE]Nice shot. To bad he does not hit the net with enough regularity to do that consistently. Still, he is worth his paycheck.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

jay - Always good to get some offense from the defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Very true RHO.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Definitely no cobwebs in the old attic for Johnny B!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It was a great shot, but also his first in 40 games.  Boychuk was supposed to have this incredible shot.  So incredible, Jack give it a nickname.  While tonight's blast was awesome, it happens from him so few and far between that it's almost sad.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]It was a great shot, but also his first in 40 games.  Boychuk was supposed to have this incredible shot.  So incredible, Jack give it a nickname.  While tonight's blast was awesome, it happens from him so few and far between that it's almost sad.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yep. That's why he gets $3.4 million a year and not $5million.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It was an awesome shot.  Boychuk has been playing well and was not brought here to score goals.  He's worth his money, and plays like that are a bonus.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]It was an awesome shot.  Boychuk has been playing well and was not brought here to score goals.  He's worth his money, and plays like that are a bonus.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Interesting you mention that Fletch because in his last AHL season he scored 20 and was named league top d-man.

I think the B's were not entirely sure what he would turn into but, I am sure, they are still happy with the end product.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Great shot and a solid overall gm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Those who complain about Boychuk make me feel like a head shaking bobble head doll. Solid defenceman !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Up goes the water bottle Johnny makes... : Interesting you mention that Fletch because in his last AHL season he scored 20 and was named league top d-man. I think the B's were not entirely sure what he would turn into but, I am sure, they are still happy with the end product.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Yep good post. AHL totals don't always translate to totals they'll get in the NHL. He has morphed his way into a solid shutdown defenceman since those days. Any kind of goal production is a bonus, not a necessity from his game.

Edit : Last night's goal put him 2nd on the team in goals scored by a D this year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

In comparison to Corvo, Boychuck has become a reasonably solid defenseman. However, his coach should be telling him that he can make passes other than back and forth to Chara; that firing the puck down the boards is not a pass, and often gives the puck to the opponents or gives them a faceoff in the Bruins end; that he can make solid checks without taking himself out of the play, as he did on Vanek; all of these " reminders" are what coaches are supposed to do, because Johnny should improve his instinctive actions regularly. Maybe Houda doesn't understand his role? and Rammer was scoffed up right after the Jets dropped him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

That shot last night was a cannon blast. What a rocket! Enroth should be happy that it went in the net and didn't hit him instead. That shot could've killed Enroth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If the "player of the game " thread was still around Boychuck would have been the choice of many the past few games.
    Shot,  true he misses the net a lot but I'de rather see the puck kept into the zone rather than a player blocking the shot and the puck going the other way. 
    I think Boychuck misses a lot on purpose (as does McQuaid I've noticed) because the lanes to the net are being closed by the other teams rushing the points.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

The hit on VANEK was just as bad *ss as the goal

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Those who complain about Boychuk make me feel like a head shaking bobble head doll. Solid defenceman !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Strong defenseman, rocket of a shot, rock solid hitter, drops 'em when he needs to ... his pinches down low scare the daylights out of me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Up goes the water bottle Johnny makes... : Yep good post. AHL totals don't always translate to totals they'll get in the NHL. He has morphed his way into a solid shutdown defenceman since those days. Any kind of goal production is a bonus, not a necessity from his game. Edit : Last night's goal put him 2nd on the team in goals scored by a D this year.

I never expect points from him, so anything is a bonus, but a solid shutdown defenseman doesn't wear #55 for the Boston Bruins, he wears #44.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Up goes the water bottle Johnny makes... : I never expect points from him, so anything is a bonus, but a solid shutdown defenseman doesn't wear #55 for the Boston Bruins, he wears #44.

No arguments on #44. #55 ? I'll trust what I see. Thanks anyways.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Up goes the water bottle Johnny makes... : No arguments on #44. #55 ? I'll trust what I see. Thanks anyways.

Oh, by all means, do.  I'm not telling you how to think or feel.  I'm just saying that in almost any hockey discussion invovling people who know a decent amount about the game, Johnny Boychuk is as much a solid, stay at home defenseman as Daniel Paille is an offensive force or Tyler Seguin is an enforcer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Up goes the water bottle Johnny makes... : Oh, by all means, do.  I'm not telling you how to think or feel.  I'm just saying that in almost any hockey discussion invovling people who know a decent amount about the game, Johnny Boychuk is as much a solid, stay at home defenseman as Daniel Paille is an offensive force or Tyler Seguin is an enforcer.

Put me in your category of people who don't know a decent amount about the game according to you then .....I guess.