Upcoming Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Upcoming Draft

I think the Bruins should look for a DMan.  If you get a chance to youtube Ryan Murphy and Duncan Siemens I'd look no further than those two.  Do you want a smooth, deft passing, undersized, blazing fast kid or another tough as nails type.  As much as we love the McQuaid types around here, I'd lean towards the small kid that they say can skate like the wind.  We could use more speed.  And I think we're tough enough already.  Murphy it is!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Re: Upcoming Draft

I find myself hoping more and more each day that the Bruins draft Murphy if he is still around.  This type of Dman doesn't come around too often.

If not Murphy though, I would like to see Beaulieu or Siemens get picked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I don't see the great upside of Siemens that other posters do. I think he has "bust" written all over him, but that's just my opinion. I'd take atleast 3 d-men in this draft over him (Beaulieu, Murphy and Hamilton).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Upcoming Draft:
    [QUOTE]I don't see the great upside of Siemens that other posters do. I think he has "bust" written all over him, but that's just my opinion. I'd take atleast 3 d-men in this draft over him (Beaulieu, Murphy and Hamilton).
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.   I'll be disappointed if we end up with him with a top ten pick.  He played Junior where I live, and while I didn't follow the team that closely, there wasn't a great deal of buzz about him.  I talked to a few that did follow and they are surprised he's ranked as high as he is.  Nothing special here IMO, maybe closer to the middle/end of the first round.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

McKenzie rankings have him at #13, so it would seem like he might be in the conversation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

......MURPHY, HANDS DOWN!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Nathan Beaulieau please.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]McKenzie rankings have him at #13, so it would seem like he might be in the conversation.
    Posted by Crowls2424[/QUOTE]

I knew that Beaulieu and Siemens would drop only because most of the draft predictions were done on North American skaters only.  
    Also the European players were not included in most draft predictions.
    Now with additions like Zibanejad (center in which Bruins don't need) at 9th and  Brodin (don't know much about) but ranked 10th before Beaulieu and Siemens.

You can check this link below for the full TSN rankings.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=44969 

Cannot wait !!!

If the Bruins are set on taking a D I would really eye Beaulieu.  His family and he have been brought up in hockey . Been part of those great London Knight teams etc... he has the pedigree to become a very good NHLer. 
    Europeans are riskier.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I personally am hoping that in the later round they draft my buddy Brian lol. Seriously though, he might actually get drafted in round 6 or 7.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Seeing that this is a gravy pick, taking a risk seems justified.  Ryan Murphy is a big risk as he may never even be average defensivily.  Offensively however he could be in Mike Green's class.  Beaulieu is the more well rounded guy and safer.  Hamilton and Siemens to me are overrated for a top ten selections.  Both should be NHL guys but more like 3-6 guys not 1 or 2 guys. 

The guy most intriuging to me is Jamieson Olesiak.  This guys size and game are similar to Chara.  As Chara ages wouldn't it be nice to have a shutdown successor who can learn from him?  Bottom line if the B's don't trade the pick the call will be defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In Response to Upcoming Draft:
    [QUOTE]I think the Bruins should look for a DMan.  If you get a chance to youtube Ryan Murphy and Duncan Siemens I'd look no further than those two.  Do you want a smooth, deft passing, undersized, blazing fast kid or another tough as nails type.  As much as we love the McQuaid types around here, I'd lean towards the small kid that they say can skate like the wind.  We could use more speed.  And I think we're tough enough already.  Murphy it is!
    Posted by CamOJonasink[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Siemens is Jonathan Aiken all over again... bust!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I will say this, with our #40 pick (from Minny), there are quite a few guys I really like that COULD possibly still be on the board when PC heads up to the stage.

Ty Rattie (LW/RW)
    Zack Phillips (Centre)
    Matt Puempel (LW)
    Stefan Noesen (LW/RW)

I think Puempel has the potential to be the most dangerous, if, and it's a BIG if, he improves n the defensive zone. This kid has a ton of tools and skills offensively, but if he would be drafted by us, he would definitely have some work to do to be successful/have a better grasp of things in Claude's system.

Phillips is a gifted passer, from what I've seen and has really good vision/hands. I think he can be a good player, but he could put on about 10 pounds of muscle. Bob McKenzie said he's somewhat of a comparable to Adam Oates. I will take his word for that, and if he becomes even close to what Oates did, I'd be a happy camper.

Ty Rattie has really excited me from what I've seen from him, but I think he'll be gone by around 25 or so.

If any of these guys dropped to us, I'd be thrilled. Do any of you have any players you're excited about the possibility of having at #40? If so, who?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

i like the 3 d men hamilton,murphy and beaulieu     BUT    the b's have some skilled d's in the system maybe not as high end as these guys   might be. warsofsky,button ,kampfer,bartkowski  the russian kid tommy cross from b.c.  i don't know how good there going to be but i don't think we  need a d man. looking at forwards they have fast skilled prospects, spooner,knight,sauve, etc. who do we have like lucic or horton big -fast-tough??  in this draft theres 2 guys like that  ty biggs us team captain total beast great skater  and seth ambroz who is bigger and nastier also american. i don't know to do it but i would like these guys. how bout trading back to 15-20 take biggs add a 2nd round pick draft adam clendening from b.u and ambroze!we'll be the most physical team in the league for years to come! and we have those other high skilled speedy guys too! what do you think?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I'd love to get Couterier if th B's could move up in the draft. Couterier with Lucic could be an awesome combination. If he's not available, then Hamilton or Murphy. Any one of those 3 and I'd be happy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I think they should draft their strength, Center. THey can trade assets in future years for a good defensemen if need be, and as evidenced by this cup run, the Bruins don't need a highly offensive defenseman. tried it with Wideman and it didn't really work out. I want to see Ryan Strome personally, I think he will be a stud.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Go for offense. Load up on offense.

You can trade for a defenseman easier than a offensive player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]I think they should draft their strength, Center. THey can trade assets in future years for a good defensemen if need be, and as evidenced by this cup run, the Bruins don't need a highly offensive defenseman. tried it with Wideman and it didn't really work out. I want to see Ryan Strome personally, I think he will be a stud.
    Posted by shaunk[/QUOTE]

i think if we needed anything this cup run IT WAS OFFENSIVE DEFENSMEN.
    did you watch our power play? horrible! Penalty kill was awesome but power play... powerless! Offensive D is a must in this day and age.
    maybe trading for one is the better anwser but we would be extremely lucky to make it to the cup again with that poor of a power play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, tough to win without the PP - but on the whole, I don't think the D was the problem there.  At least, not in a way a Murphy would fix.

Bruins have shown that you can acquire enough parts on defense as long as you have a centrepiece to build around.  Seidenberg was a relatively cheap addition.  Boychuck, McQuaid, Kampfer cost less than bubblegum.  Ference is a last, best legacy of the Thornton trade (indirectly).  Chara's the centrepiece, and they shot the moon to get an offensive D-man they thought would improve the PP.

Best Player Available.  If they think that's Murphy, fine.  Scary, but interesting.  Top 9 means a good player (per McKenzie) with the drop happening immediately after 9.  Given the tendency for teams to go off the board after 5 or 6, they may have some options in that top 9.  I could see Oleksiak (Valabik?) going in the top 10.  Biggs or McNeill.  Teams reach for size as often as anything because beyond the very elite, comparable skills are easy enough to find, but skills and size aren't.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]Nathan Beaulieau please.
    Posted by mattymcgee55[/QUOTE]

Nathan Beaulieu is another Frenchy. Next year with Caron and Sauve we'll have 7, it's enough. no? We'll have to change our color in blue and they'll want move the team in Québec city. No!! 

Worse, they'll want to replace Rene Rancourt by Celine Dion. NO!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Don't think that the Bruins NEEDED any type of player considering they won the cup. I don't want to watch that awful power play anymore as much as the next guy, but Wheatskins has rightly pointed out, you can trade offensive assets easier for more matured defensemen than the other way around. If there is a position that is hard to project, I would say it is defenseman because it typically takes D-men a long time to truly come into their own, unless they are drafted really high. Look at Boris Valabik, wasn't he drafted 7th? wow. I would hate to have been the team to do that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Also, I haven't been on these posts in a while but I see that BookBoy is still churning out quality commentary. Keep up the good work.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBean0-0. Show BostonBean0-0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Upcoming Draft : Nathan Beaulieu is another Frenchy. Next year with Caron and Sauve we'll have 7, it's enough. no? We'll have to change our color in blue and they'll want move the team in Québec city. No!!  Worse, they'll want to replace Rene Rancourt by Celine Dion. NO!
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

You're right, rather we must look for Jonathan Miller.
    Go Bruins!

Sections
Shortcuts