Update : bet Red vs Stanley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Update : bet Red vs Stanley

The Lemon 11GP  2G 3 A.       5 PTS.        TOTAL REC.         5 PTS

Spooner.       1GP.  0G 1A.       1 PT.                                                                                          Smith.         11GP. 1G. 5A.       6 PTS.        TOTAL STANLEY  7 PTS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Update : bet Red vs Stanley

So Red is winning.  No surprise there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

What was the bet and can you make those more legible?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The bet is  Red has the  Lemon (Pev) to have more points than Spooner and Smith combined 

I am ahaead 7pts to 5 and Spooner just joined the team ....this is a walk in the park bet and the loser has to admit on this board that the winner has much more hockey knowledges and can identify talents quickly just like I did for Smith and Spooner....who in the world would put his $$$ on the  lemon ....and he is getting all the ice he wants in Dallas most of the time on the 1st line....when you have a player like The Lemon on the 1st line in this league ....forget the playoffs hope.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The bet is  Red has the  Lemon (Pev) to have more points than Spooner and Smith combined 

I am ahaead 7pts to 5 and Spooner just joined the team ....this is a walk in the park bet and the loser has to admit on this board that the winner has much more hockey knowledges and can identify talents quickly just like I did for Smith and Spooner....who in the world would put his $$$ on the  lemon ....and he is getting all the ice he wants in Dallas most of the time on the 1st line....when you have a player like The Lemon on the 1st line in this league ....forget the playoffs hope.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you lose a couple bets in the past where you didn't pay up ? I thought i remember that happening.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Didn't you lose a couple bets in the past where you didn't pay up ? I thought i remember that happening.....

[/QUOTE]

Numerous times - but he'll pay up this time or I'll badger him forever.

And to be honest, I'd be fine if I lose this bet - it would mean the younguns performed far beyond expectations. I didn't expect Marchand to play so poorly, giving Smith 2nd line time. It's a long season so we'll see what happens.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And to be honest, I'd be fine if I lose this bet - it would mean the younguns performed far beyond expectations. I didn't expect Marchand to play so poorly, giving Smith 2nd line time. It's a long season so we'll see what happens.

[/QUOTE]

So when Stanley wins, all is good, but when Stanley loses, all is forgotten. Gotcha.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So when Stanley wins, all is good, but when Stanley loses, all is forgotten. Gotcha.

[/QUOTE]

Not true I have to pay a dinner for 2 in Boston on my next visit in March 2014 because I lost a bet ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats how you can tell between a hockey expert and an average fan Red....younguns as u say are performing beyond YOUR expectations .....but believe me not beyond MINE ....the best is yet to come and the Lemon is playing just as expected....like an old finished Lemon with no more juice, no talent no guts .....just enough speed to run away from the action and stay away from being checked....so glad and so relieved that he is playing else where ....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If Stano honored his bets, he wouldn't be here.  He lost a "I'll leave forever" bet.

Anyhow, I'm with red in that I'm rooting for her to lose this one.  Would be a nice surprise, despite what will be a very annoying level of crowing from one poster about finally getting one right...

How's Peverly's ticker looking?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Stano honored his bets, he wouldn't be here.  He lost a "I'll leave forever" bet.

Anyhow, I'm with red in that I'm rooting for her to lose this one.  Would be a nice surprise, despite what will be a very annoying level of crowing from one poster about finally getting one right...

How's Peverly's ticker looking?

[/QUOTE]

The ignore feature is a beautiful thing my friend. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thats how you can tell between a hockey expert and an average fan Red....younguns as u say are performing beyond YOUR expectations .....but believe me not beyond MINE ....the best is yet to come and the Lemon is playing just as expected....like an old finished Lemon with no more juice, no talent no guts .....just enough speed to run away from the action and stay away from being checked....so glad and so relieved that he is playing else where ....

[/QUOTE]

Your expectations also included Khudo winning the Conn Smythe last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

my expectations about Khudo are still very high since he got injured the Canes keep losing, Khudo is Canes #1 goalie as I always said that he woukd become a number 1 in the NHL and Red please dont count him out for a Connie Smythe.....and by the way Red I have way too much respect for you to keep arguing ...I know what it is to be a Bruins fan in Canada we are both Bruins fans and hockey lovers ...you have some very good posts most of the time but just admit that you were totally wrong about the Lemon ....and enjoy the game !!!    

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Stanley, I'm pretty sure I can rule out Khudo winning the Conn Smythe in 2013 while backstopping the Bruins to the Stanley Cup, because it didn't happen.

And Khudo's not the Canes #1 - Ward's hurt and on IR. The moment he's healthy Khudo's on the pine again.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He gave Carter Camper the exact same hype as he has Spooner.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He gave Carter Camper the exact same hype as he has Spooner.  

[/QUOTE]

Shut up Fletch

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Peverley's The Lemon?  Thought he was The Flying Mosquito?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

ANYONE  CARE TO PUT UP A BET WITH ME

[/QUOTE]

Let me guess.  Would the bet involve Phil Kessel by any chance?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Peverley's The Lemon?  Thought he was The Flying Mosquito?

[/QUOTE]

Rich....the Lemon = flying mosquito same thing 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Interesting thing about Peverley:

Last season I stated the B's third line players could be second liners elsewhere. 

Someone tried to take me to the woodshed for it.  I think it was Sandog (and his Boll is a first liner yeouch).

Peverley is now playing on the Stars first line.

NAS:   94

SAN:  -3

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fletch, you forgot a few.  Like Jamie Tardif.  You know, the guy who had 30 goals in the AHL last year and should therefore have been in Boston even though he's a 28 year old AHL vet who couldn't even crack the Sabres lineup this year?  'Course, there'd be no room for him if the Bruins had listened to Stanley and brought up 28-goal man in Providence, Mikko Lehtonen;  but then, how would Bern in the Swiss-A replace the 2-5-7 line in 18 games he's provided them this year?

Folks, not that you need it, but at great risk to his earning potential on QVC, I now give you, one time only and completely free of charge: The Stanley Method.

1. Look at scoring leaders in Providence.

2. Look at the top of Bruins' prospect rankings on hockeysfuture.com.

3. Look for one of those prospects/AHL scoring leaders who has done something...anything...in the NHL even over an extremely short period of time.

4. At various times during the year, tell everyone how, if you were GM, the scoring leaders in Providence/player with limited and grossly distorted NHL experience would be in Boston in place of an established veteran whose role is not based primarily on point production.  Repeat incessantly. 

5a. (If one of the players you are crowing about plays well) Remind everyone that you "spotted this talent before anyone."  Add to your resume of reasons why you should replace Peter Chiarelli after the Bruins' next two-game losing "streak".

5b. (For the players who never make the jump or, when they do, perform like drunken Ivan Humls) write the names of these players on slips of flash paper.  Drink two shots of Knob Creek, hit yourself in the head with a rubber mallet, sing the Forgetting Song, burn the slips of paper.  Never talk about these players again.

6. When 5b fails, particularly when you are called on your love of players who did not break out - acknowledge that you have fallen out of love with the player, blame the player for not living up to his potential, then immediately shift to why as GM you would have traded the player for an All-Star before anyone else could see he wouldn't live up to his potential.  Telling people you and Cam Neely have discussed this over mojitos impresses people enough that they forget that you're batting a David Freese like .093.  (Note: F U David Freese - god I hate the Cardinals!) 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

already won that bet- make the bet terms . actually fun

Sure.  I will bet you 2.26 million internet dollars.

Kessel will never score more than 60 goals in a single season.

Kessel will never win more than 2 Conn Smythe trophies.

Kessel will never win more than 3 Stanley Cups.

Kessel will never win more than 3 Richard trophies.

Kessel will never drop the gloves with John Scott.

And I saved the best for last.

Kessel will never dive to block a shot.

And one extra,

Kessel will never become a player I like.

Sections
Shortcuts