Updated Power Rankings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Updated Power Rankings

Flyers are 9th ? Mmmm no way that's why I don't pay attention to power rankings.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

with pronger out, and no good goalie, yeah, right now they could be 9th

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

your right...pronger out...they have slid...just proves the point...get your cards linned up for the playoffs and see how far you go !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

Funny how others see us but we still criticize. Flyers at 9th is puzzling..but after we beat the Wild thurs nite and beat the Habs Sat nite we should at least maintain the 4th position.  We are continually improving. Still love Brad Richards...if someone in the East gets him for the playoffs will hurt us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

This is of course in stark contrast to this week's ESPN Power Rankings, where Pierre LeBrun has the B's ranked 12th (down from 11th last week.) 

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle: B's are definitely not the 4th strongest team in the league but are much better than the 12th.  I would place them top 3 or 4 in the East and likely top 7 or 8 league-wide, maybe dipping to as low as 10th if they have a bad week.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Wilson,
    I agree with your logic, but i think the east is much stronger then the west this year.. the bruins 4th in the east.. would put them 6-7 league wide for me.. The 4 seed sounds a little bit premature, I think if they can get things going that is where they belong, but  still to inconsistant even if they did go 4-0-2..

Then again, its power rankings. so who cares..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

is this the eqivalent of nhl bcs? what a bunch of nonsense

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Updated Power Rankings:
    [QUOTE]is this the eqivalent of nhl bcs? what a bunch of nonsense
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,apparently they'll let any clown post on here,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Just looking at the standings, specifically the top 8 in each conference, I can't say that there's a definitive favorite in any potential playoff matchup. While the non-playoff teams are easy to spot and differentiate from the winners (TOR, FLA, EDM, CGY, etc), the playoff teams are incredibly evenly matched.

Outside of Pittsburgh, Detroit, and maybe Philly, I don't think there are any teams that are a lock to advance past the first round. I think that's pretty sweet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah and Lebrun has Philly ranked #2 Ok I changed my mind I approve of Pierre's rankings :sarcasm: LoL!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dc-bruin, there is no such thing as a "first round lock"-ask the sharks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Updated Power Rankings:
    [QUOTE]dc-bruin, there is no such thing as a "first round lock"-ask the sharks
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Very true. What I meant was that I could see a lot of these series going 7 games and when you get to that point, it's pretty much a toss-up.

Sections
Shortcuts