US Golden!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

US Golden!

What a tournament, didn't think the US had it after the exhibition games but they turned it on!

Fuck yah, delete that BDC!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: US Golden!

This is so awesome.  It's nice to see that the USA has the best juniors in the world right now.

USA! USA! USA!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Exciting and a great sight to see the colors and to have all of the players singing the National Anthem. Wow. Another great thrill for us elderly folks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

This forces me to adjust my view on American hockey. This is America's 2nd Gold medal in 4 years, 3rd in the last 10 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IIHF_World_Under-20_Championship_medalists

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Awesome!  Loved watching this tournament and it was even sweeter with the US winning.  They actually showed some real depth with different players starring in each game (and Gibson in every game)  Grimaldi today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Might aswell say it here also CONGRATS TEAM U.S.A !!!

My allstars today Gibson, Trouba and ROCCOOOOO ! Love that name LOL.

Exciting game till the end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Ouch eh? Tough going for our brothers to the North. No NHL, so you know they were salivating for the WJC, add that to the fact that the Cup hasnt been raised by a Canadian team in over two decades and you have some angry people up there...

Well Done Red/White & Blue, now all they need is an Olympic gold, not too far fetched.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

For me it's team Canada first and then good hockey.  It was a great tourney.  Congrats to the USA team who may have had the best goaltending performance I have ever seen.  I watched every game.  Thank god for pVr.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Ouch eh? Tough going for our brothers to the North. No NHL, so you know they were salivating for the WJC, add that to the fact that the Cup hasnt been raised by a Canadian team in over two decades and you have some angry people up there...

Well Done Red/White & Blue, now all they need is an Olympic gold, not too far fetched.

I knew they would not win the Bronze, especially since not in Canada.  It's hard for those boys to get up for 3rd place when their expectations is to at least play for the gold especially in a foreign country.  Anyway Spott ended it in true fashion, no comment.

Ok enough on Canada , it's the U.S. we should talk about on this thread.

Seems like the core of the U.S. team also won the U17 tourny, great group of guys .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

It's an honor that you can compare yourself with the best hockey country in the world.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

It's an honor that you can compare yourself with the best hockey country in the world. 

There it is the backhended-condecending-whiny-sore-loser post lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Its great to see kids put it all on the line for their country, with nothing to play for but national pride, and doing it for no paycheque. That'll be the last time for most, wait till Donald Fehr gets a hold of them, wait a minute, Donald isn't getting any money for the pro's either. Oh well , way to go team USA, fully deserved on the gold !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

quite proud of these youngsters, it gave me cold chills seeing, and hearing them sing the star-spangled banner. this team reminded me A LOT of the 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION BOSTON BRUINS. 1) disturbingly good goaltending 2) best defensive corps by far 3) balanced scoring throughout the lineup. that was a fun tourney to watch, sad it's over. nice job team USA! can't wait to see a lot of these kids skate in the nhl, if and when that ever happens. until then, college hockey will have to do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

There it is the backhended-condecending-whiny-sore-loser post lol

No.  It was reading about the Canadian brothers to the north.  When we win and there has been 15. 16 if you count the brawl the last thing I think of is the USA Team.  I was worried about the us team after the first game.  I was not confident with our backend or goaltending.  It ultimately cost us.  On the other hand your squad had the best goalie and a solid 6 dmen.  I love how your entire team played.  No sore loser here. It's great hockey and the best team won it all. I love eWorld junior hockey.  

Sections
Shortcuts