U.S.A out everything Canada

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

U.S.A out everything Canada

Wow  !  The U.S. outplayed Canada in every aspect of the game, everything !

I thought after 15mins maybe Canada would wake up , just being in funk from the bye , not at all the case, the U.S. today is just superior from the drop of the puck.

4-0 after 2 periods..... I'm guessing game over, just didn't see anything positive from Canada to think they can claw back into this one.  Consolation maybe Canada can win 1 period ?

p.s. Putting aside my patriotism and reason I'm not going back to bed is this is great hockey (from the U.S.) .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: U.S.A out everything Canada

Gibson wasn't really tested the first two periods but in the 3rd he shut the door (espcially on that one PP). Even the goal Canada scored shouldn't have have counted although in all fairness no reason for the whistle to have blown.

Calgary Flames 4th rounder John Gaudreau is getting closer to be this tournaments MVP.

Told ya pauly Canada hadn't won anything yet after beating the Russians.

Bottom line , most used cliche in hockey , the U.S. was faster, bigger, stronger .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Any analysis deeper than a cliche just isn't necessary.  A complete top to bottom spanking.

It happens.

Congrats to our friends in the US. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'm more surprised than anything else. to think that the US held canada to 3 goals in two games is shocking, with the talent they have. gibson was rarely tested in this one, but he's my MVP right now. throw in the russia game, and he's allowed 5 goals in three games against the best the world has to offer (rus/can-2x).  it was a whooping, and THAT was totally unexpected. team canada does not get it handed to them very often, the US caught them on a bad day. i'll certainly be pulling for canada to get the bronze- and our for our boys to bring home their 3rd gold... to have 2 of the top three junior teams residing right here in north america makes me proud to live on this chunk of land. still kinda shocked to be honest. i just hope team USA has one more great game left in them!! GO TEAM USA!!!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Johnny Gaudreau, Jacob Trouba and John Gibson led the way. On to the Gold medal game, nothing like watching a team as on fire as the US is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Johnny Gaudreau, Jacob Trouba and John Gibson led the way. On to the Gold medal game, nothing like watching a team as on fire as the US is.

[/QUOTE]

mccabe's got to be on that list, he scored the game winner. matter of fact his goals were the only goals needed to beat the canadians. that just sounds strange, 2 goals is all it takes to best canada? this game was one of the most complete efforts team USA has ever put on the ice. dominant in their own zone(gibson included), dominant in the nuetral zone, dominant in the offensive zone. check and mate.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Full credit to US and good luck. I hope they win.  They out played us the entire game.  I'm always worried about the US team.  They are so familiar to each other.   I won't beat up on Subban bc he had a decent tourney.   Dougie on the other hand I thought should have been the difference maker. He simply didn't dominate.  

Hats off to the better squad.  Good luck in the final.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wow, it is kind of amazing with the U20 kids how extreme the swings of emotion and momentum are.  The US just seemed to be at the peak of confidence and opportunism, while for whatever reason, that was by far the worst game for Canada.  I still think Canada wins that matchup 7 out of 10 times, but that's what's great about this tournament.

I'm with shupe, in that I really haven't been impressed with Hamilton's play against what should be lesser competition.  Not feeling enthused about him right now.  Something seems glaringly average about him in this tournament.  I think Harrington has played better.

Gonna be a long day at work...I predict another catastrophic coffee spill on my keyboard...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wow, it is kind of amazing with the U20 kids how extreme the swings of emotion and momentum are.  The US just seemed to be at the peak of confidence and opportunism, while for whatever reason, that was by far the worst game for Canada.  I still think Canada wins that matchup 7 out of 10 times, but that's what's great about this tournament.

I'm with shupe, in that I really haven't been impressed with Hamilton's play against what should be lesser competition.  Not feeling enthused about him right now.  Something seems glaringly average about him in this tournament.  I think Harrington has played better.

Gonna be a long day at work...I predict another catastrophic coffee spill on my keyboard...

[/QUOTE]

This is why it's the best hockey to watch.  You see a Swiss team yesterday play so well. A fin team looked unstoppable and doesn't make it.  I love this brand of hockey.  US could have easily won the first gm against us.  They got hot and got their confidence.  And they easily have the best goalie.  It's not even close.  Big. Fast. Skilled. They are fun to watch and Phil has them playing great.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Full credit to US and good luck. I hope they win.  They out played us the entire game.  I'm always worried about the US team.  They are so familiar to each other.   I won't beat up on Subban bc he had a decent tourney.   Dougie on the other hand I thought should have been the difference maker. He simply didn't dominate.  

[/QUOTE]

While it's true, it doesn't excuse Canada's performance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I really can't believe it, but I am thrilled.  Up yours Hopkins. 

USA! USA! USA!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I was disappointed in Hamiltons tournament too.  Wasn't impressed with Camera either.  Subban was hot and cold, but todays team was so dismal in front of him, I'll give him a pass.

The Russians must have taken some notes too.  They matched Canada's ineptitude for half the game against Sweden.(end of second currently).  USA is certainly good enough to win gold, but anything short of a real good effort won't cut it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

"excuse their performance"? who exactly should they apologize to? they are under far more pressure to win than any other junior team. sometimes with that pressure comes a bad performance- especially when it's kids playing. you are aware NAS, that the best team on paper does not always win- if they did, there would be no need to play the game.  granted it was a very poor outing for canada, but give credit to a hungry team USA. if team canada didn't advance past the group stage, i'd have questions about what was wrong. the fact is they played four very good games, then had a let down against a very good team. when you're EXPECTED  to win EVERY game you play, SOMETIMES the pressure gets to you. nothing more, nothing less. this is what can and does happen in a short tournament, one bad game is all it takes.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"excuse their performance"? who exactly should they apologize to? they are under far more pressure to win than any other junior team. sometimes with that pressure comes a bad performance- especially when it's kids playing. you are aware NAS, that the best team on paper does not always win- if they did, there would be no need to play the game.  granted it was a very poor outing for canada, but give credit to a hungry team USA. if team canada didn't advance past the group stage, i'd have questions about what was wrong. the fact is they played four very good games, then had a let down against a very good team. when you're EXPECTED  to win EVERY game you play, SOMETIMES the pressure gets to you. nothing more, nothing less. this is what can and does happen in a short tournament, one bad game is all it takes.  

[/QUOTE]

Canada laid an egg.  Nuge is a star in the NHL and wasn't hungry.  Their big guy on def was below avg.  take away his pp goal and I think douggie was very very avg.  he needed to dominate.  A guy that plays 35 mins a gm in junior and won outstanding def needs to dominate a tourney like this.  Canada played 4 lines deep when they should have road the heck outta nuge.  

i give credit to the US more so then blaming Canada's game.  But they simply stunk.  

Oh well. Great thing is there is no lockout with the world juniors.  good luck USA.  Swedes will be a great matchup

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Like I have said a million times before subban let's in some easy goals. He is a talented kid but not worth a first round pick. He will be a quality backup in a couple years. As for dougie he didn't impress in the tourney but he will still be starting for the bs as soon as the season starts. On to camara he did impress me with big hits kid shelled a couple players a game. He is not going to be world beater offensively he will fit in nice with the bs grinding game when injuries kick in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment: I was disappointed in Hamiltons tournament too.  Wasn't impressed with Camera either.  Subban was hot and cold, but todays team was so dismal in front of him, I'll give him a pass.

I agree on Subban but do you think Camara Camaro had enough icetime ? enough shifts to grade what Canada really wanted him too do ? which is wreak havoc, laying hits..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Canada laid an egg.  Nuge is a star in the NHL and wasn't hungry.  Their big guy on def was below avg.  take away his pp goal and I think douggie was very very avg.  he needed to dominate.  A guy that plays 35 mins a gm in junior and won outstanding def needs to dominate a tourney like this.  Canada played 4 lines deep when they should have road the heck outta nuge.  

i give credit to the US more so then blaming Canada's game.  But they simply stunk.  

Oh well. Great thing is there is no lockout with the world juniors.  good luck USA.  Swedes will be a great matchup

[/QUOTE]

Agree on these two points. USA was the better team this game, top to bottom, by far, hats off to them, now go get the gold ! As far as our junior stud Hamilton, like Shupe said, very average and hardly noticable most games. For a guy so highly touted he has had two poor junior tourney's in a row. Maybe some NHL competition and coaching will ramp him up a bit but if he can't get fired up for the world juniors, who knows. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

For all of you on Hamilton's back . which d-man stuck out the most ? 

Harrington while was best D on Canada is and was a stay at home d-man along with Hamilton. That's the responsabilty coach Spott gave them. 

Murphy and Reilly ?  why because they made some rushes up the ice ?  They were horrible in their on end and missed on outlet passes all game long.

Were your expections high on the PP with Hamilton ? The PP could not do much as the whole unit looked horrible all tournament long (excpet 5min against the Russians). Bad decisions, bad passes .....

The U.S. dfense will probablt be the best in the tournament production-wise, no other team close.  Canada could not compete with them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Congrats to USA Juniors - today was their day.

No success for Subban, Hamilton and Camara; hope their success comes at the NHL level with the Bruins, where success tastes much sweeter, and is better for all of "us".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Harrington while was best D on Canada is and was a stay at home d-man along with Hamilton. That's the responsabilty coach Spott gave them. 

Murphy and Reilly ?  why because they made some rushes up the ice ?  They were horrible in their on end and missed on outlet passes all game long.

Were your expections high on the PP with Hamilton ? The PP could not do much as the whole unit looked horrible all tournament long (excpet 5min against the Russians). Bad decisions, bad passes .....

The U.S. dfense will probablt be the best in the tournament production-wise, no other team close.  Canada could not compete with them.

[/QUOTE]

those other dmen are not supposed to be the cal. Of Hamilton.  Did he hit anyone, was he a star in any game?  Hamilton was given the shut down role.  i think he will be very good. But he did nothing in this tourney.  He needed to be one of the best players every game.  He simply was invisible.  

The US tender enabled the US def to make plays.  But I agree. The US def is the best in the tourney and was talked about as a major weakness for Canada as well as ? Goal tending.  

I think up front Canada had the best and deepest fwd lines.  great goaltending and solid def were the difference for both teams. One had it.  One didn't. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i coach wrestling at the high school level. i tell my kids all the time when they are out-matched "on paper"- you don't have to be the best wrestler in the state- you have to be the best wrestler TODAY. that's what the US was, the best today.  this all just lends support to the idea that the stanley cup is undoubtedly the most difficult tournament to win. there are no flukes, you gotta win 4 - 7 game series. that being said, i would LOVE to see a seven game series between US and Canada. how fun would that be?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

those other dmen are not supposed to be the cal. Of Hamilton.  Did he hit anyone, was he a star in any game?  Hamilton was given the shut down role.  i think he will be very good. But he did nothing in this tourney.  He needed to be one of the best players every game.  He simply was invisible.  

The US tender enabled the US def to make plays.  But I agree. The US def is the best in the tourney and was talked about as a major weakness for Canada as well as ? Goal tending.  

I think up front Canada had the best and deepest fwd lines.  great goaltending and solid def were the difference for both teams. One had it.  One didn't. 

[/QUOTE]

???  Those other d-men Reilly was picked up 5th in last years draft .Not sure what you watched in game1 against the U.S. and Russia , Hamilton and Harrington were dominant.  Today .... everyone one was bad therefore to take 1 name out of a bag is just wrong. 

Deepest forwards ?  not today that's for sure RHN was invisible !  Just proves my point that you cannot choose 1 guy in todays performance.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I've had the (unpopular) opinion that the Bruins shouldn't have used a first round pick on a goalie for a while, but I actually want to stick up for Subban a little after this game.  The only questionable goal to my eyes was the Vesey (Go Massholes!) shot and even that was the result of some pretty weak defense in front of him which allowed Vesey to walk in and pick his spot.  The other goals were total snipes in the top corners, usually through a screen, or on a breakaway with the final goal.  They would be really tough saves to make for any goalie.  I thought Subban played a really strong tournament and was not to blame for the loss this morning.

Hamilton really doesn't have a similar excuse, in my opinion.  Shupe's nailing it here -- he was very quiet and very average in a tournament where he should have been one of the top players and a driving force for Canada.  I'm not saying he stinks, but you've got to be disappointed on some level at what a non-factor he appeared to be.

Camara seemed fine to me as a depth role player.  For a guy who was not expected to even make the team, how disappointed can you be?  I thought he held his own and looked fine.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

For all of you on Hamilton's back . which d-man stuck out the most

[/QUOTE]

None of them did, but for a player with Dougie's credo, he should have led by the example with which his reputation preceded him, which is that of the best defencemen in Canadian junior hockey. I guess he did lead by example if we are to critique all of canada's d-men, because as a whole , they were underwhelming. I just thought as the lynch pin of Canada's defence his play was not stellar.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I've had the (unpopular) opinion that the Bruins shouldn't have used a first round pick on a goalie for a while, but I actually want to stick up for Subban a little after this game.  The only questionable goal to my eyes was the Vesey (Go Massholes!) shot and even that was the result of some pretty weak defense in front of him which allowed Vesey to walk in and pick his spot.  The other goals were total snipes in the top corners, usually through a screen, or on a breakaway with the final goal.  They would be really tough saves to make for any goalie.  I thought Subban played a really strong tournament and was not to blame for the loss this morning.

Hamilton really doesn't have a similar excuse, in my opinion.  Shupe's nailing it here -- he was very quiet and very average in a tournament where he should have been one of the top players and a driving force for Canada.  I'm not saying he stinks, but you've got to be disappointed on some level at what a non-factor he appeared to be.

Camara seemed fine to me as a depth role player.  For a guy who was not expected to even make the team, how disappointed can you be?  I thought he held his own and looked fine.

[/QUOTE]

why do the other Ds get a free pass ?  I'm not disagreeing with you and Shupe but their whole D -core was average at best.  Hamilton's duties were to be a shutdown D and that usually does not equate to points when you have to match up against the other teams best.  Only way Hamiton could show off his offensive skill would be on the PP and it just was not good as a whole.

Sections
Shortcuts