USA! USA! USA!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

USA! USA! USA!

Great chant out there tonight.  Because it really was the USA taking on Canada... Oh wait.  It was the Bruins taking on the Habs...  And the Habs have more Americans on their roster...  And the Bruins have more Canadians on their roster...

So were those who were chanting "USA!!" cheering for the Habs?  I don't get it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Re: USA! USA! USA!

you get clueless fans in all cities.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Yeah lets leave that one out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Oh absolutely.  It just made me laugh when I was watching the game from Canada, cheering for the Bruins, and hearing the chant.

I guess I kind of understand though.  It was more to mock the Habs fans who likely drove down from Montreal more than to cheer on the Bruins.  The irony behind it was great though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It was the Boston fans chanting against the Montreal fans.

It made perfect sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Thought it was dumb.

Right there with:
    - Booing opposing players every time they touch the puck (see Florida Wideman)
    - Booing your own players every time they touch the puck (see Boston Wideman)
    - Booing National Anthems

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SteveM. Show SteveM's posts

The stinking baboon has spoken. You are wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

In Response to Re: USA! USA! USA!:
    It was the Boston fans chanting against the Montreal fans. It made perfect sense.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Thanks for clearing that up.  I wasn't sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The stinking baboon has spoken. You are wrong.
    Posted by SteveM

Kelvana might be a babboon, but I am not sure if he stinks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

Thought it was dumb. Right there with: - Booing opposing players every time they touch the puck (see Florida Wideman) - Booing your own players every time they touch the puck (see Boston Wideman) - Booing National Anthems
    Posted by Crowls2424

Absolutely.  I will never understand why Wideman gets booed.  He didn't demand a trade or leave on bad terms.

Booing a National Anthem is just sickening.  Philly and Montreal are horrible for that.

Oh well.  Either way, great game tonight.  The intensity was great.  Let's just hope DK is alright.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

The USA chant was just embarrassing.  A "Subban sux" or even a "VanMassenhoven sux" chant would have sufficed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

As a Canadian Bruins fan that just annoyed me.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Dumbest chant ever, but considering the excitement of the game and the atmosphere in the building, I think the silliness can be excused. People were caught up in the moment, and why not? It was a hell of a game overall; I know some will disagree, but I think we need more games like that to restore interest and excitement in what has become a mostly tepid NHL.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

yes...very dumb, BUT a whole lot more respectful than booing another country's national anthem. no fans are worse than montreal's...even philly's

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RLSJR65. Show RLSJR65's posts

Agree completely stupid.  Not like it's the first time either.  It's been happening for years vs Montreal. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

The USA chant was just embarrassing.  A "Subban sux" or even a "VanMassenhoven sux" chant would have sufficed.
    Posted by Mutant211

Hearing a few thousand fans all try to say VanMassenhoven at the same time would be worth the price of admission.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

They are saying montreal fans remained seated during the US National anthem, as well as keeping their hats on.. I would guess that was the heart of the USA chant..

So while it is indeed stupid, most of the bruins being canadien, Its understandable.. Montreal fans, show some class....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

"montreal fans, show some class"...don't hold your breath on that one

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

Dumb/ignorant? Yes.  Ironic and hilarious? Also Yes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Thats Bostonians for you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Dumbest chant ever, but considering the excitement of the game and the atmosphere in the building, I think the silliness can be excused. People were caught up in the moment, and why not? It was a hell of a game overall; I know some will disagree, but I think we need more games like that to restore interest and excitement in what has become a mostly tepid NHL.
    Posted by Kennedy97

Kennedy, I agree on the silliness... yet I have seen Canadien fans sit or boo their own anthem.  Now that is dumb.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I guess USA was easier to say than Wheeler, Thomas and Kampfer, or maybe they wanted Stuart on the ice, or maybe they were actually cheering for the Canadien players Gomez, Gionta, Halpern, Pacioretty, Gill and Wisniewski.

This chant shows very little IQ as did the fans not standing for the national anthem.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"This chant shows very little IQ as did the fans not standing for the national anthem." It works both ways people are dumb everywhere unfortunetly.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Ridiculous chant!  Boston fans lowering themselves to Canadiens fans' standards - very disappointing.  Totally unecessary since the B's took good care of all aspects on the ice.  Great effort, to a man ... except the sillies who chanted that rubbish in the stands.

Sections
Shortcuts