USA! USA! USA!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: USA! USA! USA!

In Response to Re: USA! USA! USA!:
    [QUOTE]They are saying montreal fans remained seated during the US National anthem, as well as keeping their hats on.. I would guess that was the heart of the USA chant.. So while it is indeed stupid, most of the bruins being canadien, Its understandable.. Montreal fans, show some class....
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

Can't show what you don't have! They're arrogant, ignorant frenchmen!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Sounds bad all around.  The USA chant was dumb.  It made the fans look dumb and does nothing for the players on the ice.  The Boston fans usually have funny, creative ideas ('Thank you Kessel') -- there should be something better to chant vs. the Habs than USA.

If it is true that Hab fans sit during the national anthem that is dumb too and incites conflict among the fans.  Respect eachother's country, for God's sake.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]As a Canadian Bruins fan that just annoyed me.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

As an American Bruins fan, I was embarassed.

Ignorant and classless. 

The only thing I can say is not as classless as boing a national anthem.

hmmm... on another note, if an American is a fan of a Canadian based team, is he in trouble with the Patriot Act?

What about a team that moved from let's say - Quebec to Colorado?  What about a team that  moved from Canada to the US - like Phoenix?

Finally, why not chant "Yankees sukc"   ?  oh wait, that could be construed as anti-patriotic, I mean the Taliban could be chaning yankees sukc if they see Americans, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds bad all around.  The USA chant was dumb.  It made the fans look dumb and does nothing for the players on the ice.  The Boston fans usually have funny, creative ideas ('Thank you Kessel') -- there should be something better to chant vs. the Habs than USA. If it is true that Hab fans sit during the national anthem that is dumb too and incites conflict among the fans.  Respect eachother's country, for God's sake.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Between the Habs fans booing te National Anthem, Having the best american goalie in the league, and habs fans sitting on their hands during our national anthem.

A USA chant doesnt sound that stupid to me. Dont forget theres a rivalry between the fans not just the teams!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if you pump enough beer and testosterone into any group of US citizens- this will inevitably happen. it is ignorant but not classless...montreal fans have cornered the market on classlessness(booing another nations anthem)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]It was the Boston fans chanting against the Montreal fans. It made perfect sense.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I don't understand what "made perfect sense."

a) Boston fans?  b) Fans of the city of Boston?  c) Or fans of the Boston Bruins?  d) Or fans that live in Boston?

a) all 'Boston fans' are not necessarily Bruins fans.
    b) why are fans of cities chanting at hockey games?
    c) but fans of the Boston Bruins may not be U.S. citizens, there were several people from Canada who were bruins fans attending.
    d) and I know of several people living in Boston who are fans of the Canadiens.

How exactly does the USA chant make "perfect sense"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA! USA! USA! : I don't understand what "made perfect sense." a) Boston fans?  b) Fans of the city of Boston?  c) Or fans of the Boston Bruins?  d) Or fans that live in Boston? a) all 'Boston fans' are not necessarily Bruins fans. b) why are fans of cities chanting at hockey games? c) but fans of the Boston Bruins may not be U.S. citizens, there were several people from Canada who were bruins fans attending. d) and I know of several people living in Boston who are fans of the Canadiens. How exactly does the USA chant make "perfect sense"?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Right because 17,000 people a large % of which were intoxicated all collectively thought this out....

Or Maybe someone just yelled "USA" at a habs fan and it caught on. Sorry it offended you guys yeeesh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I agree, to be fair, that the chant probably started when some clown in a Canadiens jersey stood up and acted like a jerk.

But still, acting like that rivalry is in any way competition between the two countries is absurd.

My second favorite hockey team is the Edmonton Oilers.  Has been for two decades.  I've never once thought that I am rooting for Canada instead of the USA by cheering for them.  I just like the team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Chanting USA at a game between two NHL club teams (with players of various Nationalities on each roster) makes no sense to me at all.  Being a Canadian (not Canadien) and a fan of the B's, hearing that chant makes me feel somewhat embarrassed that other B's fans are so ignorant to reality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

For the record, I don't think there is anything stupid about chanting "USA" regardless of the setting..  In Boston, and all US cities, they play the canadien national anthem in honor of the visiting them when they are in town, i would expect visiting fans to show similar respect.. If they aren't and your rebuttal is to chant USA in their face it seem highly appropriate to me..

I think NAS was on part though, most bruins fans know a majority of the team is canadian.. I also don't see why this is a big topic of debate..

And for the record though a good number of fans are intoxicated, its not a high of a percentage, everyone ends up with a couple jerks around them, but in a section of 15 rows and a row of 20 people your talking about 5 out of 300 people..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA! USA! USA! : I don't understand what "made perfect sense." a) Boston fans?  b) Fans of the city of Boston?  c) Or fans of the Boston Bruins?  d) Or fans that live in Boston? a) all 'Boston fans' are not necessarily Bruins fans. b) why are fans of cities chanting at hockey games? c) but fans of the Boston Bruins may not be U.S. citizens, there were several people from Canada who were bruins fans attending. d) and I know of several people living in Boston who are fans of the Canadiens. How exactly does the USA chant make "perfect sense"?

The team plays in Boston.
      All Boston fans are not Bruins fans, but most Bostonians at a Bruins game are.
      Boston is in the USA.
      The opposition, who received a total beatdown, was from a different country.

Did someone's feelings get hurt?  No one was chanting anything like "F Montreal" or "Canada Scks".   That would be disrespectful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadBear. Show BigBadBear's posts

You guys blow everything so out of proportion, sure it wasnt the most thought out chant ever but when your at a game and its like last nights the emotions just get the best of you. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Chanting USA at a game between two NHL club teams  (with players of various Nationalities on each roster) makes no sense to me at all.  Being a Canadian (not Canadien) and a fan of the B's, hearing that chant makes me feel somewhat embarrassed that other B's fans are so ignorant to reality.
    Posted by misterpaulo[/QUOTE]

Seems its only teh Canadian b's fans getting offended. Ease up NAS said it they didnt Canada sucks, they didnt boo its national anthem.

That would be classless and ignorant, not chanting USA.

USA ! USA ! USA ! - /> Feels good to chant that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA! USA! USA! : Seems its only teh Canadian b's fans getting offended. Ease up NAS said it they didnt Canada sucks, they didnt boo its national anthem. That would be classless and ignorant, not chanting USA. USA ! USA ! USA ! - /> Feels good to chant that.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

Except I live in MA and I was embarassed, but not offended.

It was stupid.

Equally stupid would have been "Yankess sukc!" at a Rangers game.

The same fans that brought us
    "Thank you Kessel"
    are better than this - I was there and chanting that.  I squashed USA where I could influence.

It's just the wrong chant, simple as that.

I have high standards, "Thank you Kessel" was brilliant.  We need more of that and less of the old tired stupid chants.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Ok maybe I am over reacting just a little.  I still don't see the relevance of chanting a COUNTRIES slogan at an NHL game.  I've never heard the chant when the Sens, Leafs, Flames, Oilers or the Couve comes a calling.  Next time the Raptors show up to the Garden for their bi-monthly beatdown please rain USA chants on those losers and maybe I'll start feeling better about the whole thing!  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA! USA! USA! : Except I live in MA and I was embarassed, but not offended. It was stupid. Equally stupid would have been "Yankess sukc!" at a Rangers game. The same fans that brought us "Thank you Kessel" are better than this - I was there and chanting that.  I squashed USA where I could influence. It's just the wrong chant, simple as that. I have high standards, "Thank you Kessel" was brilliant.  We need more of that and less of the old tired stupid chants.

How did you squash the chant where you could?  Did you hold a table in front of them until they cried to the usher?

It would make no sense if the game was against the Blues.     In this instance, it was, "Hey city in Canada, this city in the USA has gotten the better of your club tonight!" 

It completely makes sense to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA! USA! USA! : How did you squash the chant where you could?  Did you hold a table in front of them until they cried to the usher?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

LOL! I dont think anyone here but you would have remembered that.

I get what badhab is saying I think it was just the heat of the moment + veterans night + the team is named "Canadiens".....  It doesnt reflect poorly just shows the fans are into even if the chant wasn't genius like "thank you kessel"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]Ok maybe I am over reacting just a little.  I still don't see the relevance of chanting a COUNTRIES slogan at an NHL game.  I've never heard the chant when the Sens, Leafs, Flames, Oilers or the Couve comes a calling.  Next time the Raptors show up to the Garden for their bi-monthly beatdown please rain USA chants on those losers and maybe I'll start feeling better about the whole thing!  

Paulo,
    if they disrespect the anthem I would expect so see something similar.. Disrespecting the anthem, can be taken as disrespecting the country, countering with a USA chant can be seen as showing support, it was a rub back..
    Montreal fans have a history of these kind of acts..It was a rubbing, not abig deal.. no one should be "offended by it"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

These Hab losers who disrespect the US anthem are effed up to another degree and probably snub the Canadian anthem too if it's not sung in french.  To the rest of Canada, these clowns have no place at all.

If you really want to hit these punks where it hurts poke fun at the fleur-de-lis.  The rest of Canada wouldn't mind at all. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Or.....

"Poutine sux" would work as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Or..... "Poutine sux" would work as well.

Well that would just be a lie.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

How about....

"Mom is a stripper" - clap...clap....clap, clap,clap

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

OK, it doesn't make sense at hockey games, but somehow it makes sense for me now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Could it have something to do with today's major news headline?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

They can chant USA all they want. I am a patriotic Canadian if people are proud of their country then they (Americans) can chant. Now that they caught and redeem the 9/11 incident go ahead and chant USA USA. I am proud and content that the SOB Ben Laden is finish and done. Thank you USA for getting the terrorist.

Sections
Shortcuts