USA! USA!:SOLO=THOMAS, WAMBACH =CHARA, WOMENS SOCCER TEAM =BRUINS/1980 OLYMPIC HOCKEY TEAM?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

USA! USA!:SOLO=THOMAS, WAMBACH =CHARA, WOMENS SOCCER TEAM =BRUINS/1980 OLYMPIC HOCKEY TEAM?

sorry for the imagery, but if tim thomas was balless, great-looking and a woman, he would be hope solo. COULDNT BELIEVE MY EYES. DOWN BY 1 WITH 30 SECONDS left in overtime AND DOWN A PLAYER DUE TO 2 OF THE MOST bogus calls i have ever seen in my life. heck the Us had 3 of the worse calls on one sequence i have ever seen, plus a fourth with the clear offsides call that was missed on the second Brazilian goal. the 3 were the foul, the red card and the disallowed save. still they grinded and got even better as they dug deeper and deeper to equalize things. that header by wambach will live forever! textbook! they were playing the most talented and athletically gifted team in the tournament as well. then they hit 5 straight perfect penalty kicks as my my girl hope made a perfect save to win and advance to the semis. almost reminded me of the sox in 2004 in yankee stadium, the pats in 2001 versus oakland or the bruins throughout this year's playoffs. lebron james should have been taking notes. 

they should beat sweden in the hottest finals in recent memory! US has lost at everything lately: obama, economy, golf, tennis and so forth. we need these gals to restore some good old US pride and dignity. even the german home crowd started chanting USA USA as the game went on after booing and being indifferent for most of it. this was the best of the US, good to see the dark clouds havent totally engulfed us. its all about the grind, not giving up and playing all the minutes hard.

i digress.. but HOPE SOLO IS THE HOTTEST WOMAN ALIVE on this planet! Hope makes me want to go solo with or without her. then again who wouldnt wanna go solo with hope? brady can learn a lot about how to carry oneself as an attractive athlete while still being properly macho.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: USA! USA!, IS HOPE SOLO THE NEXT TIM THOMAS, ARE THE WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM THE NEXT BRUINS?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: USA! USA!, IS HOPE SOLO THE NEXT TIM THOMAS, ARE THE WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM THE NEXT BRUINS?

I'll bet 99.9% of the regular posters on this board didn't even know the game was being played: and 100% didn't watch it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

You would be incorrect, Sir.

It was a great match (if even I got excited about it). Soccer is fairly relatable to hockey (moreso than just about any other sport), and you can't beat international competitions (save for the WBC, which is lame).

...and CC, the header by Wambach was great, but give some props to Rapinoe. That was a brilliant delivery.

Not nearly as good as the Stanley Cup, but a great moment for US sports for sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: USA! USA!, IS HOPE SOLO THE NEXT TIM THOMAS, ARE THE WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM THE NEXT BRUINS?:
    [QUOTE]You would be incorrect, Sir. It was a great match (if even I got excited about it). Soccer is fairly relatable to hockey (moreso than just about any other sport), and you can't beat international competitions (save for the WBC, which is lame). ...and CC, the header by Wambach was great, but give some props to Rapinoe. That was a brilliant delivery. Not nearly as good as the Stanley Cup, but a great moment for US sports for sure.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it as well.  That cross by Rapinoe was a beauty.  I wouldn't consider myself a huge soccer fan but I do enjoy the game.  But I really only find myself watching it during the World Cup or the Olympics.  MLS is a joke and I really don't care about watching the European League games.

But I agree, the US Women's win over Brazil was one the best games I've seen all year.  Right up there with Game 7 vs TB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

I don't see the analogies but I am a soccer fan.  They need to work some replay in (e.g., look at what Thierry Henry got away with in that WC qualifier versus Ireland) and give out cards for simulation more often, though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"But I really only find myself watching it during the World Cup or the Olympics"
    Ding ! this is correct for me too, although I will watch the EPL.

Not huge on Soccer but always follow the World Cups.
    I don't watch horse racing but will follow the Triple Crown.
    Don't watch golf but will watch the Masters or if the Ryder comes to the final. rounds (The Battle of Brookline was one of the great things I've ever watched).

It's called being a casual fan, and I have no problem with it. That is why you won't hear me complaining about all the folks who "became" Bruins fans this past season. You don't have to be uber-fan to enjoy some sports casually. I love hockey and baseball and consider myself a big fan, but I'm entirely a casual NFL fan. I don't like the NBA and wouldn't consider myself a fan at all, the players have outgrown the court.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: USA! USA!, IS HOPE SOLO THE NEXT TIM THOMAS, ARE THE WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM THE NEXT BRUINS?:
    [QUOTE]"But I really only find myself watching it during the World Cup or the Olympics" Ding ! this is correct for me too, although I will watch the EPL. Not huge on Soccer but always follow the World Cups. I don't watch horse racing but will follow the Triple Crown. Don't watch golf but will watch the Masters or if the Ryder comes to the final. rounds (The Battle of Brookline was one of the great things I've ever watched). It's called being a casual fan, and I have no problem with it. That is why you won't hear me complaining about all the folks who "became" Bruins fans this past season. You don't have to be uber-fan to enjoy some sports casually. I love hockey and baseball and consider myself a big fan, but I'm entirely a casual NFL fan. I don't like the NBA and wouldn't consider myself a fan at all, the players have outgrown the court.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way.  I'm an NFL, MLB, NHL and college hockey fan.  But, I enjoy major sporting events.  The Olympics (especially the Winter Games) are my favorite sporting event....always has been since I was a little kid.  The European soccer leagues are great I just don't spend the time pay attention.  But the World Cup is fantastic: so much elite talent on the field with the players playing for pride.  Nothing better.  It's the same reason the Olympic Hockey has been so good since the NHL'ers came in.

I follow all the major golf and tennis matches (and yes, the Battle of Brookline was one the greatest sporting moments I've ever seen either).  I used to enjoy boxing but it's not what it used to be.  As for basketball, I don't really enjoy the NBA anymore.  I root for the Celtics and watch a few games here and there.  But I don't really follow it until the playoffs if the C's are in it.  Seeing Lebron lose this year was great though!

I don't follow auto racing or horse racing.  But I do enjoy watching the Winter and Summer X-Games and the random skiing competitions that they show on NBC during the winter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

solo's complexion might improve if she laid off the makeup.  honestly, what other sports have the particpants wearing makeup?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: USA! USA!: IS HOPE SOLO THE NEXT TIM THOMAS, IS THE WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM THE NEXT BRUINS?

This is a hockey board. If you wanna talk about soccer go to the Revolution board. It's probably time you went back to the Red Sox board too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]You would be incorrect, Sir. It was a great match (if even I got excited about it). Soccer is fairly relatable to hockey (moreso than just about any other sport), and you can't beat international competitions (save for the WBC, which is lame). ...and CC, the header by Wambach was great, but give some props to Rapinoe. That was a brilliant delivery. Not nearly as good as the Stanley Cup, but a great moment for US sports for sure.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]IMAGINE if the bruins in game 7 vs tampa were down a man with 30 seconds left in tampa and had a march from their own end where they controlled the puck and marchand sent in the perfect cross over to chara who uses his body to shield off the defender..  it would never outlive our memories.. btw, espn picked that header as the FIFTH AS THE MOST DRAMATIC MOMENT IN AMERICAN SPORTS HISTORY. buckner's play was #6, joe carter's WS winning HR was #4 and US olympic hockey team in 1980 was #1.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: USA! USA!: IS HOPE SOLO THE NEXT TIM THOMAS, IS THE WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM THE NEXT BRUINS?

In Response to Re: USA! USA!: IS HOPE SOLO THE NEXT TIM THOMAS, IS THE WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM THE NEXT BRUINS?:
    [QUOTE]This is a hockey board. If you wanna talk about soccer go to the Revolution board. It's probably time you went back to the Red Sox board too.
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]ummm, there is no REVOLUTION board.. good try though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

How many times are you going to post this. At least take the Brady part out when you post it on a Bruins forum dumb @ss. And the goalie wasn't that hot, relax

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Women's soccer? Umm...who gives a sh.it? Really.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Im a sports freak.  I grew up playing all types of sports and played into college.  I watch as much as I can without actually putting aside LIFE to watch.

The match was a great match, but hockey it was not.  It was a single game, not a 25 game run in two months.  HUGE difference.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: USA! USA!: IS HOPE SOLO THE NEXT TIM THOMAS, IS THE WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM THE NEXT BRUINS?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA! USA!: IS HOPE SOLO THE NEXT TIM THOMAS, IS THE WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM THE NEXT BRUINS? : ummm, there is no REVOLUTION board.. good try though.
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Umm, ya there is. There's like 5 people over there that you can annoy.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=Forum&plckForumId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a10625

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I enjoy the game, though I can't see the comparison to the Bruins. I have season tickets to the Whitecaps of MLS, and take in a few women's side games too. That encroachment call was horrendous. Amazing cross by Rapinoe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Very few people here on the BOSTON BRUINS HOCKEY board are interested in soccer, much less women's soccer.

How about taking Soccer Talk someplace where someone cares about the world's most boring "sport?"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA! USA!: IS HOPE SOLO THE NEXT TIM THOMAS, IS THE WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM THE NEXT BRUINS? : ummm, there is no REVOLUTION board.. good try though.

Actually there is. It's called "Revolution/Soccer". Good try though. Back to the Red Sox board with you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Worst thread of 2011.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: USA! USA!: HOPE SOLO=THOMAS, ABBY WAMBACH=CHARA, WOMENS WORLD CUP TEAM=BRUINS/1980 HOCKEY TEAM?

[QUOTE]Very few people here on the BOSTON BRUINS HOCKEY board are interested in soccer, much less women's soccer. How about taking Soccer Talk someplace where someone cares about the world's most boring "sport?"
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]hey, those who live in glass houses... there are many who feel that hockey is as boring as soccer. i personally grew up on soccer and am attracted to hockey for the way its SIMILAR to soccer! both can be very exciting as th ebruins proved all thru the playoffs and the women have proven in their world cup run! not about gender, about excitememt.. both bring the same energy and level of commitment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]How many times are you going to post this. At least take the Brady part out when you post it on a Bruins forum dumb @ss. And the goalie wasn't that hot, relax
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]HOPE DISAGREES:

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Earth to Crazy Person: you are on a hockey forum.

PS: you would seem a hair less crazy if someone would show you where the "CAPS LOCK" button is.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: USA! USA!: IS HOPE SOLO THE NEXT TIM THOMAS, IS THE WOMENS WORLD CUP SOCCER TEAM THE NEXT BRUINS? : hey, those who live in glass houses... there are many who feel that hockey is as boring as soccer. i personally grew up on soccer and am attracted to hockey for the way its SIMILAR to soccer! both can be very exciting as th ebruins proved all thru the playoffs and the women have proven in their world cup run! not about gender, about excitememt.. both bring the same energy and level of commitment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kivvak. Show kivvak's posts

If you want to talk womens soccer, go to the Ellen DeGeneres fan page.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I like the sport, but this isn't the place.

Sections
Shortcuts