USA!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

USA!!!

It seems like all of Canada is behind the Canucks.  It's clear that the media up there is.  Everything I keep reading is that most fans of the few other Canadian teams are pulling for the first Canadian victory since 1993. 

Can we now say that it's country vs. country?  There are a lot of Canadians on the Bruins, yet their countrymen are rooting (and writing and speaking) against them.  The Canadian fans don't care that Bergeron and Lucic are from Canada.  They care that the Canucks play in Canada. 

I hope the USA chants ring out at Game 6.   I'd love it if they were to ring out at Game 5!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Re: USA!!!

IDK Nas, judging by HF Boards and TSN comments it sounds like ALOT of canadians have taken to hate the Canucks during this series.

Im astounded at the amount of Habs fans that say even they are rooting for the B's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Nah, it's still dumb. 

And in many ways it is an insult to the many (although a minority) Canadian Bruins fans.  Our whole team is Canadian too, save for a few guys.  It just makes no sense.  If the goal is just to p*ss off the opposing fans, there are plenty of other chants that do the job, and also make some sense.

It would be another thing if we were talking about a country with hostile relations too.  I love Canada.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: USA!!!:
    Nah, it's still dumb.  And in many ways it is an insult to the many (although a minority) Canadian Bruins fans.  Our whole team is Canadian too, save for a few guys.  It just makes no sense.  If the goal is just to p*ss off the opposing fans, there are plenty of other chants that do the job, and also make some sense. It would be another thing if we were talking about a country with hostile relations too.  I love Canada.
    Posted by Fletcher1

If fans of a hockey team are insulted by ANYTHING, they need to take off their pink lace jerseys and the cute pink hats and return to watching baseball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Voted no, much prefer supporting the Boston Bruins.  I'll save my "USA" chants for international competition. 

Also not looking to have my point-of-view shaped by a country that has the same population as California.  No offense to my neighbors to the north, also not looking for 36 million nutty Californians to shape my perspective.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsNo16. Show HabsNo16's posts

In Response to Re: USA!!! : If fans of a hockey team are insulted by ANYTHING, they need to take off their pink lace jerseys and the cute pink hats and return to watching baseball.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

But we dont have baseball here anymore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: USA!!! : If fans of a hockey team are insulted by ANYTHING, they need to take off their pink lace jerseys and the cute pink hats and return to watching baseball.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

But what the chant is saying to those fans is that, this is not about the Bruins and our shared love of the team, where ever you may be from.  This is about our country - the USA - and you are not a part of it.

I'm not trying to play the sensitive angle -- it just doesn't make any sense. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Why try to alienate other Bruins fans because they are not Americans.The coverage has been BS in Canada I would agree but why turn this into a fight between countries, politics has no buisness in sports, period !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I voted no becuase I'm in agreeance with Crowls that I save USA chants for international play as well. I do get the resentment that I also have for TSN and CBC and NHL Live radio cheering for the VanHoovers during their broadcasts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

CDN     AMERICAN    GERMAN, CHECH        WHEN YOU PUT ON THE BRUIN SWEATER YOU ARE JUST A BOSTON BRUIN

2 more wins  !!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

This.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to USA!!!:
    It seems like all of Canada is behind the Canucks.  It's clear that the media up there is.  Everything I keep reading is that most fans of the few other Canadian teams are pulling for the first Canadian victory since 1993.  Can we now say that it's country vs. country?  There are a lot of Canadians on the Bruins, yet their countrymen are rooting (and writing and speaking) against them.  The Canadian fans don't care that Bergeron and Lucic are from Canada.  They care that the Canucks play in Canada.  I hope the USA chants ring out at Game 6.   I'd love it if they were to ring out at Game 5!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Nas. I assure you it's the media MOSTLY. Living here in Calgary the only fans cheering for the Nuks are Nuks fans. My buddies who live in Edmonton tell me the B's are being cheered constantly.  In Atlantic Canada I can assure you the B's are being cheered for far more than the Nuks! Newfoundland? With Ryder on the team; you can bet where they're heart lies.
    The only province that's overwhelming the B's is in BC. Like I said it's the national media that's all for the Canuck's. Don't let them be the reason for the USA chant. Boston fans have class & it's quite obvious Vancouver don't!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I could care less although I find it amusing and makes me laugh . It doesn't bother me if they chant it or not. 
    If I'm at game you'll not hear me chant U.S.A U.S.A nor Go Canada Go.
    Therefore I could not say yes or no.  You left me no other choice.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Why try to alienate other Bruins fans because they are not Americans.The coverage has been BS in Canada I would agree but why turn this into a fight between countries, politics has no buisness in sports, period !
    Posted by john6345

As a Canadian I agree, keep this B-ess to itself.

The freakin Prime Minister was shown at the game on CBC last night, wonderful for our tax dollars to take care of this and your tax dollars as well, because you know this would have cost a bit to have a security that would have been heightened because of it.  What a joke.

Like TT, I also don't need anyone to tell me: that I should cheer for a Canadian team, or that I can't cheer for an American team. Save that for the worlds or the Olympics.  I have been cheering for Boston long before I knew that they were from another country, it did not matter then and sure as he!! does not matter now.  I am just so glad that Orr never started with nor ever played for the habnots or I would not have suffered as much or more grief than any Bostonian the last 40 years.  I would probably say more as most people I know have been habnot fans and then the others are Leaf fans, and that is all pure grief 365 days a year when you are losing, there is no letup or wait til next year, it is grief every freakin day you see your freakin neighbour or even family.

I am not a Bostonian, I am a Bruin through and through.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

All this "Vancouver Is Canada's Team" is a lot of crap, guys.  You know it's a media created rallying cry meant to lure viewers to Canadian-based broadcasts.  I was listening to this topic yesterday on THE FAN 590 and a western Canada correspondent for RogersSportsNet was saying outside of British Columbia, the "Bring The Cup Home To Canada" theme largely doesn't register the further east you go especially with the knowledge of the Bruins having more Canadians on the roster than the Canucks. 

It would be a stretch to suggest that team represents any local interests for folks here in Toronto and perhaps Montreal.  They are Vancouver's team buoyed by the self-interests of the national sports media outlets up here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Still stupid to chant that when most of our team is from canada

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: USA!!! : But what the chant is saying to those fans is that, this is not about the Bruins and our shared love of the team, where ever you may be from.  This is about our country - the USA - and you are not a part of it. I'm not trying to play the sensitive angle -- it just doesn't make any sense. 
    Posted by Fletcher1

If there is a Bruins fan in Ontario who has never lived in or around Boston, who has never felt the heartbeat of the city and still chooses to cheer for a team in another country, he can either put up with the local fans who take pride in their city, state and country, or he can cheer for closest team to him.

Them's the breaks, my friend. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

In Response to USA!!!:
    It seems like all of Canada is behind the Canucks.  It's clear that the media up there is.  Everything I keep reading is that most fans of the few other Canadian teams are pulling for the first Canadian victory since 1993.  Can we now say that it's country vs. country?  There are a lot of Canadians on the Bruins, yet their countrymen are rooting (and writing and speaking) against them.  The Canadian fans don't care that Bergeron and Lucic are from Canada.  They care that the Canucks play in Canada.  I hope the USA chants ring out at Game 6.   I'd love it if they were to ring out at Game 5!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

All Canadian Bruin Fans Just don`t post online. But there are Vancouver fans around

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No USA chant needed. Just a Bruins chant. If Herb Brooks were conducting practice and kept asking them who they play for, if he's waiting for brad Marchand to reply United States Of America, then that whole team will collapse from exhaustion.
    If you havent' seen Miracle then my post makes no sense. I have Miracle right up there with 61* as two of the best sports movies I have ever seen..We are real Bruins fans, If the B's were eliminated and the Lightning were playing the Nuks in the Final, I wouldnt be rooting for either team...well maybe Vancouver since they havent won and i dont beleive hockey belongs in Tampa but that would be the extent of it..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to USA!!!:
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Actually from what I read on different forums here  I would say the support for the Nucks is from mostly Nuck fans.. God Bless them, they have never won a thing and actually don't know how to handle it quite frankly..

Yes, I agree the media in general is playing the Canadian thing but mostly it is for ratings, TSN and CBC the main culprits .. Been a while since a Canadian team has been in the finals.. I know that Ontario and Eastern Canada folks , and some in Edmonton and Calgary do not feel that Vancouver is Canada's team and resent the media from claiming them as such. In Toronto I know there is a mass of Bruins fans , because when the Bruins come to town they show up strong.. And Eastern Canada for sure has a lot of fans of the Bruins with Marchand and Ryder being local favourites..

Ever since the biting incident the diving , and finally the Horton hit a lot of lustre has come off the Nucks up here from true hockey fans who see this team as bush league for their antics... Bruins have more Canadians than the Nucks which is a laugh.. GO BRUINS!! Not a USA vs Canada issue at all..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: USA!!! : If there is a Bruins fan in Ontario who has never lived in or around Boston, who has never felt the heartbeat of the city and still chooses to cheer for a team in another country, he can either put up with the local fans who take pride in their city, state and country, or he can cheer for closest team to him. Them's the breaks, my friend. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

What about fans in the Maritimes that don't have an NHL team.  With this rationale you should only be cheering for TT and boo the Canadians on the team as well.  And what about Chara and all the other non-american/canadian players. 
    USA and Canada debate is dumb especially when the majority of the players on the Bruins and all the greats in the past are from Canada. 
    And an added point.  I wish I could live in Boston.  Easily my favorite place on earth.  But I unfortunately have no control over that. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Most of this "Canada's team" crapola is about the media and advertising.  At least two major banks are running pro-Canuck "bring it home" ad campaigns during games, and it's an easy story for them to tell - especially when it really is where the team is located that matters when you're talking about generating local revenue.  Some people in Canada buy it.  Pink hats.  Fans of any other Canadian team should have the cojos to want their team to bring the cup back to Canada.  But hey, that includes Leaf, Flame, and Scab fans, so why expect them to be sane.  Or honourable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

It is definitely a media driven event.  The bias is very obvious.  And what makes it worse is when its by the broadcasters I can't stand. 
    I understand them wanting the cup back in Canada.  Well they will visit more Canadian cities this summer when the Bruins win.  Lord I will even take my little fella to see Brad when he brings it home.  My little guys cousin is good friends and graudated school with him and my Sgt. coached him in hockey. 
    When I see him I am telling him to get Raffi here next year. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: USA!!! : What about fans in the Maritimes that don't have an NHL team.  With this rationale you should only be cheering for TT and boo the Canadians on the team as well.  And what about Chara and all the other non-american/canadian players.  USA and Canada debate is dumb especially when the majority of the players on the Bruins and all the greats in the past are from Canada.  And an added point.  I wish I could live in Boston.  Easily my favorite place on earth.  But I unfortunately have no control over that. 
    Posted by shuperman

Shupe, are you going to be insulted or have hurt feelings if the people in Boston, Massachusetts, USA fill the arena and chant "USA USA USA" as their team put a beating on a team from Canada?

That's my point.  I'm sure you're not going to have Geico Caveman sourpuss if they rowdy group of mostly Americans cheers for the team that is in their country in a game against a team from another country!  It's not the Olympics, but that doesn't change the fact that it's an American team vs. a Canadian team.

Sections
Shortcuts