Vancouver classy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Vancouver classy

In response to 49-North's comment:

Nice to hear that..LOL

As you know, Red, the vast, overwhelming percentage of Canucks fans did not participate in the riot.  There were people who went downtown that day with hammers and jars of gasoline in their backpacks.  They had a specific agenda to cause havoc, knowing that they would be able to rope in drunk hockey fans (thus, the images of yobs in Canuck jerseys) into the mayhem.  

It saddens me to no end that images of burning cars (to clarify, there were no buildings burned down during the riot, though there were broken windows and looting) form a lasting image of my city.

What says more, I think, about the passion of hockey fans in Vancouver, is this photo:

http://www.gigapixel.com/image/gigapan-canucks-g7.html

I wonder how many other NHL cities would attract this many people to an open-air viewing of the games?

You gotta admit though 49, that after two years this kind of crap does not help our city's image. They gotta let it go.

And to answer your question - check out some of the Jets footage from the Forks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And 49 to expand a bit on my point, every time something like this gets brought up to the greater public it tarnishes the city's image once again, bringing up images of the riot and casting the city collectively as sore losers.

We both know that's not the case entirely. When people think of Van, I want them to think about Deep Cove, Grouse Mountain, the Endowment Lands, False Creek, Granville Island, Stanley Park, Cates Park, Commercial Drive, Burnaby Mountain, Gas Town etc. I don't want them to be thinking about idiots like this, and the only way that will happen is if we collectively tell them to sit down and Shut. The. F--k. Up!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Try buying a house there....insane. 

I know, crazy....especially since it will cease to exist once the work leaves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In response to red75's comment:

And 49 to expand a bit on my point, every time something like this gets brought up to the greater public it tarnishes the city's image once again, bringing up images of the riot and casting the city collectively as sore losers.

We both know that's not the case entirely. When people think of Van, I want them to think about Deep Cove, Grouse Mountain, the Endowment Lands, False Creek, Granville Island, Stanley Park, Cates Park, Commercial Drive, Burnaby Mountain, Gas Town etc. I don't want them to be thinking about idiots like this, and the only way that will happen is if we collectively tell them to sit down and Shut. The. F--k. Up!

Don't forget my Steveston!

Yeah, Red, it reflects badly on normal-thinking hockey fans.  You know that I don't support any of the negativity we've seen here in Vancouver. What bothers me, however, is when some people in this forum paint everyone in Vancouver with the same brush.  I think anyone can agree that only a very tiny percentage of the fans in that gigapixel photo actually participated in the riot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Don't forget my Steveston!

Yeah, Red, it reflects badly on normal-thinking hockey fans.  You know that I don't support any of the negativity we've seen here in Vancouver. What bothers me, however, is when some people in this forum paint everyone in Vancouver with the same brush.  I think anyone can agree that only a very tiny percentage of the fans in that gigapixel photo actually participated in the riot.

Best fish n' chips in the Lower Mainland ;)

But it's easy for people to cast everyone with the same brush if morons like tis keep piping up.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The rioters are only a part of the idiocy of Vancouverites.  There are those, like yourself 49, who have suggested (multiple times) that Aaron Rome should have been suspended.

There are plenty of people there who cheer for hockey pukes like Lapierre and Burrows...and Matt Cooke in the past. 

Blind rioters who love rats.  That's who lives in Vancouver.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Vancouver fans tried destroying their city after a loss I can only imagine what they would do after a win.

Those weren't fans.  The fans were the thousands who showed up the next day to clean up.

photo vancouver-riots.jpg

Looks like  a Vancouver Fan to me.

But go ahead, make the point that the good guys are fans and the bad guys arent.

http://youbeenblinded.com/boston-celtics-fans-riot-after-victory

Angels living in Boston indeed ...LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

What relevence does this have to a Bruins forum? Do you have any Bruins videos of Bruins fans rioting?

Oh, looky here, we have some habs fans rioting..Please understand the poor video quality since technology has come a long way since the Habs last wont he Cup. It's the only one I could find that was in color, HAHAHA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5iJQDZeElw

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What relevence does this have to a Bruins forum? Do you have any Bruins videos of Bruins fans rioting?

Oh, looky here, we have some habs fans rioting..Please understand the poor video quality since technology has come a long way since the Habs last wont he Cup. It's the only one I could find that was in color, HAHAHA!

[/QUOTE

ahahhahaha what's your point? morons come from everywhere... even from Boston...so stop losing your time showing me videos that i won't look at... have a nice evening enjoy life NOW before your team starts playing golf and please stop bashing your team every time they lose it's really pitiful...try to be proud instead...if you can....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Kel, the video that troll provided didn't even look like a riot as far as I'm concerned. It looked much like a regular Friday night outside the clubs in many big cities. Mind you, I only watched the opening minute and got too bored to continue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Luanne7's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

ahahhahaha what's your point? morons come from everywhere... even in Boston...so stop losing your time showing me videos that i won't look at... have a nice evening enjoy life NOW before your team starts playing golf

I'm surprised you can get wireless service under your bridge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Kel, the video that troll provided didn't even look like a riot as far as I'm concerned. It looked much like a regular Friday night outside the clubs in many big cities. Mind you, I only watched the opening minute and got too bored to continue.

if I remember a girl died in one of Boston's riots... pathetic

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[/QUOTE

... have a nice evening enjoy life NOW before your team starts playing golf

Thanks very much.  The very same to you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

ahahhahaha what's your point? morons come from everywhere... even from Boston...so stop losing your time showing me videos that i won't look at... have a nice evening enjoy life NOW before your team starts playing golf and please stop bashing your team every time they lose it's really pitiful...try to be proud instead...if you can....

Find one post where I bash the team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

And before telling me it's been 20 years since the Habs won the cup... just remember how many years the bruins were without winning it..hope for you it won't take another 40 years..for the seventh one LOL...asta la vista baby!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Find one post where I bash the team.

It's full here of negative posts...when the Bruins lose...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

if I remember a girl died in one of Boston's rioting... pathetic

Somebody died while I was typing this post. Are you going to try to tie that to rioting also? BTW, is it a rule amongst you trolls that you post misinformation? You don't seem to know what you're talking about. Perhaps it's because you have trouble with speaking english. Either way, good luck to the Habs. It must be disheartening to have won nothing in the last 20 years.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Nas I know you hate the guy, but this is another classy example of a  Canuck fan too. This was so freakin awesome that Thornton was in the studio! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjRiUOWqwyw

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Victoria_Snelgrove

End of it... bye bye !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hey guys, if I ever try to use Wiki as evidence of anything, feel free to laugh in my face. Oh what a life these trolls must lead. It's really sad when you think about it. There's not enough poutine in Montreal to wash away the stench of Luanne's posts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Hey guys, if I ever try to use Wiki as evidence of anything, feel free to laugh in my face. Oh what a life these trolls must lead. It's really sad when you think about it. There's not enough poutine in Montreal to wash away the stench of Luanne's posts.

LMAO!

Thx Dez, now I'm craving poutine.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Nas I know you hate the guy, but this is another classy example of a  Canuck fan too. This was so freakin awesome that Thornton was in the studio! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjRiUOWqwyw

That piece is a beauty. ST can use words as well as fists.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The rioters are only a part of the idiocy of Vancouverites.  There are those, like yourself 49, who have suggested (multiple times) that Aaron Rome should have been suspended.

There are plenty of people there who cheer for hockey pukes like Lapierre and Burrows...and Matt Cooke in the past. 

Blind rioters who love rats.  That's who lives in Vancouver.

And, there are people who cheer for hockey pukes like Marchand, as well. 

But they're wonderful people, right??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

And before telling me it's been 20 years since the Habs won the cup... just remember how many years the bruins were without winning it..hope for you it won't take another 40 years..for the seventh one LOL...asta la vista baby!!

Well let's see it's been 1 yr since the Bruins won the cup 20 for the Habs end of story and I'm positive it'll be another 20 yrs.

Sections
Shortcuts