Vancouver Cowards...U can't argue it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Vancouver Cowards...U can't argue it.

49 North and anyone else here who thinks their team is not a bunch of cowards. They are. Ryan Kesler is a fantastic player, take him on my team any day..Same with Cory Schneider, I'd love to have him in a Providence B's uniform, which is exactly where he would be since we have two goalies that are better....That being said, that team is a bunch of cowards. I'll give you examples.

1. Roberto Luongo. How does he not beg to play in that game? Because he was scared thats why. TD Banknorth his a house of horrors for him, and he should have circled Jan 7th on his calender as soon as the schedule came out. If the roles were reveresed you think Tom Thomas would have allowed CJ to start Tuuka? Not a chance, and thats why one has ring on his finger and the other one gets sereneded while riding the pine.

2. Alex Burrows. Puts his blade in Thorntons neck. Think this would of happened anywhere else in the world other than right in front of his bench during a line change? Real tough.
    3. Jannik Hansen. Had an oppurtunity to drop the gloves with Adam McQuaid. Declined. But he'll spear him in the groin when McQuaid is unsuspecting. The Canuck Way on full display.
    4. Dale Weise. Finally had a chance to line up and fight Shawn thornton. Nah, never mind. He'll just pull a Sean Avery. BTW, how long before Avery lands in a canuck uniform? Talk about a match made in heaven!!...Oh wait, Weise claims he was getting ready to go with McQuaid. Ha, yeah thats why the ref had to step in between you and Thornton...Oh, and the ref also giving you a two minute minor is his way of pretty much calling you a rat for what you did. He heard the conversation, he also saw you snacking on cat nip as soon as Thornton dropped his gloves. Dale Weise= Legitimate Tough Guy!
    5. Henrik Sedin. Speaking of cats. Watch the replay of the skirmish in front of the Van bench. Look how fast Henrik gets out of town. Like a cat running up a tree, even in numbers he shows his toughness. Maybe, just maybe thats why Marchand is allowed to jab your face repeatedly and Joe Thornton is allowed to literally poke you in the face several times without any consequences what so ever. How many other teams allow their captain and best player to be treated like that? What a team!

Yep the Marchand hit on Salo was shady. I won't argue that. But does he back away from anyone? Haven't seen that yet. 7 Canucks on one Bruin, yet they end up with a 5 on 3 power play while Lucic is unfairly thrown from the game. Hear any tears of sadness from us in Beantown? Any cars on fire? This why Vancouver will NEVER win a Cup.

Congrats on your regular season victory, you guys are such a team I'm sure you'll bond together and go down there and spank the Panthers....oops, wait a minute....

Nice TEAM you have there. Stay classy Vancouver.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Vancouver Cowards...U can't argue it.

Agree with most of your points except Henrik. The change was in the middle, if he'd stayed on there was a potential call on his teammate for leaving the bench and a potential 10 game suspension. Henrik did the only smart thing he could do without totally hosing his team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Cowards...U can't argue it.:
    [QUOTE]Agree with most of your points except Henrik. The change was in the middle, if he'd stayed on there was a potential call on his teammate for leaving the bench and a potential 10 game suspension. Henrik did the only smart thing he could do without totally hosing his team.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I'm sure thats why he got out of town. Hey if theres 7 of them out there, someone didnt complete the line change, didnt see one call on it. MEOW

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

In Response to Vancouver Cowards...U can't argue it.:
    [QUOTE]49 North and anyone else here who thinks their team is not a bunch of cowards. They are. Ryan Kesler is a fantastic player, take him on my team any day..Same with Cory Schneider, I'd love to have him in a Providence B's uniform, which is exactly where he would be since we have two goalies that are better....That being said, that team is a bunch of cowards. I'll give you examples. 1. Roberto Luongo. How does he not beg to play in that game? Because he was scared thats why. TD Banknorth his a house of horrors for him, and he should have circled Jan 7th on his calender as soon as the schedule came out. If the roles were reveresed you think Tom Thomas would have allowed CJ to start Tuuka? Not a chance, and thats why one has ring on his finger and the other one gets sereneded while riding the pine. 2. Alex Burrows. Puts his blade in Thorntons neck. Think this would of happened anywhere else in the world other than right in front of his bench during a line change? Real tough. 3. Jannik Hansen. Had an oppurtunity to drop the gloves with Adam McQuaid. Declined. But he'll spear him in the groin when McQuaid is unsuspecting. The Canuck Way on full display. 4. Dale Weise. Finally had a chance to line up and fight Shawn thornton. Nah, never mind. He'll just pull a Sean Avery. BTW, how long before Avery lands in a canuck uniform? Talk about a match made in heaven!!...Oh wait, Weise claims he was getting ready to go with McQuaid. Ha, yeah thats why the ref had to step in between you and Thornton...Oh, and the ref also giving you a two minute minor is his way of pretty much calling you a rat for what you did. He heard the conversation, he also saw you snacking on cat nip as soon as Thornton dropped his gloves. Dale Weise= Legitimate Tough Guy! 5. Henrik Sedin. Speaking of cats. Watch the replay of the skirmish in front of the Van bench. Look how fast Henrik gets out of town. Like a cat running up a tree, even in numbers he shows his toughness. Maybe, just maybe thats why Marchand is allowed to jab your face repeatedly and Joe Thornton is allowed to literally poke you in the face several times without any consequences what so ever. How many other teams allow their captain and best player to be treated like that? What a team! Yep the Marchand hit on Salo was shady. I won't argue that. But does he back away from anyone? Haven't seen that yet. 7 Canucks on one Bruin, yet they end up with a 5 on 3 power play while Lucic is unfairly thrown from the game. Hear any tears of sadness from us in Beantown? Any cars on fire? This why Vancouver will NEVER win a Cup. Congrats on your regular season victory, you guys are such a team I'm sure you'll bond together and go down there and spank the Panthers....oops, wait a minute....
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

All valid points.  + Lapdog jumping on Thornton and throwing gloved punches when he's already at the bottom of a Canuck pig pile.  I can guarantee he would never throw a punch at Thornton if he was able to defend himself.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

One of the best things I have ever heard was Marchand's response to Shanahan and AV, "I expect that if there are any more hits like this that they'll be penalized the same way. Otherwise, it will be a double-standard." This is great because he's saying that Vancouver does this all the time and he expects that they will get suspended for it now.
    Then Marchand comments on AV's threatening comments, "They are threatening, it sounds like a threat," Marchand said. "But, whatever." Translation: What's his team going to do to me? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]One of the best things I have ever heard was Marchand's response to Shanahan and AV, "I expect that if there are any more hits like this that they'll be penalized the same way. Otherwise, it will be a double-standard." This is great because he's saying that Vancouver does this all the time and he expects that they will get suspended for it now. Then Marchand comments on AV's threatening comments, "They are threatening, it sounds like a threat," Marchand said. "But, whatever." Translation: What's his team going to do to me? 
    Posted by dalexander2424[/QUOTE]

Is it even plausible that Marchand could play the way he does, and not make enemies throughout the league?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

At least Marchand didn't bite him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Cowards...U can't argue it. : Is it even plausible that Marchand could play the way he does, and not make enemies throughout the league?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

I expect him to make many more enemies, perhaps even rack up another suspension or two down the road. Your point?
    Be sure that I am not looking at this with my black n gold glasses. I thought what Marchand did was shady. I thought Lucic ran Miller and called him out for it. Did either player back away at either moment? One can argue wther Lucic was able to get out of the way. I for one think he could have. But there is no doubt he answered the bell the following game. Hansen speared another player in the groin.On purpose. That cannot be debated. Did he answer the bell ? No, he cowared, again, cannot be debated.  The Canucks have tons of talent but lack the heart and intestinal fortitude to be a champion and those two are big reasons they will not win a Cup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Regarding Marchand and the threats, I am absolutey stunned that nobody (Bieksa maybe) called him out for a fight in that game.  With what happened last year, I was certain somebody would.  But they didn't.  Makes AV's threats just a little hollow.

Of course the last time a Vancouver coach threatened violence on an opposing player Todd Bertuzzi disgracefully sucker punched Steve Moore and broke his neck, so I guess you never know.

I think the point of all this is actually quite valid.  49 and others will argue that Vancouver is a finesse team that doesn't look for fights.  But that isn't really true.  They have their own style of cheap, sometimes dirty hockey, they taunt, they dive, they fake, they snow the goalie, and then when somebody comes back at them, they play the "we're not fighters" card and beg the refs to step in.  Last year the refs got tired of doing that.  This year they might too.

Take a lesson from Detroit for a team that plays finesse and doesn't engage in fighting.  They avoid confrontation and then put the puck in the back of the net.  They beat the Bruins twice last year that way, and not a word of complaint from Boston.  The Canucks are that unusual team that starts confrontations continuously and then run away from them.  They are the kid on the playground that starts trouble and then screams for teacher.  Burrows, Lapierre, Ballard, Hanson, the Sedins -- all the same style.  I feel bad for guys like Kesler and Malhotra that get dragged into all of the drama.

If you don't want confrontation, avoid it.  It's that simple.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Cowards...U can't argue it. : I'm sure thats why he got out of town. Hey if theres 7 of them out there, someone didnt complete the line change, didnt see one call on it. MEOW

I'm sure he had other motivations, but his replacement was on the ice already, if he never hightailed it off, the Canucks could have been hooked. Paint his reasoning whatever you want, he did what he was supposed to do under the rulebook.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

.Oh wait, Weise claims he was getting ready to go with McQuaid.

Would have loved to see that--- the stitch guy for the Canucks would have had to get ready for some repair work on thta puszy Weise!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

I don't mind the Bruins slapped around the sissy Canucks this game, but it has to stop come playoff time.  I think CJ will remind them about that.  Saturday's game was a "team building experience" for the B's.  They stick up for one another.  That's why Bruins fans should be proud of this group of guys. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE].Oh wait, Weise claims he was getting ready to go with McQuaid. Would have loved to see that--- the stitch guy for the Canucks would have had to get ready for some repair work on thta puszy Weise!
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

Any link to that claim? You can read Weise's lips in the replay agreeing to "go" once the puck has been dropped.

Did Adam even know the mighty Wiese was gunnin' for him?

What a loser. He will never live it down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Agree with most of your points except Henrik. The change was in the middle, if he'd stayed on there was a potential call on his teammate for leaving the bench and a potential 10 game suspension. Henrik did the only smart thing he could do without totally hosing his team.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Seriously Red? Comon! Is 49 North using his jedi mind trick on you? You wanna be a fool & think that go ahead. You have your version- Kel has the truth. lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I heard Hamhuis went low on Moore tonight against the Lightning. 
    Let's this the hi-lites to see if it's true,dirty , needs a suspension ?
    or is it just a gag?
    Keep an eye out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Habs of the West... All of Canada except maybe the Pepsi province despises them.... Patch would make a nice addition to their team. 

Weise and McQ would have been a better match, but it says a lot about our toughness when our #5 guy can pull a split dec'n with their 'heavy.'

This thread also makes the point that you need both talent and toughness to go the distance ( unless you're Detroit ).... But there's soemthing about the toughness auro in the Bs legacy that will always make other teams wants to play them tough, so I never see a Detroit-type ( all finesse ) team succeeding in Boston....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Cowards...U can't argue it. : Is it even plausible that Marchand could play the way he does, and not make enemies throughout the league?

Is it plausible that the franchise that put out a hit on Steve Moore, who never played again, had their coach threaten a Bruins' player?

While it would be appropriate for the league to address that, the B's won't need any help in handling threats by the Vancouver Kitties.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Habs of the West... All of Canada except maybe the Pepsi province despises them.... Patch would make a nice addition to their team.  Weise and McQ would have been a better match, but it says a lot about our toughness when our #5 guy can pull a split dec'n with their 'heavy.' This thread also makes the point that you need both talent and toughness to go the distance ( unless you're Detroit ).... But there's soemthing about the toughness auro in the Bs legacy that will always make other teams wants to play them tough, so I never see a Detroit-type ( all finesse ) team succeeding in Boston....
    Posted by Griswal65[/QUOTE]

Habs of the West...Don't think so. First, Montreal is much better at diving. Vancouver also has much more skill. And at least Roman Hamrlik dropped the gloves with Thornton last year and Price would not shy away from starting in Boston after getting shelled like he did last year for 8 goals. The Nuks are in a class of their own when it comes to cheap, dirty and cowardly play. Montreal is there, i won't argue that but they at least drop the gloves and answer the bell.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Cowards...U can't argue it. : Is it plausible that the franchise that put out a hit on Steve Moore, who never played again, had their coach threaten a Bruins' player? While it would be appropriate for the league to address that, the B's won't need any help in handling threats by the Vancouver Kitties.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Where are the consequences for a coach threatning a player? They rescinded the misconduct for Lucic leaving the bench, why was it not adressed why 7 Canucks were on top of Thornton. Seems to me 2 of them were on the ice illegally.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Cowards...U can't argue it. : Agreed. Where are the consequences for a coach threatning a player? They rescinded the misconduct for Lucic leaving the bench, why was it not adressed why 7 Canucks were on top of Thornton. Seems to me 2 of them were on the ice illegally.

because if you look at footage it carefully you'll see H. Sedin give a couple of shots in the melee and then goes off. Funny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hey North, let me ask you an objective question, do you think any of those players Kel mentioned are "dirty players"?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]Hey North, let me ask you an objective question, do you think any of those players Kel mentioned are "dirty players"?  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

The five Canucks he mentioned in the lead post? Luongo, Burrows, Hansen, Weise and Henrik?

Obviously, Luongo and Henrik aren't dirty.  Henrik is a pacificist, virtually every penalty he takes is hooking, while he's attempting to create a turnover.  Hansen's not dirty -- he's a Dane (another pacificist) -- but like virtually all players, he's  guilty of doing stuff when  he's frustrated.  Weise, I wouldn't say he's dirty, but certainly the fight-no-fight with Thornton wasn't his finest hour.  Burrows -- (and I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this) -- I'll say that Marchand and Burrows are very similar players -- skilled, great hands, but both are agitators, and get involved in the 'nasty stuff' more than they should.  Burrows will forever be known for the biting incident, and Marchand is developing a formidable rap sheet (no long-term injuries will come from a little bite on the finger, but low-bridge hits can end a career).  The Canucks, I would say, had more 'dirty' players last year.  Torres would go head-hunting every so often (which is why the Canucks let him walk). 

I'm going to add something else.  I wish that Boston fans could watch the Sedins all the time, like I can.  I think that then, might understand why we hold them in such esteem, and perhaps appreciate the mastery of their passing and puck sense. 

My favourite Canuck blog is the often tongue-in-cheek Pass It To Bulis, where they poke fun at all sorts of things, including Canuck players themselves.  But they also do some great analysis of some of the Sedins' goals, and when it's broken down frame-by-frame, you see that some of the things that appear to be lucky breaks or friendly bounces at first glance, are actually carefully planned out and rehearsed.  As well, if you can see the way they continuously 'turn the other cheek', and take the abuse on a regular basis, because they know that if they retaliate, they'll take the team off the PP.  You guys say that they're 'gutless', or 'soft'. 

I would make the argument that it takes more toughness to absorb the abuse and turn away, than to do the 'natural thing', and lash back.  It's more self-sacrificing -- the old "take one for the team" scenario.

I know full well that I will be fiercely ridiculed by some of you for posting this, but I ask that the more reasonable of you try to be objective, and recognize that these guys are very special players, and we in Vancouver are forever indebted to Brian Burke for orchestrating that masterful draft day trade to get the #2 & #3 picks in the '99 draft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

On the other hand, this is certainly interesting.  If true (and if Marchand says it, it must be true), then everyone owes Dale Weise a big apology.

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2012/01/11/brad-marchand-clears-the-air-explains-shawn-thornton-was-trying-to-surprise-dale-weise/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Hey North, let me ask you an objective question, do you think any of those players Kel mentioned are "dirty players"?  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

(Luongo, Burrows, Hansen, Weise and Henrik?)

Not sure of the purpose of this question.  I don't know that I'd describe any of these players as "dirty."  A couple have done a few things that may or may not be considered a "dirty move" but I wouldn't characterize any of them as particularly dirty.

Even Rome's disgusting assassination of Horton was a filthy, dirty hit, but I'd have to look at his career before I took the leap to call him a dirty player.  I reserve that title for the Matt Cookes out there.

The thread is about being cowards.  They (those 5 players) are all cowards in their own little way. Kev is right in this point.  They are different levels of gutless, arrogant, blowhards, liars, cheap, divers, weak and very, very soft with no honor.

I also think that much of the varied revolting classless behavior by many Canuck players comes from the top down.  It's an institutional culture, just like in Montreal.  I see one of the Canuck forwards pull off a dazzling skill move and I go, "wow" as a hockey fan but it rarely takes long for one of them to do something that makes me wonder how they look in the mirror as a self respecting hockey player. Its perpetuated by Gillis and Vigneault.

I don't know how guys like Maholtra and Kessler manage to not get poisoned by that stuff, but I sure wish we could have them in black and gold.

As they say in court, I think most B's fans would stipulate to the facts that some people would call Marchand dirty (I don't, but I understand the accusation, especially if you live in Vancouver) and I do not believe anyone would argue the fact that the Sisters are tremendously talented, skilled, upper-level players that would instantly improve any NHL team.

It doesn't make them less soft, no matter how much their apologists want to excuse it away with a weak description of "turning the other cheek." Skill players like them do not have to hit or retaliate to not be soft... but they have to have the ability to stand up for themselves at some point, or at the very least play through the physical aggression against them and produce anyway while Weber and Chara and punishing them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]On the other hand, this is certainly interesting.  If true (and if Marchand says it, it must be true), then everyone owes Dale Weise a big apology. http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2012/01/11/brad-marchand-clears-the-air-explains-shawn-thornton-was-trying-to-surprise-dale-weise/

Wow.  Nice job by Marchand making Thornton look like a fool.

Sections
Shortcuts