Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!!

The 'Nucks finally realize that LuonGoal is not the answer... they decided the only way they can win is a goalie who payed in Boston.

HI NULL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!!

Maybe getting the third sedin twin... triplet into the game will get Henrik going.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!!

Schneider when kid was a Bruins fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

BoobyLou with 10 more years at $5.3 per.  BAAAHAAAA!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I guess we won't be hearing any "We have every confidence in Roberto." from Vigneault and the rest of the Vancouver side.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Who's gonna pump his tires now?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!!:
    [QUOTE]BoobyLou with 10 more years at $5.3 per.  BAAAHAAAA!!
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Such a terrible contract.  I would be very surprised if the new CBA doesn't contain a buyout clause.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to "Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!!": [QUOTE]The 'Nucks finally realize that LuonGoal is not the answer... they decided the only way they can win is a goalie who payed in Boston. HI NULL. Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE] Actually Loungo is not the reason this team is down 2-0.. He has been pretty solid in the two games I watched...Don't think many realized how badly Daniel Sedin's problem was and the effect his absence has hurt the Nuck's chances... I think Vigneault just put himself in a tough spot with Loungo ..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!!:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!!": Actually Loungo is not the reason this team is down 2-0.. He has been pretty solid in the two games I watched...Don't think many realized how badly Daniel Sedin's problem was and the effect his absence has hurt the Nuck's chances... I think Vigneault just put himself in a tough spot with Loungo ..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

He put himself in a tough spot when it comes to his career.  If they get booted in the first round, he'll be wondering if his phone will ring with a pink slip.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

This seems like a lose-lose situation for the Canucks.  Schneider looses, and they are down 0-3 and it would seem their problem is not in goal.  They win, and they start think they're stuck with a $5.3M backup goaltender.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I thought Luongo was solid in game 1 and not bad in game 2. Definetly not the reason they are down 2-0, but what to do?

Now, if they win, they have to stick with Schneider, if they lose, it would be real tough to come back and you could have seen the last of Luongo in a Nuks jersey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!!:
    [QUOTE]The 'Nucks finally realize that LuonGoal is not the answer... they decided the only way they can win is a goalie who payed in Boston. HI NULL.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

True.  And Lucic played in Vancouver. 

What's your point?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Luongo was solid in game 1 and not bad in game 2. Definetly not the reason they are down 2-0, but what to do? Now, if they win, they have to stick with Schneider, if they lose, it would be real tough to come back and you could have seen the last of Luongo in a Nuks jersey.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Just a last ditch move by a coach who knows his job probably hinges on this series. Pulling Luongo is a cop out for a team that's getting destroyed on the special teams. AV is hoping Schneider can save his job and Luongo is the scapegoat as a result.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Nucks losing has nothing to do with goaltending.  

In Response to Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!!:
    [QUOTE]The 'Nucks finally realize that LuonGoal is not the answer... they decided the only way they can win is a goalie who payed in Boston. HI NULL.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!! : True.  And Lucic played in Vancouver.  What's your point?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Lotsa people around here like  Schneider, one of the few that gets respect around here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Luongo was solid in game 1 and not bad in game 2. Definetly not the reason they are down 2-0, but what to do? Now, if they win, they have to stick with Schneider, if they lose, it would be real tough to come back and you could have seen the last of Luongo in a Nuks jersey.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Kel, check a couple of the goals finding their way through him in the highlights and review that "solid" assessment.

Pretty sure he's not taping any more "that's an easy save for me" videos.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]This seems like a lose-lose situation for the Canucks.  Schneider looses, and they are down 0-3 and it would seem their problem is not in goal.  They win, and they start think they're stuck with a $5.3M backup goaltender.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking.  I'm really surprised that AV made this move. I mean, I think Schnieder is better now, so I get that, but the move smells of desperation in the 1st round (for the President's Cup winners) and frankly, Luongo wasn't the problem in the first two games.

Where do they go from here?  If they get swept, he looks like a reactionary coach who didn't have faith in the lineup that won the President's Cup and hit the panic button too soon.  He also makes the front office look like fools publicily for the contract that now rests on a backup goalie.

It's an interesting move, but it better work...and it hasn't yet...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

President of what?

.........................someone's tires been flattened.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!! : Exactly what I was thinking.  I'm really surprised that AV made this move. I mean, I think Schnieder is better now, so I get that, but the move smells of desperation in the 1st round (for the President's Cup winners) and frankly, Luongo wasn't the problem in the first two games. Where do they go from here?  If they get swept, he looks like a reactionary coach who didn't have faith in the lineup that won the President's Cup and hit the panic button too soon.  He also makes the front office look like fools publicily for the contract that now rests on a backup goalie. It's an interesting move, but it better work...and it hasn't yet...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

If they get swept, he looks like a guy in need of a job, doesn't he?  I mean, they might give him a pass because he's down a Sedin, but ultimately he's scrooged either way here unless they win games.  Everything else is secondary.  If he doesn't make the move and they get swept, he's "Play Him Again Alain" who isn't gutsy enough to try something bold to shake his team up.

This makes me wonder about something I hadn't really thought of before.  I don't hear nearly as much "fire the coach/GM/trainer/hot dog vendor!!" stuff about the Canucks as you do when, oh, any other team in the league goes through what they have in the last year.  They got embarrassed on the game's biggest stage - partly taken to the woodshed by the Bruins, but largely made to look terrible by their own antics and mouths.  Now they're a game away from a sayonara sweetheart sweep as a #1 seed.  Whose fault is it?  I'll take the GM for 2000 Alex, but I'm surprised there isn't a lot more storm around Vigneault.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!! : If they get swept, he looks like a guy in need of a job, doesn't he?  I mean, they might give him a pass because he's down a Sedin, but ultimately he's scrooged either way here unless they win games.  Everything else is secondary.  If he doesn't make the move and they get swept, he's "Play Him Again Alain" who isn't gutsy enough to try something bold to shake his team up. This makes me wonder about something I hadn't really thought of before.  I don't hear nearly as much "fire the coach/GM/trainer/hot dog vendor!!" stuff about the Canucks as you do when, oh, any other team in the league goes through what they have in the last year.  They got embarrassed on the game's biggest stage - partly taken to the woodshed by the Bruins, but largely made to look terrible by their own antics and mouths.  Now they're a game away from a sayonara sweetheart sweep as a #1 seed.  Whose fault is it?  I'll take the GM for 2000 Alex, but I'm surprised there isn't a lot more storm around Vigneault.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Interesting.  I agree about having the guts to make the move, but if you're going to make it after two average (not horrible) Luongo starts in the playoffs, why not make it a month ago?  I think the timing is weird because they had the best record in hockey while claiming that Luongo was the #1 guy.  How do two average starts in the playoffs unravel that?

I think we all agree that it is the right move to make, but if he really had guts, and believes that Schneider is better, why wait until now?  I would have gone with Schneider around New Year's.  The reason he didn't make the move sooner might have been the front office and the Luongo contract.

I just think that to make a goalie change two games into the playoffs, when the starter didn't play badly, seems desperate for the 'best' team in the league.  Whether it's the right move or not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!! : Interesting.  I agree about having the guts to make the move, but if you're going to make it after two average (not horrible) Luongo starts in the playoffs, why not make it a month ago?  I think the timing is weird because they had the best record in hockey while claiming that Luongo was the #1 guy.  How do two average starts in the playoffs unravel that? I think we all agree that it is the right move to make, but if he really had guts, and believes that Schneider is better, why wait until now?  I would have gone with Schneider around New Year's.  The reason he didn't make the move sooner might have been the front office and the Luongo contract. I just think that to make a goalie change two games into the playoffs, when the starter didn't play badly, seems desperate for the 'best' team in the league.  Whether it's the right move or not.
    The Bruins were down 0-2 to the Habs last year and the fans/media were calling for CJ's head. What did he do as a result? He stuck with what got him there. He didn't change a thing. Like I said earlier, AV made Luongo the scapegoat for a team who's PP is running at a -2 so far. There's not a goalie in the world who could've won last night for them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If they lose on Wednesday, I would not be shocked if AV is unemployed by Friday.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!! : The Bruins were down 0-2 to the Habs last year and the fans/media were calling for CJ's head. What did he do as a result? He stuck with what got him there. He didn't change a thing. Like I said earlier, AV made Luongo the scapegoat for a team who's PP is running at a -2 so far. There's not a goalie in the world who could've won last night for them.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Exactly, well said.  Nothing wrong with a coach making some changes or adjustments, but you also want to have a steady, confident hand as a leader.

The Kings have outplayed the Canucks in areas that you wouldn't expect (scoring, special teams).  I have little sympathy for Luongo, as I have thought that Schneider was better for a while now.  But the timing of the move seems reactionary and it reeks of panic and scapegoating.  Maybe it will still workout, who knows?  But Vancouver can't get better goaltending than they had last night and they still lost the game and were beaten in a lot of different areas.

I'll never buy into playoff excuse-making, but everyone has to admit that Duncan Keith has had a heavy hand here...or elbow.  Of course, one of our top scoring forwards was knocked out of a series last year on an illegal hit too...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver finally admits they cannot win with Luongo... turn to Boston College goalie!!! : Exactly, well said.  Nothing wrong with a coach making some changes or adjustments, but you also want to have a steady, confident hand as a leader. The Kings have outplayed the Canucks in areas that you wouldn't expect (scoring, special teams).  I have little sympathy for Luongo, as I have thought that Schneider was better for a while now.  But the timing of the move seems reactionary and it reeks of panic and scapegoating.  Maybe it will still workout, who knows?  But Vancouver can't get better goaltending than they had last night and they still lost the game and were beaten in a lot of different areas. I'll never buy into playoff excuse-making, but everyone has to admit that Duncan Keith has had a heavy hand here...or elbow.  Of course, one of our top scoring forwards was knocked out of a series last year on an illegal hit too...
    Winning Cups makes things like that a little easier to forget.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]If they lose on Wednesday, I would not be shocked if AV is unemployed by Friday.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

and I could see him being interviewed for the Habs job and if he doesn't they might just hire him right away.
    Anyway, Schneider did make some nice saves last night but he barely faced 20 shots.  Luongo might have done the same job.
    Kings know they got away with a bad game yesterday, they'll be stronger the next. Will Schneider hold the fort ?
    I know Quick will.