Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond

Like 99.9% of all people when it happens to your team the play is dirty.
    Like 99.9% of all people when it happens to the other team it is not dirty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Typical view through the "homer-glasses".

Raymond did not touch the puck.  Therefore any contact from Boychuk is Interference (hey, that's the same penalty that was called on Rome!).  This fact is confirmed by Kerry Fraser on the tsn.ca site.

Hmm.. what else?  There's the can-opener, an acknowledged dirty play, intentionally used to put a player off balance.  And, really, does Boychuk, who is 2" taller and 40 lbs heavier than Raymond, have to use such a cheap tactic to gain an advantage?

Finally, Boychuk knew Raymond was in a vulnerable position (heck, he put him there), so why "finish the (illegal) check"?  Just to be mean?  Was Boychuk tired of seeing Raymond blow past him, and thought to himself "why don't I just take this punk out?"

The NHL has set a precedent with the Rome suspension, that it takes severity of injury into consideration when setting discipline.  The Boychuk hit was clearly illegal, and resulted in severe injury.  By this precedent, Boychuk should be suspended.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond:
    [QUOTE]Typical view through the "homer-glasses". Raymond did not touch the puck.  Therefore any contact from Boychuk is Interference (hey, that's the same penalty that was called on Rome!).  This fact is confirmed by Kerry Fraser on the tsn.ca site. Hmm.. what else?  There's the can-opener, an acknowledged dirty play, intentionally used to put a player off balance.  And, really, does Boychuk, who is 2" taller and 40 lbs heavier than Raymond, have to use such a cheap tactic to gain an advantage? Finally, Boychuk knew Raymond was in a vulnerable position (heck, he put him there), so why "finish the (illegal) check"?  Just to be mean?  Was Boychuk tired of seeing Raymond blow past him, and thought to himself "why don't I just take this punk out?" The NHL has set a precedent with the Rome suspension, that it takes severity of injury into consideration when setting discipline.  The Boychuk hit was clearly illegal, and resulted in severe injury.  By this precedent, Boychuk should be suspended.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

How will it feel when your team who was supose to dominate the bruins is watching the bruins skate around your rink with the cup i bet the nucks will still be talking even after the bruins win the cap hahahaha

Nucks feel the presure and know they are going to lose

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

Imagine if its a Jonny Rocket shot that wins the game?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VanCitySir. Show VanCitySir's posts

LUCICmilan17, you are by far the biggest , uneducated, classless whiner any NHL fan base has. To see your posts, about biting, hard hits, bad referring, only shows yourself to be indignified, immature slob. You embarrass the Bruins fans, to which I find many have class, and knowledge of the game and know hockey is a sport that will be chippy, hard, and at times dirty, which both teams are guilty of. I hope you have your Mom around when the out come doesn't go your way.

Boychguk had his stick across Raymonds back pushing him lower going backwards into the boards....very unclassy, breaking a players back when it could have been avoided.

Good luck to the Fans of Boston

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Big difference between the Boychuk can opener on Raymond and the Rome hit on Horton.  Boychuk stuck his stick in between Raymond's legs 10-15 feet from the boards.  Raymond knew that Boychuk was there and would try to take him out of the play.

Rome drove his shoulder upward into Horton's chin with enough force to leave his feet.  He drove upward so hard that he would have left his feet even if he missed Horton.  Horton had no idea that Rome was even there, never mind that Rome was lining him up for a big hit.  The primary point of contact was the head.  The league is trying to eliminate that exact hit.

If can openers become a hot-button issue in the league, expect suspensions to come from plays like the one that injured Raymond.  Until then, expect no suspensions.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

I thought the hit was dirty.  Raymond was down and vulnerable.  The puck was gone.  Boychuck continued to drive Raymond into the boards.  He could have let up and backed away.  

Boychuck is a rough guy and we need that, but he goes over the edge sometimes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VanCitySir. Show VanCitySir's posts

The puck had been off Raymonds stick, as long if not longer than that of the Horton incident, which constitutes "interference" , and Boychuk should have disengaged, yet he kept him folded like a pretzel with his stick til he hit the boards.  Rome received his due punishment, andf I wish Horton and full recovery.
    Raymond has a fractured vertabra,  and no penalty of ANY kind.
    Nucks have depth, that they can rely on, and make Vanouver proud, no matter who wins.

Enjoy the game

Go Nucks Go

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]The puck had been off Raymonds stick, as long if not longer than that of the Horton incident, which constitutes "interference" , and Boychuk should have disengaged, yet he kept him folded like a pretzel with his stick til he hit the boards.  Rome received his due punishment, andf I wish Horton and full recovery. Raymond has a fractured vertabra,  and no penalty of ANY kind. Nucks have depth, that they can rely on, and make Vanouver proud, no matter who wins. Enjoy the game Go Nucks Go
    Posted by VanCitySir[/QUOTE]

You guys are missing something pretty major.

Here is the replay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn97tELtNTI

Right at the 5 second mark, Raymond initiates the contact.

In slo mo at the 1:15 mark, you can see it - Raymond initiates the contact actually interfering with Boychuk by leaning down on Boychuk's stick, they become tangled and Boychuk then rides him into the boards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I read Frasers blog and would agree a penalty should have been called.  No suspension in my eyes.  Obviously they(Van fans/team) should be upset.  But, its should be more about losing a good player.  I think we have been getting away with a lot.  How they called mutual penalties on Chara Sedin is beyond me.  Chara abused him. 
    All I hope for tonight is similar to game 7 against TBay.  Let the teams decide who wins the cup.  I have a feeling we could be on the end of a few phantom calls tonight.  All the crying the Van team has been doing about bad officiating likely gets them a few extra calls. 

I am just hoping for a good game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

dirty? what are you kidding? driving him into the boards? they basically coasted into the boards and then there was a slight shove at the end. it was unfortunate, but anybody who thinks he was out to injure or that it was dirty needs to find another sport to watch. even olczyk (who isn't exactly a bruin fanboy) said that boychuk was doing what he was supposed to do. this is not even in the same stratosphere as the rome hit or the edler hit on peverley who luckily was able to pop back up. was it just a coincidence that it was the guy who replaced horton on our top line and who the canucks don't seem to have an answer for?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

[QUOTE]I read Frasers blog and would agree a penalty should have been called.  No suspension in my eyes.  Obviously they(Van fans/team) should be upset.  But, its should be more about losing a good player.  I think we have been getting away with a lot.  How they called mutual penalties on Chara Sedin is beyond me.  Chara abused him.  All I hope for tonight is similar to game 7 against TBay.  Let the teams decide who wins the cup.  I have a feeling we could be on the end of a few phantom calls tonight.  All the crying the Van team has been doing about bad officiating likely gets them a few extra calls.  I am just hoping for a good game.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

agree, chara should have gotten called. your either embellishing and there is no penalty on chara, or your not embellishing and there is a penalty on chara. which is it? cop out call for the refs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cutthroat. Show cutthroat's posts

[QUOTE]Typical view through the "homer-glasses". Raymond did not touch the puck.  Therefore any contact from Boychuk is Interference (hey, that's the same penalty that was called on Rome!).  This fact is confirmed by Kerry Fraser on the tsn.ca site. Hmm.. what else?  There's the can-opener, an acknowledged dirty play, intentionally used to put a player off balance.  And, really, does Boychuk, who is 2" taller and 40 lbs heavier than Raymond, have to use such a cheap tactic to gain an advantage? Finally, Boychuk knew Raymond was in a vulnerable position (heck, he put him there), so why "finish the (illegal) check"?  Just to be mean?  Was Boychuk tired of seeing Raymond blow past him, and thought to himself "why don't I just take this punk out?" The NHL has set a precedent with the Rome suspension, that it takes severity of injury into consideration when setting discipline.  The Boychuk hit was clearly illegal, and resulted in severe injury.  By this precedent, Boychuk should be suspended.

Who's looking through "homer glasses?" It was a tight checking play.  Maybe it should've been a penalty for interference, but that's it.  I'm sorry he was hurt, but the Canucks should have had a 2 minute powerplay, no more. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond : Who's looking through "homer glasses?" It was a tight checking play.  Maybe it should've been a penalty for interference, but that's it.  I'm sorry he was hurt, but the Canucks should have had a 2 minute powerplay, no more. 
    Posted by cutthroat[/QUOTE]

Definitely interference.  I can see how they missed it.  But a 2min penalty likely should have been called.  No suspension though.  Crazy talk.  That play would never happen in another million attempts.  I would be upset as a fan, but definitely wouldnt be screaming for a suspension.

Game 7 of the cup finals.  Kinda feel like I am in a dream this morning.  Is it real?  Are they gonna win tonight?  I am staying at Logan tomorrow and downtown friday. Is the parade saturday?
    Can't wait.  So excited. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

You are an idiot, stay in Carolina and watch nascar

[QUOTE]I thought the hit was dirty.  Raymond was down and vulnerable.  The puck was gone.  Boychuck continued to drive Raymond into the boards.  He could have let up and backed away.   Boychuck is a rough guy and we need that, but he goes over the edge sometimes.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

[QUOTE]The puck had been off Raymonds stick, as long if not longer than that of the Horton incident, which constitutes "interference" , and Boychuk should have disengaged, yet he kept him folded like a pretzel with his stick til he hit the boards.  Rome received his due punishment, andf I wish Horton and full recovery. Raymond has a fractured vertabra,  and no penalty of ANY kind. Nucks have depth, that they can rely on, and make Vanouver proud, no matter who wins. Enjoy the game Go Nucks Go
    Posted by VanCitySir[/QUOTE]

At most it was interference but I wouldn't even call it that.  They were both going for the puck, boychuk attempted a stick lift, got his stick between raymonds skates as they became engaged in a hockey play, and their momentum carried them into the boards.  If you watch the play you can see Boychuk didn't put any effort into hitting raymond into the boards, he didn't raise his arms or anything to leverage him into the boards.  It was just a freak accident with the way raymond was bent over.  And I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure that the Canucks have already embarrassed Vancouver, Canada, and all of hockey with this diving crap.  It is getting to be very sad.  How about we just play good old hockey, play hard and let the refs do their jobs without trying to help them out.  As you see, it has only hurt you.  Ever read the boy who cried wolf?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

You're right 49 North, that is the typical Nuck homer view. Raymond knew he was there, huge difference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yeah 49, Boychuk was just upset because Raymond had been such a difference maker in the series. He was really schooling the Boston D.........oh wait a second, he was pointless wasn't he...........well, I can't figure out why Johnny was so mean then. How about a comment on Edler's head shot on Peverly.Various rules broken on the same play but I don't hear you guys screaming about a suspension at that far more dangerous play.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!! 1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond : You guys are missing something pretty major. Here is the replay. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn97tELtNTI Right at the 5 second mark, Raymond initiates the contact. In slo mo at the 1:15 mark, you can see it - Raymond initiates the contact actually interfering with Boychuk by leaning down on Boychuk's stick, they become tangled and Boychuk then rides him into the boards.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    BH, expect no reply from the Van faithful since you've come up with the most sensible argument yet. You are right.......they are wrong!
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!! 1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Should have been a penalty called on the play but no suspension. I don't remember who it was that mentioned it but he said it looks like the refs have told Van if they keep diving that they will be hard pressed to call penalties because they don't know what is fake or what's real. It might have been Roenick but I am not sure. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

C'mon Vancouver fans, I get the different views on things, but this is just silly.  Those type of hits happen 50 times a game, nobody ever would have noticed it normally.  If you want a two-minute interference penalty, fine, that wouldn't bother me.  But you just can't watch that replay and tell me with a straight face that Boychuk deserves a suspension for getting tied up and pushing a guy away from where he thought the puck was.  This is getting out of hand.  The refs have by and large balanced things pretty well in this series.  If we want to look at who should have been suspended, every hockey fan in N. America knows that Burrows bit Bergeron, but I'm over it. 

Let's move on, enjoy this epic game 7, and stop talking about the refs.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

With Vancouver taking on the "Montreal West" attitude (diving and whining), I can honestly say in speaking to hockey fans of various teams here in Southern Ontario (Sabres, Leafs, Wings, Flames, Flyers, Sens, etc. etc.), the average unbiased hockey fan in these parts is absolutely embarrassed that this "Cunuck" team is being tabbed as "Canada's team" and driven down everyone's throats as such on the bias CBC, TSN and Sportsnet.

The neutral Canadian fan might have started on the rooting side of the Couve but after app 6 periods of hockey it all changed.

Despite what the Canadian media was hoping for and selling, Canada's team in reality for at least 1 more day, is the Boston Bruins and man it feels good.

Sections
Shortcuts