Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond

Can't we all agree that it was an unfortunate accident?  I'd like to think if it was Bieksa and Bergeron entangled like that that Boston fans would say the same thing.  It's unfortunate.  It was not intended.  Every sports outlet that I've frequented with the exception of some in Vancouver all opine that Boychuk did nothing wrong and it was a freak occurrence. 

It's unfortunate.  Speedy recovery to Raymond.  Move on.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond:
    Apparently, Mike Gillis, Van's GM, feels Boychuck used a "can opener" intentionally driving him into the boards. Vancouver blows. I cannot stand the entire organization.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

I'm surprised that nobody is talking about the the fact that Van's medical personnel allowed 2 Van players to pick up Raymond and carry him off of the ice. I said to my brother at the time that it was foolish to not use a stretcher since it looked like an obvious neck/back injury. I mean, what was the big hurry? They likely did more damage to him by carrying him off in such a manner. I'm no doctor and even I knew it was wrong.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!  1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Gillis should be fined for his comments. Look at the review provided by BADHAB and you see Boychuck AND Raymond together going into the boards. Boychuck's stick is on the ice, and there is no "extra" effort by Boychuck on Raymond. It was a freak injury, plain and simple, and borderline interference in a game where only obvious and intentional penalties were called. No one called Edler's 20 f00t charge, at full speed , on Peverly.  Stop the garbage Mr. Gillis.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond : I'm surprised that nobody is talking about the the fact that Van's medical personnel allowed 2 Van players to pick up Raymond and carry him off of the ice. I said to my brother at the time that it was foolish to not use a stretcher since it looked like an obvious neck/back injury. I mean, what was the big hurry? They likely did more damage to him by carrying him off in such a manner. I'm no doctor and even I knew it was wrong. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!  1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi

^This happens to be a key point.  I have no medical training and was about 4 beers deep when this happened, and I said out loud "why are the players carrying him off, he looks badly hurt".  It was like going back to the 1970's. Then I heard he was put on a stretcher in the locker room.  The Vancouver trainer really dropped the ball there -- a broken vertebre should not be moved or jostled in any way, as far as I know.

Gillis saves all of his whineing for the refs though -- he's been doing it since the Chicago series.  The only GM I can recall complaining this much about the refs.  Have some dignity.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Dbag09, get off the bandwagon, please.
    Clam Man has been a respected poster around here for years, and calls them how he sees them.
    Yes it was interference. a 2 minute minor. That's it. There is no evidience that I can see that Boychuck was trying to hurt the guy. Riding him off the play is all he was doing.
    Real unfortunate. Raymond is a good, clean player. Get well, kid.
    ...and the fact is, if Bieksa did the same thing to Seguin, most here would be calling for a suspension too, can't fault the Nucks fans for that.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

I didn't see any intent to injure on the part of JB there.  They got pretzeled and coasted to the boards.  If the initial contact was okay, why was finishing the check a malicious act?  Let's not forget Edler's bid to injure Peverley in Game 6 either while we're on the topic of shameful acts from Canuck players...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What is very simple in viewing the play is that it was obvious that Boychuk thought the puck was underneath Raymond. Gillis was very quiet on the Edler hit to Peveley which was blatant. I'm shocked most of the Canadian media are actually on the Bruins side on both hits, well not in the Pacific north west anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

Van has taken whining to a whole new level for this incident. Congratulations. Makes the Chara 911 calls seem reasonable.
    Posted by Ergoetal

I acutally saw a post on mynhltraderumors.com from a Canuck fan saying that the following: "The police should look into this hit since the NHL seems to not be doing anything to protect Canuck players and boychuk’s intent was to injure Raymond."  You can see the rest here:  http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/2011/06/14/what-do-you-think-of-boychuks-hit-on-raymond/comment-page-1/#comments .  It is becoming a joke now how these people are reacting.  Obviously no one knows but Boychuk if he inteded to hurt Raymond, but I fully believe he in no way meant to hurt him.  He was just finishing the play and their momentum carried them both hard into the boards.  I don't understand why the police should now be involved everytime a player on a Canadian team gets hurt.  Why not investigate the hit from Edler on Peverely while we are at it.  what a joke.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

FYI
    There was a Van caller on the Bill Watters Toronto radio broadcast yesterday who claimed that Boychuk should have been charged with assault for banging Raymond. Oh yeah and Marchand also for using the Gazoo twin as a speed bag. The hosts dumped all over him. After he was ditched, the hosts said that if assault charges were being thrown around then Aaron Rome should have been hoisted into a paddy wagon for taking the head shot at Horton.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Imagine if its a Jonny Rocket shot that wins the game?
    Posted by STFXbruins

Imagine if Lappy scores yet another GWG against you guys?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Apparently, Mike Gillis, Van's GM, feels Boychuck used a "can opener" intentionally driving him into the boards. Vancouver blows. I cannot stand the entire organization.

If you don't think that Boychuk used the "can-opener"on Raymond, then you don't know what that is.  Check out Kerry Fraser's column on tsn.ca.  While he doesn't say that a suspension is warranted, he clearly states that Boychuk deserved a penalty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond : Imagine if Lappy scores yet another GWG against you guys?
    Posted by 49-North

Imagine if you actually had a life!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Van has taken whining to a whole new level for this incident. Congratulations. Makes the Chara 911 calls seem reasonable.
    Posted by Ergoetal

Maybe you should look back at the posts made by Boston fans on this very site after the Rome-Horton hit.  Boston fans take a back seat to nobody when it comes to whining.

And let's point out the difference between a "severe" (?) concussion and a broken vertebrae. 

Pachioretty.
    Raymond.

Who's next, Bruins?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeCanKnockTheBruins. Show WeCanKnockTheBruins's posts

Vigneault should have been fined for his comments on the Rome hit, either during the analysis of punishment or after. Vancouver has gotten away with murder, so let's hope the karma shines brightly tonight.

Another non sense reply.. pretty sure he's sitting in a locked room somewhere

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond : Maybe you should look back at the posts made by Boston fans on this very site after the Rome-Horton hit.  Boston fans take a back seat to nobody when it comes to whining. And let's point out the difference between a "severe" (?) concussion and a broken vertebrae.  Pachioretty. Raymond. Who's next, Bruins?
    Posted by 49-North

apparently, the nhl agrees with bruins fans.  rome: 4 game suspension.  boychuk:  nothing.

the puck was in their feet when raymond and boychuk got tangled.  i've lost the puck in my feet many times with nobody around me.  how was boychuk supposed to know the puck wasn't there when raymond is bent over like a cheap wh0re trying to make a fast 20?  and he didn't drive him into the boards.  he wasn't moving his feet.  they simply coasted into the boards.  it was an unfortunate accident.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond : Maybe you should look back at the posts made by Boston fans on this very site after the Rome-Horton hit.  Boston fans take a back seat to nobody when it comes to whining. And let's point out the difference between a "severe" (?) concussion and a broken vertebrae.  Pachioretty. Raymond. Who's next, Bruins?
    Posted by 49-North

Burrows, Lapierre, Sedins?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Guys, Andrew Alberts ran Kaberle into the boards after Luongo covered a puck last game, and Alberts somehow appeared to injure himself.  Should Kaberle be suspended?  I mean, he was the nearest player when Alberts got hurt, right?

49, Frasier is probably right -- it could certainly have been an interference penalty.  But you can't watch that replay and tell me a suspension is warranted.  So they missed a 2-minute minor.  Big deal, happens all the time.  I like Raymond and truly wish him the best.  We think Burrows should have been suspended for the bite, and he wasn't, and then he scored the game winner next game.  We're over it.

Let's get over this nonsense, stop all the whineing, drop the victim mentality, and enjoy game 7. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond : If you don't think that Boychuk used the "can-opener"on Raymond, then you don't know what that is.  Check out Kerry Fraser's column on tsn.ca.  While he doesn't say that a suspension is warranted, he clearly states that Boychuk deserved a penalty.
    Posted by 49-North

I have read it over several times, I am not understanding how you can take those words of reason and turn it into "can opener"!  http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368912

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpJay76. Show SpJay76's posts

Any of you canucks fans that think boychuk was thinking to himself, hmmmm im going to brake this kids back, while he was going into the boards is a complete idiot and i feel sorry for you

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver GM remarks on misfortunate accident on Raymond : I have read it over several times, I am not understanding how you can take those words of reason and turn it into "can opener"!   http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=368912
    Posted by islamorada

Isla, I also read the article and it seems to me that 49 and other Van fans are confusing what was asked in the question with Fraser's answer. 2 different things. Fraser supported a call of 2 minutes for interference at most.How anyone thinks this is any way supports a suspension for Boychuk, is beyond me.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!! 1 MORE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Riding your posts are so meaningless , ridiculous . Never in my life I 've seen a moron with  so many non sense replies. Consult if you 're not already in an institution because you are really pitiful. In your case it's an emergency ...hurry! PS: it's not related to this post but all your posts are absurd! You're worse than a trisomic!
    Posted by WeCanKnockTheBruins

Do you think your posts take on more relevance the more times you post the exact same thing?
    If the King's posts are so absurd, a rebuttal should come easy.Maybe try that for your next post.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Riding; your posts are so meaningless , ridiculous . Never in my life I 've seen a moron with  so many non sense replies. Consult if you 're not already in an institution because you are really pitiful. In your case it's an emergency ...hurry! PS: it's not related to this post but all of your post are absurd!

Kudos to you for learning how to type considering your obvious learning disability.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Riding; your posts are so meaningless , ridiculous . Never in my life I 've seen a moron with  so many non sense replies. Consult if you 're not already in an institution because you are really pitiful. In your case it's an emergency ...hurry! PS: it's not related to this post but all of your post are absurd!

great, another idiot who learned how to copy and paste.

Sections
Shortcuts