Vancouver Matchup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Vancouver Matchup

Season
    Van                                               Bos
    54-19-9 117Pts 262G 185GA        46-25-11 103  246G  195GA
    Bos beat them 3-1 in Vanc

Playoffs
    Van                                                  Bos
    12-6  50G  46GA                              12-6  58G   45GA
    7-3Hm 26-22 5PPG 6PPGA               7-3Hm  29-22 4PPG 5PPGA
    5-3Rd  24-24  12     8                       5-3       29-23    1       8
    Faced
    Chi 97Pts 258-225 W4-3 16-22       Mon 96Pt 216-209 W4-3  17-17  
    Nas99     219-194  W4-2  14-11      Phi  106   259-223 W4-0  20-7
    SJ   105   248-213  W4-1  20-13      TB   103   247-240 W4-3  21-21
    301Pts   725-632                             305Pts   722-672
    Not much difference
     Lines
    DS HS AB      17G 34A 51Pt                    KHL     21G 22A 43Pts
    Kes Hig Ray  13G 20   33                       BMR     12   24   36
    Torr Lapie Hansen  5G 7A 12Pts            KR-S/P 14   22   36
    SamOresRomHodGlas 2-3-5                  CPT      3      5     8
    D                   14G  26A 40Pts                 D        8      30   38
    Edge Bos

It is already coming out about the elite level speed that Van has, I am so sick of hearing the speed factor from these teams coming against Bos. Mon Phi and TB were all supposed to obliterate the B's with their speed, hitting and forecheck, now it is Van.

Speed can kill, but it can also be contained, the B's have their lapses and allow these stretches and speed, but as a whole the D and TT have beaten this speed. What is never stated is that the B's have speed that is the sneaky factor, these are not the lumbering Bruins there is a lot of speed and noone is any faster than Seg Pev or Pail.

The place where the nucks have had an edge in the playoffs is their hitting, they are listed with 150 more hits than the B's, that is 8 hits more per game.

They also have 17PPG(3are 5-3) but have given up 14 to Bos 5 (1 is 5-3) and given up 13. The B's are 5-7 in last 2 series, so they are starting to score and shut down the PP.  Van had the best PP (72G) on season and again in playoffs, but TB was 2nd (69G) on season and had been 1st in playoffs, so there is nothing new here either. TB scored 1 in game 5 win, 1 in game 2 loss and 3 in game 6 win, so the PP really only decided game 6 for TB.
    Bos scored 2 in game 2 win, and 1 in game 6 loss.  This seems to show that the PP is not the deciding factor of the games, the 's need to be strong on PK and a better PP would help but it is not what has been deciding the B's games.

We have the D, we have the G, we have the O, we do not have the PP, I like our matchup far better than most on here.  We need to not retaliate to the b-s from Kes, torr and Lapdog, we are used to the shiite that has been brought from punks in every series now is not the time to let them be our undoing, egad we turned our cheek on cookie, it is time to turn it for good with a cup win.

***Only 1 team in last 12 has won the Stanley Cup without being the leading scoring team in the playoffs and that was Ana in 2007 being outscored 59-58 by Ott, but they did give up 2 less goals.

Bos at present leads 58-50, so if they give up 8 more goals than they score they deserve to lose.

My wife told me before the playoffs started not to bother watching as it was fixed from start of season and Van was winning the cup, last night I was elated with win and she said I already told you it was fixed and Van was winning. 

Please Bos defeat the odds and the naysayers and the fix and win the Cup, you are the better team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: Vancouver Matchup

Hmm.. I'm wondering how anyone would think that "the fix is in" favouring the Canucks, when the son of the NHL's Senior Vice-President of Hockey Operations plays for the Bruins?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Matchup:
    [QUOTE]Hmm.. I'm wondering how anyone would think that "the fix is in" favouring the Canucks, when the son of the NHL's Senior Vice-President of Hockey Operations plays for the Bruins?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Sigh

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just found this stat

Tim Thomas: 2.29 GAA, 0.929 save percentage, 12 wins, two shutouts
    Robeto Luongo: 2.29 GAA, 0.929 save percentage, 12 wins, two shutouts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Matchup : Sigh
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

No kidding, are these Montreal-type fan comments what we have to expect for the last series?  C'mon, I have friends in Vancouver; you guys are better than that.

Who would think we would miss TB and Philly fans?

PS: for the thread starter, tell your wife there was no "fix", the Canucks won the President's Trophy because of superior talent.  Of course Vancouver is the better team.  However, it doesnt mean a defensively sound team like the B's cant contain them (watch Weber in the Nashville series) enough to win 4 games first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm sitting in my backyard in Vancouver wearing my Bruins jersey. Had like four conversations with the neighbours on all sides of me today, and they were all good natured. Most Van fans I know are pretty classy. I certainly won't be nervous about walking aroud this town wearing black and gold.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Everyone knows how I put Tbay roster up there with ours.  Depth was close and as was evident in the series  It was decided by one goal.

I have already posted this. But I will again.  I think we match up better against Van than any team in the league. 
    The top two lines for both teams are good.  The 3rd-4th lines add depth. 

I think special teams are the huge factor here.  I personally think Van has the best 6-8 dmen group in the league.  But they are also getting beat up. 

Goaltending should be a wash.  Loungo and TT can either be amazing or have an off night. 

We can and will match every physical aspect in this series.  I am not sure I have been this excited for a series in a long time.

I think we steal game one.  I am taking it a game at a time.  We will win game 1.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone knows how I put Tbay roster up there with ours.  Depth was close and as was evident in the series  It was decided by one goal. I have already posted this. But I will again.  I think we match up better against Van than any team in the league.  The top two lines for both teams are good.  The 3rd-4th lines add depth.  I think special teams are the huge factor here.  I personally think Van has the best 6-8 dmen group in the league.  But they are also getting beat up.  Goaltending should be a wash.  Loungo and TT can either be amazing or have an off night.  We can and will match every physical aspect in this series.  I am not sure I have been this excited for a series in a long time. I think we steal game one.  I am taking it a game at a time.  We will win game 1.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

One game at a time???

I'm taking this one minute at a time.

And I'm going to deny everyone's reality and create my own.  If a 1-0 nucks win should happen, in my book it will go down as the first tie game in modern nhl history.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Good post shupe.

I found it interesting when the VS guys were asked which team Vancouver would rather not play against.  Roenick was all over TB, saying they are much more skilled and that Vancouver would have an easier time with Boston.  Jonesy simply stated "I dont think the Sedins want any part of Zdeno Chara."

Not just being a Boston fan, but after watching the Nashville series and Weber just shutting them dow, thats how I felt.  I think Vancouver does everything TB does, only better.  Boston is the opposite matchup.  We shall see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Matchup : Sigh
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

C'mon Red, you remember all those cups Florida won, with Campbell on their team.
    Your goalie stats indicate how little room for error, either team has. Luongo has really rebounded from a shaky start to the playoffs, and Thomas can't allow any soft goals.
    The bruins have been a Jekyll & Hyde team all year, but if the team that showed up last night, can hang around for the next couple of weeks, they could pull this off.
    They have a few practice days, and my wish would be, to see; working on the powerplay, with ORR & BOURQUE working with the D, and OATES & NEELY working with the forwards...Oh, and Geoff Ward making coffee runs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Offense:  Canucks

Goal Tending: A slight nod to the B's

Defense:  Advantage to the B's

Coaching: Canucks

Speacial Teams:  Canucks

In tangibles: Bruins

This is going 7 and it is going to be VERY good

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Roenick's just pissed that he never played for his hometown....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I like this matchup, because...
    -Playing back in Vancouver, could light a fire under LUCIC.
    -In overtimes, Vancouver's 4th line NEVER touched the ice. The bruin's solid 4th line could be key, in a long series.
    -Vancouver is my 2nd favourite team :)

I'M  LOVING THESE PLAYOFFS !!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

@ SoxFaninIL:
     You're correct about Weber's job on the Sedins in the Conf. semi-finals. 

You'll also recall that Kesler scored 11 points in that series.

Then, the Sharks focused on Kesler, and the Sedins killed them.

Pick your poison.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Oh, FYI: Malhotra's just been cleared to play in the Finals.  2nd best faceoff guy in the league, and just another thing for the Bruins powerplay to worry about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Here's some more good news favouring our B's.......

1. 6 of the 7 teams that won their conferrence title in a game 7 went on to win the Stanley Cup.

2. Bruins have OWNED Canucks historically, including the last 3 times they have met. Luongo has been beaten each of those times by Timmy T.

See more reasons why the Bruins stand a great chance to bring home the Cup:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=564028&navid=mod-rr-headlines

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

if we can play like we did in games 3 and 7 against TB we win hands down  those 2 games are what bruins hockey should be

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I was listening to Nick Kypreos and Doug Maclean on Hockey Central yesterday afternoon.  Both said despite what the Canucks may have said publically about not caring whom they play, privately they would rather play Tampa so they could avoid going against Chara, Bergeron, the Bruins' physicality and the unpredicatable Thomas who they rationalize when he is on his game can stone anyone. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I like the thinking here. The Sedins are going to see a healthy dose of Chara, but what the Bruins have that the other teams didn't was Bergeron's line to shut down Kessler's.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

To elaborate: I think any game can go one of three ways...

1. The big guns take over and superior talent wins the game.
    2. Goaltending steals a game.
    3. With everything else a wash, the 3rd lines and unsung heroes win the game.

Vancouver can win 2 games under the first scenario.

Both teams can win 1 game with a goaltender performance under the second scenario.

Boston's depth and ability to handle the tight games can win 2 games under the third scenario.

That leaves Game 7....and who knows what the deciding factor could be at that point?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Last night while watching the game I heard the annoucers saying Vancouver wants to play Bruins they are glad Bruins won  now get this CAUSE THEY THINK BRUINS ARE A PUSH OVER AND THEY WILL TAKE THE BRUINS

PROVE THEM WRONG  BRUINS BRUINS ARE NOT A PUSH OVER

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

PP after Feb meeting, in which MALHOLTRA played.

Defenseman Andrew Ference left with a lower body injury after taking a big hit in the first period. Coach Claude Julien didn't have an update on Ference, but was pleased by the way his team handled the final two periods with only five defenders, limiting the chances for the league's top scoring team, and holding their No. 1 ranked power play to just three shots on three chances.

Sounds about right.
    Salo -3, Kesl Ball HSed Burr Sam all -2, DSed -1

We also have the addition by subtraction, we are a far superior team without Thorn than with him.

All appear to be healthy.

Chara gets stronger every game, Seid is playing with a mission, Kab is quietly playing well(still awaiting PP tho), Fer and Boyc played best game in a while and Wolf is coming along.  This is the best D Van will face.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No4,

I would say Nashvilles Defense is pretty strong as well.  But Chara is gonna be the difference maker.  He has one goal.  Shut down the Gazoo Twins.
    And we must remember.  We havent played a team anywhere near what Van has.  Van's top 6 dmen are very very good. 

I still like the way we match up against them

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

By the time they drop the puck on game 1, the Canucks will have had 8 days off. We will have had 4 ourselves. What does everyone think about the layoff? Remeber what we ourselves were like in game 1 against Tampa. Think the Canucks could be a bit flat in game 1? I think this could be a factor. I think the Bruins might get bthe early jump in the series in game 1. And Lucic playing in VCR, we all know how that goes, playing in front of his family & friends. He is gonna light it up LARGE! GO 17!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]By the time they drop the puck on game 1, the Canucks will have had 8 days off. We will have had 4 ourselves. What does everyone think about the layoff? Remeber what we ourselves were like in game 1 against Tampa. Think the Canucks could be a bit flat in game 1? I think this could be a factor. I think the Bruins might get bthe early jump in the series in game 1. And Lucic playing in VCR, we all know how that goes, playing in front of his family & friends. He is gonna light it up LARGE! GO 17!!!
    Posted by BigChara[/QUOTE]

Advantage Bruins. 8 days is too long to be waiting for your next opponent. Good opportunity for the B's to establish a quick 1 game lead and steal home ice advantage early.