Vancouver Nasty

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Vancouver Nasty

In Response to Re: Vancouver Nasty:
    I doubt they this trade was made with the Bruins in mind, I think Vancouver overall wanted to add some sandpaper to their line up. To say theyre doing this so they'll be tougher against the Bruins is a little naive, Vancouver has to get through Detroit and now two improved deep teams in Nashville and San Jose..B's  have their hands full as well, not saying theres no chance of them seeing each other in the Finals, I just doubt any team makes a deal with whoever they think their playing in the Finals in mind.
    Posted by kelvana33

Agreed.  To assume they'll meet again is really pushing it.  They added a guy who plays a similar style that was displayed against them in The Finals. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Zach Kassian is a dirtier, less skilled player in the Lucic mold. This is not a good trade in terms of value for value, but Kassian is a guy who can potentially bring toughness and actually play minutes. I think it was a very good trade for Vancouver, 49-North should be pleased. I don't know that it addresses Vancouver's fundamental problem of having soft go-to players in the twins, Luongo, but it was a very good attempt by the GM. He also picked up Pahlsson, who might be able to show Henrik and Daniel that a Swede can play with sandpaper. These moves were the best he could do without totally blowing up the nucleus of the team. I think Vancouver with these guys, and David Booth, is a more dangerous opponent now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Nasty : You're talking about Zach Kassian drafted by the Sabres or the goon on the Wild, Matt Kassian ? Zach Kassian for his size is a good skater.  I'm telling you guys he'll surprise you.  
    Posted by BsLegion

This was a good trade for the Sabres because they needed scoring.  But scoring is NOT a problem with the Canucks and Kassian will make others play bigger.  He is exactly what they need.

I hate the Canucks with a passion, but they will be a much tougher team to play in the playoffs. 

Again, I agree with Legion's analysis on this one.  I was hoping my very soft Leafs could acquire Kassian somehow. I also was listening to the Sabres radio station recently and they opined that Kassian would be one of the untouchables on the Sabres.  

Will be a good trade for both teams. 

Time will tell, but watch out for the dreaded Canucks.  They made some nice moves this year getting Pahlsson, Booth and now Kassian. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

This is the dumbest trade Vancouver could have made. Hodgson was the scoring depth they needed on the third line, and they just lost it for  tough guy who can't score. Hodgson is way underrated by folks trying to spin this as a good deal for Van. it is not.
    Posted by shaunk

Shupe needs to see this, giveaway 6th top scorer, while being 3rd center behind sediment and kesseller and only ahead of Weise and Lapierre in time played per game.

They should have traded him for a tough guy that can score like ... Torres and we all know how well that worked, last year! hahahahahahahahahahaha

What a botch of youth, not quite as bad as the Neely trade...yet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Nasty : You're talking about Zach Kassian drafted by the Sabres or the goon on the Wild, Matt Kassian ? Zach Kassian for his size is a good skater.  I'm telling you guys he'll surprise you.  
    Posted by BsLegion

Zach.  Maybe you've seen him more than me, but when I've watched him I thought his skating was conspicuously bad.  I mean Lucic isn't a great skater either, so you never know.  But I know Hodgson scared me.  More than a bad skating tough guy.  We'll see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Pahlsson is at the stage PJ was, not worth keeping. 1 half decent playoff in his career, 1 year with a plus minus in the plus.

Camb is a better player than him and he is playing 4th for us, Van will be happy with him as a 3rd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Nasty : Zach.  Maybe you've seen him more than me, but when I've watched him I thought his skating was conspicuously bad.  I mean Lucic isn't a great skater either, so you never know.  But I know Hodgson scared me.  More than a bad skating tough guy.  We'll see.
    Posted by Fletcher1

This.

Not only do you go through the Sedin's and Kesler, a team would have to face Hodgson as the third line center, and if the B's faced Van somehow in the final again, HE was the guy who could be their difference maker. I really believe that. Now they have Kassian and Pahlsson. They won't be hitting much of anything when Datsyuk or Couture are looping circles around those guys. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Great move by Buffalo to get Hodgson and a first round pick for Gaustad.  They are the true winner of this deadline. 

Vancouver are idiots.  The justification that Hogdson was expendable because he was behind Kessler and Sedin on the center depth chart is just plain stupid.  Imagine if the B's were to give up Seguin (a skilled player and high draft pick like Hodgson) because he was behind Bergeron and Krejci at center.  The B's have made it work by moving guys around and now have more depth at the more important center position if the need should arise.  Vancouver will realize how stupid they are if Kessler goes down and Sammi Paulson ends up as their second line center.  The way I see it, they simply replaced Raffi Torres with Kassian. 

The media are freaken stupid to say that the Canucks won the trade deadline...far from it... The Sabres won this one....hands down. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Nasty : Zach Kassian has a rep and hit some players in vulnerable positions back in his junior days. The suspension he got in the WJC championships was bogus. Also scored some nice goals when called up by Buffalo and won a fight against Sestito ( i think). This season is his first pre-season and many around here have yet to see what this kid can do.
    Posted by BsLegion

You don't have to convince me. There were a lot of games when he played for Windsor where he stuck out as a lot better then everyone else. He has nice skills for a big rugged guy ( including skating ).

winexpos, where are you on this one ?

Sections
Shortcuts