Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless

In Response to Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless:
    The refs are clearly in Vancouver's back pocket. It didn't appear Lucic was on the bench yet. But, the LaPierres, Burrows, Hansen, etc, all do the same things they were doing last June.  The ganging up on Thornton with LaPierre punching him from behind was an embarrassment. Weisse's behavior as their resident goon is also a joke. They can't even employ a normal goon. Pathetic! I want blood.  McQuaid needs to go after Hansen next. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII

Garbage call on Marchand. Salo lunges high and Marchand tries for a hip check.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

How doesn't Salo get the unsportsmanlike for throwing his stick there?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless:
    In Response to Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : Garbage call on Marchand. Salo lunges high and Marchand tries for a hip check.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Oh man, that couldn't be any more apologetic and completely false!  C'mon Dez.  That's not the first time Marchand has pulled that exact move against the exact team.

I hope he's happy with that power play goal against that rests squarely on his shoulders.

Such a dirty player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Marchand hit Salo on the hip and he gets tossed ? Pathetic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

How doesn't Salo get the unsportsmanlike for throwing his stick there?
    Posted by red75

I thought Marchand's hip got him on the thigh and he flipped him on his head. That's old-school.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

He is injured Red. For Salo that means likely the end of his year. I have no probelm with letting it go.

What I do not lke is the non-call against Sedin in the ensuing pp for crosschekcing Seidenberg in the back and caving him in . After everything that has been called how can the refs let that one go?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Thought I saw a slash that broke Chara's stick on a good scoring chance?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Lucic and Marchand.  If anyone is going to do stupid crap to cause a loss, it's those two.

Correct call on Marchand.  Horrible call on Sequin and Krecji.  
    And a gimme by Thomas on the second but it was a pp.

Bruins are losing this game.  That's it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : Oh man, that couldn't be any more apologetic and completely false!  C'mon Dez.  That's not the first time Marchand has pulled that exact move against the exact team. I hope he's happy with that power play goal against that rests squarely on his shoulders. Such a dirty player.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Ridiculous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I didn't like the hit from Marchand.  I also didn't like that hit earlier when Ballard did it to Campbell.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Marchand hit Salo on the hip and he gets tossed ? Pathetic.
    Posted by 50belowzero

That was a bogus call on Marchand that ruined a good hockey game.  As you say the check was on the hip.  If he had taken him out at the knees then it is a legit call but watch it again and that didn't happen.  This was a called based on Marchand's reputation and the fact that Salo stayed down.  I could have lived with a 2 minute minor as a bit of a warning to Marchand but the 5 minute major is bs!!  The reffing has been terrible all day mostly against the Bruins but the Bruins 2nd goal should have been icing.  I am sure these reffs were hand-picked for this game and with the pressure on they have choked!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It was a submarine... five for sure. Just think Salo should have got the penalty for throwing the stick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : Oh man, that couldn't be any more apologetic and completely false!  C'mon Dez.  That's not the first time Marchand has pulled that exact move against the exact team. I hope he's happy with that power play goal against that rests squarely on his shoulders. Such a dirty player.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Hamhuis up-ended Lucic in similar fashion during Game 1... don't remember a call on that or outrage from you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I didn't like the hit from Marchand.  I also didn't like that hit earlier when Ballard did it to Campbell.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Hip on thigh to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

It was a submarine... five for sure. Just think Salo should have got the penalty for throwing the stick.
    Posted by red75

He didn't take him out at the knees.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Marchand should get 4 or 5 games for that low bridge. You simply can`t be doing that. To easy to blow out guys knees and have guys landing on there head. Selfish dumb play that deserves a suspension.

Marchand is to good of a player to be doing that stuff. I hate it when he makes cheap dangerous plays like that. Hurt the team as well as the PK is not getting it done today. Just terrible.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : Hip on thigh to me.
    Posted by dezaruchi

It wasn't hip at all.  A hip check generally has to do with the hip.  And no, not The Hip (Love Day for Night!) but the body part.  Marchand bends over at the last second and gets him with the mid-section, rib cage area.  That's no hip check and was no attempt at a hip check.  Watch it again.

And there's another one for Vancouver during Marchand's stupid penalty.  Let's keep defending Marchand, however.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

More poor reffing.  Ridiculous even up call on a tiny little hook by Sedin.  These guys are terrible.  Way to go Krejci - 4-3.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hamhuis up-ended Lucic in similar fashion during Game 1... don't remember a call on that or outrage from you? Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXVuuMamyqQ

Absolutely no difference whatsoever!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : He didn't take him out at the knees.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Right above the knees, no hip, midsection and rib cage. In any rulebook, that's a clip.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

For me, if their both moving like hamhuis-Lucic and I think Doughty got Hall with it, 99% it's a d-man on forward, you get my point, but like I was saying if their both moving i dont see a problem with the hit, it's when one is standing still and ducks at the last second. To me thats a little shady. I will say, If Chris kelly does that in the same situation, he gets a 2 min minor if anything. I will say though, Marchand has it down to a science.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : Right above the knees, no hip, midsection and rib cage. In any rulebook, that's a clip.
    Posted by red75

We disagree.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : We disagree.
    Posted by dezaruchi

On that, we agree. ;)

Sections
Shortcuts