Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless

Mushmouth on Salo:  please take note that Salo did not have the puck.  Two players going for the puck, Mushy decides at the last second that he's not taking the puck, he's going for Salo's knees instead.  So, interference, at the very least.  A dirty play, when you look at intent.

I'm sure Canuck fans were not 100% happy with the officiating either -- since when is "declining a fight" a 2-minute penalty?

As predicted, special teams were the difference.

What a shot by Hodgson -- this kid's got some serious game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Forget about Marchand, what bothers me is Lucic getting the book thrown at him when 7 different Canucks got a piece of Thornton in the same scrum.  Total reputation call on the Bruins.  Either a guy from the bench can come in, or they can't.  Lucic kicked out AND a 5-3 there.  A Canuck goal, and a long, long kill for the Bruins and their momentum.

Van Massenhoven is developing a reputation for this with the Bruins -- he promptly kicked Marchand and Lucic out of the last game he reffed too.

It makes one wonder if all of the crying, whining, riots, conspiracy theories, and bitterness in Vancouver have left some refs just a little interested in evening the score. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless:
    [QUOTE]Mushmouth on Salo:  please take note that Salo did not have the puck.  Two players going for the puck, Mushy decides at the last second that he's not taking the puck, he's going for Salo's knees instead.  So, interference, at the very least.  A dirty play, when you look at intent. I'm sure Canuck fans were not 100% happy with the officiating either -- since when is "declining a fight" a 2-minute penalty? As predicted, special teams were the difference. What a shot by Hodgson -- this kid's got some serious game.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

He didn't decline, he motioned to go, and then when the Bruin agreed he backed off. It's called baiting and it's absolute bush league. Unsportsmanlike for sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Mushmouth on Salo:  please take note that Salo did not have the puck.  Two players going for the puck, Mushy decides at the last second that he's not taking the puck, he's going for Salo's knees instead.  So, interference, at the very least.  A dirty play, when you look at intent. I'm sure Canuck fans were not 100% happy with the officiating either -- since when is "declining a fight" a 2-minute penalty? As predicted, special teams were the difference. What a shot by Hodgson -- this kid's got some serious game.

That's an easy one.  When you square up, shake your gloves, nod your head...and then run away when the other guy is fooled into dropping his gloves.  That should get you 2 minutes every time.  If you don't want to fight, fine.  Don't fight.  But don't pretend you want to fight just to trick the other player, and the ref, only to run away.  How can you defend that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Canucks should really be ashamed of the mockery they have made of their national sport.  It is truly disgusting how they continue to play the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't like the hit from Marchand.  I also didn't like that hit earlier when Ballard did it to Campbell.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

exactly !  I'm okay when the refs call low hits but when Hamhuis did it Lucic  its A GOOD OLD HOCKEY HIT !
    Ballard got away with it also today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I agree but not 5mins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from terribleturk. Show terribleturk's posts

Take out the 2 players the Canucks fear the most on marginal calls. How convienient. Brutal officiating all around. BTW NAS you must be a closet HABS or Canucks fan if you dont appreciate Marchand. Maybe you should start posting on Habs Inside Out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Agree with you here Fletch. That was very pre-emptive on his part and now Lucic may be  looking at a suspension because of it. All for him doing nothing really

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

One of the worst officiated games you will ever see.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE] -- since when is "declining a fight" a 2-minute penalty?

OMG how can you defend the guy ? that was what the title of this thread stipulates!That was some yellow, pansy, fake, dis-honorable thing I've seen in a long time. HECK even Lapierre doesn't stoop that low.
    Weiss should have gotten a 10mins misconduct. Don't forget the ref heard everything, Weiss probably initiated, said let's go and then fakes it ?  Give me a break . 
    This proves my point on the Canucks strategy , being the no1 PP in a the regular season again,  they wanted to engage , lure the Bruins and walk away. Here's the proof.
    You should take your statement back or you lose all credibility here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

It sucked having to listen to the NHL network announcers too. It would be one thing if Boston was playing in Vancouver, but the announcers couldn't have been anymore one sided for VC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : He didn't decline, he motioned to go, and then when the Bruin agreed he backed off. It's called baiting and it's absolute bush league. Unsportsmanlike for sure.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I'm at work, so couldn't watch the game, but listened to the radio call.  So didn't see any 'motioning to go'.  If that's what happened, then sending them both off is a legit call. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : OMG how can you defend the guy ? that was what the title of this thread stipulates!That was some yellow, pansy, fake, dis-honorable thing I've seen in a long time. HECK even Lapierre doesn't stoop that low. Weiss should have gotten a 10mins misconduct. Don't forget the ref heard everything, Weiss probably initiated, said let's go and then fakes it ?  Give me a break .  This proves my point on the Canucks strategy , being the no1 PP in a the regular season again,  they wanted to engage , lure the Bruins and walk away. Here's the proof. You should take your statement back or you lose all credibility here.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Legion, cut 49 some slack, he mentioned in another thread he did not watch the game but listened ton it on the radio.

I am sure once he watches it he will be embarrased for his team as I would be if my "tough guy" did the same.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : I'm at work, so couldn't watch the game, but listened to the radio call.  So didn't see any 'motioning to go'.  If that's what happened, then sending them both off is a legit call. 

Yeah 49, that's exactly what happened. You can even read his lips in the replay.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : That's an easy one.  When you square up, shake your gloves, nod your head...and then run away when the other guy is fooled into dropping his gloves.  That should get you 2 minutes every time.  If you don't want to fight, fine.  Don't fight.  But don't pretend you want to fight just to trick the other player, and the ref, only to run away.  How can you defend that?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Agreed......what I'd like to know is how can you face your teamates after pulling a stunt like that? That's gotta be one of the most gutless things I've ever seen watching hockey for 40 years!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : exactly !  I'm okay when the refs call low hits but when Hamhuis did it Lucic  its A GOOD OLD HOCKEY HIT ! Ballard got away with it also today.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

A difference there, is that Hamhuis backed in and got him with his posterior.  Lucic knew the hit was coming.  In hockey, they call that a "hip check".

Salo had no indication that there was any leg breaking hit coming.  He's just skating towards the puck and BOOM, the guy in front of him ducks and takes out his legs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Meaningless regular season game!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : A difference there, is that Hamhuis backed in and got him with his posterior.  Lucic knew the hit was coming.  In hockey, they call that a "hip check". Salo had no indication that there was any leg breaking hit coming.  He's just skating towards the puck and BOOM, the guy in front of him ducks and takes out his legs.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I re-watched it.  Although what do you think Salo's intentions were ?
    If Marchand just stands there he would have been hit from behind, Salo was not only going for the puck, he was going to hit Marchand from behind.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : Agreed......what I'd like to know is how can you face your teamates after pulling a stunt like that? That's gotta be one of the most gutless things I've ever seen watching hockey for 40 years!
    Posted by rochesternybruinfan[/QUOTE]

Seriously?  As they say on ESPN Monday Night Countdown: "C'mon, Man!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : Seriously?  As they say on ESPN Monday Night Countdown: "C'mon, Man!"

Watch the replay when you get home 49. Maybe not near the exageration above, but it was pretty damn cowardly and cheap. The type of thing I'd expect to see in the CWHL or ECHL. Not the NHL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochesternybruinfan. Show rochesternybruinfan's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still OkFlat Out Gutless:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : Watch the replay when you get home 49. Maybe not near the exageration above, but it was pretty damn cowardly and cheap. The type of thing I'd expect to see in the CWHL or ECHL. Not the NHL.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Ok  maybe I was a little harsh but it was pretty bad and he will be suspended I'm sure

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still OkFlat Out Gutless : Ok  maybe I was a little harsh but it was pretty bad and he will be suspended I'm sure
    Posted by rochesternybruinfan[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see it, but when was the last time they gave a suspension for an unsportsmanlike to someone not named Avery? I doubt it will happen

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I like hip checks and have no problem with them when anyone throws them. The reffing was bad, but the lowest point in the game was Weise saying he wanted to go and then backing down and looking at the official. That literally made me want to barf. That is not hockey. I despise the Canucks more than any other team. I was glad at least Weise(L?) got a penalty.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless": [QUOTE]In Response to Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : Garbage call on Marchand. Salo lunges high and Marchand tries for a hip check. Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE] Dude....that was a bad hit Marchand intentionally low bridged Salo