Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless

In response to "Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless": [QUOTE]Mushmouth on Salo:  please take note that Salo did not have the puck.  Two players going for the puck, Mushy decides at the last second that he's not taking the puck, he's going for Salo's knees instead.  So, interference, at the very least.  A dirty play, when you look at intent. I'm sure Canuck fans were not 100% happy with the officiating either -- since when is "declining a fight" a 2-minute penalty? As predicted, special teams were the difference. What a shot by Hodgson -- this kid's got some serious game. Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE] Its called unsportsman like you can get that for talking

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A bad hit by Marchand.  You might also watch the game tape at 8:44 remaining in the second period to see Ballard dive down to lowbridge Campbell on a similar hit.  No penalty, although Campbell asked him to fight, and was turned down.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

The hamhuis hit on Lucic I have no problem with. Good hip check. The Ballard one I don't like, he either had bad intent or does not know how to throw a hip check. . The Marchand ones are dirty. Your playing with peoples careers there. I like Marchand, i understand he has to play with an edge, I have no problem with that, but if I were Sami Salo I'd break my stick right over his big nose.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Perfect thread to add this link.  Even Joe Haggerty ends his article with the OPs subject.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/post/Thornton-has-eventuful-day-against-Vanco?blockID=626982&feedID=10428

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless:
    [QUOTE]The hamhuis hit on Lucic I have no problem with. Good hip check. The Ballard one I don't like, he either had bad intent or does not know how to throw a hip check. . The Marchand ones are dirty. Your playing with peoples careers there. I like Marchand, i understand he has to play with an edge, I have no problem with that, but if I were Sami Salo I'd break my stick right over his big nose.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Kel, on HNIC, former Bruin PJ Stock just read the clipping rule and finished by saying, "say what you will but Marchand's hit was above the knees. It wasn't illegal".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : Kel, on HNIC, former Bruin PJ Stock just read the clipping rule and finished by saying, "say what you will but Marchand's hit was above the knees. It wasn't illegal".
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez - You also must have seen him bring into account the height difference of both players - probably something he would have first-hand experience in.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : Kel, on HNIC, former Bruin PJ Stock just read the clipping rule and finished by saying, "say what you will but Marchand's hit was above the knees. It wasn't illegal".
    Its what i have maintained all along, if people want to paint Brad as dirty you likely aren't going to change their minds. Maybe the haters should try living a day at 5'9".The hit wasn't below the knee's or even at the knee's. Really sorry Salo fell on his head/shoulder but hockey is a fast, tough game. Maybe its just a nordic thing as both Salo and Sedin fell for it. (pardon the pun)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

We learned something today - the Bruins are a much better team than the Van-loser Canucks.

When the game was 5 v 5 the Bruins dominated.  Only the bogus refereeing saved the pansies from the great white north.

And all the gift wrapped PPs for Vancouver weren't even enough!

Only when they called the bogus 5 minute penalty on Marchand did the referees finally accomplish their mission.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Can we get an opinion from someone who isn't a former skating clown?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I think the way the nucks approached and played todays game just shows me they know the bruins are the better team. Funny how a team who is supose to be so speedy skilled and quick knew they had to play the cowards and fake tough guys game. They knew they can't beat the bruins straight up 5 on 5. It worked and got them the two points but the only reason the bruins lost is because they lost their cool at times in the game wich is understably so to anyone who watched it. I am not going to blame the refs for losing the game to me this is on the bruins for takeing the bait from the nucks. Not critizing the bruins for doing what they did but their actions cost them todays game with all the power plays the nucks got. The bruins couldn't give the nucks possibly anymore golden opurtunitys than they did and they still lost by only one goal.

Hope we meet again in the finals because there is no doubt in my mind the series would end with the bruins hoisting the cup again. Nucks got todays battle but I like the bruins chances of winning the war before this season and playoffs are over. At least for those of us who " enjoy the skating clown stuff" there was plenty of it in todays game. Brad's hit still not sure what I think of it but hats off to Julien who stood up in front of the media and defended the actions of his players. I am really starting to develop a man crush on claude. Has he_l frozen over?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]Are we going to blame the refs? Or maybe the Bs for getting suckered into getting penalties?  I'll take the latter.   I saw a game in which the calls went both ways (a free goal on an icing call missed? A penalty shot stopped?)  The Canucks came in looking to aggravate the Bs and create PP opportunties and eliminate the 5 on 5 advantage.  The Bs got into a "punk" mindset, obliged them, and lost.   No excuses.  Bs were 0-Fers on the PP.  Van buried 4 of them on the PP. Canucks came to beat the Bruins.  Bruins came to beat UP the Canucks.  It's over and done.  No one won a Cup tonight.   It's sad, though.  If the Bs played above the fray, they would've whupped them.  Hope they learned their lesson.  
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Pretty much spot on. I think the bruins just need to find the fine line between out of control and just enough controlled rage. Kinda reminds me of the habs in 09 when we swept them very similar to the stuff the nucks do now and did today except the nucks are much more talanted than the habs were.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Dirty hit by Marchand, and he was punished duly in the game. He should get no more than a one game suspension due to the game misconduct.

I will say this: Claude Julien's comments after the game seem to indicate that Marchand, or other players, did have to defend themselves from cheap shots from the Canucks. He is usually critical of Marchand when he makes a stupid play, and he somewhat defended him there.

Still, dirty hit, but there are a lot of things that happen in context of the game that we either don't see or are not paying attention to that lead to things like Marchand's cheap shot...can't look at it in isolation.

Also, this was a highly emotional game. Tough for me, as a fan, to expect these guys to go to the cliff ledge and not do something to jump off. This is the nature of hockey, whether or not people agree with individual hits. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdaigle56. Show bdaigle56's posts

All I can say is Vancouver is a spineless, cowardly and a puss team. When you square off on the puck drop then run away you are a big Puss, an embarrassment to your team and city. I wish we could play them a few more times. I could care less if we win just beat these little punks up and down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

If you're a Canucks fan, are you happy today?  Not really.  They showed how wussy they are to the whole league.

If you're a Bruins fan, you know this team will be more disciplined come playoff time. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : Can we get an opinion from someone who isn't a former skating clown?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    How about CJ? He said Marchand was simply protecting himself. Is CJ wrong too? Maybe he doesn't know the game very well either. I'm still learning myself so cut me some slack.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Are we going to blame the refs? Or maybe the Bs for getting suckered into getting penalties?  I'll take the latter.   I saw a game in which the calls went both ways (a free goal on an icing call missed? A penalty shot stopped?)  The Canucks came in looking to aggravate the Bs and create PP opportunties and eliminate the 5 on 5 advantage.  The Bs got into a "punk" mindset, obliged them, and lost.   No excuses.  Bs were 0-Fers on the PP.  Van buried 4 of them on the PP. Canucks came to beat the Bruins.  Bruins came to beat UP the Canucks.  It's over and done.  No one won a Cup tonight.   It's sad, though.  If the Bs played above the fray, they would've whupped them.  Hope they learned their lesson.  
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    I guess you didn't watch the signal from the linesman either. Icing was waved off. You play to the whistle. What's the penalty shot have to do with anything? Does making 1 correct call mean the other calls don't matter? The refs were pretty bad both ways. I still haven't seen what DK or Sedin did to "earn" their penalties. Let them play is my request. I hate it when refs try to become part of a game's outcome. I feel if a game is properly called, you won't even remember who the officials were.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : I guess you didn't watch the signal from the linesman either. Icing was waved off. You play to the whistle. What's the penalty shot have to do with anything? Does making 1 correct call mean the other calls don't matter? The refs were pretty bad both ways. I still haven't seen what DK or Sedin did to "earn" their penalties. Let them play is my request. I hate it when refs try to become part of a game's outcome. I feel if a game is properly called, you won't even remember who the officials were.

What I object to, with VanMass in particular, is this preference for just ejecting players when he sees things he doesn't like.  This happened in the Carolina game too.  Whether it's starting a scrum, trash-talking, or a questionable hit, you can't just throw someone out of a game because you don't feel like dealing with them.  Lucic's issue could easily have been reviewed on the tape -- they took 15 minutes to restart the game anyhow.  It seems to me that VanMass is just tired of dealing with Lucic and Marchand, so he just sends them packing, rules be damned.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : What I object to, with VanMass in particular, is this preference for just ejecting players when he sees things he doesn't like.  This happened in the Carolina game too.  Whether it's starting a scrum, trash-talking, or a questionable hit, you can't just throw someone out of a game because you don't feel like dealing with them.  Lucic's issue could easily have been reviewed on the tape -- they took 15 minutes to restart the game anyhow.  It seems to me that VanMass is just tired of dealing with Lucic and Marchand, so he just sends them packing, rules be damned.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Fletch, you're spot on. By VanMass's logic, he should just toss out guys like Ott, Avery, Carcillo,etc., at the start of each game for being too hard to deal with(new rule 420.420).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : (new rule 420.420). Posted by dezaruchi [/QUOTE]

No Dez that rule is already out there so you'll have to pick another number. It's not 4:20PM just yet ok, so have some patience will yah...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless : No Dez that rule is already out there so you'll have to pick another number. It's not 4:20PM just yet ok, so have some patience will yah...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    It's too late.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achilles2004. Show Achilles2004's posts

Oh, the irony. Bruins fans complaining about refereeing. I thought I had come across a comedy chat room and not a sports discussion. I love how Bruins like to deviate from true hockey skills and beat up on people, then call others gutless when they choose not to do the same. I will take talent over bullying every day. Unless you are living in a cave (or in Boston) this style of hockey is on its way out. I sense a bit of fear in your comments. If the referees actually start calling every Bruin infraction, you are toast.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, the irony. Bruins fans complaining about refereeing. I thought I had come across a comedy chat room and not a sports discussion. I love how Bruins like to deviate from true hockey skills and beat up on people, then call others gutless when they choose not to do the same. I will take talent over bullying every day. Unless you are living in a cave (or in Boston) this style of hockey is on its way out. I sense a bit of fear in your comments. If the referees actually start calling every Bruin infraction, you are toast.
    Posted by Achilles2004[/QUOTE]
    What led you to that conclusion? Was it the Bruins Cup victory? Thanks for trolling out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, the irony. Bruins fans complaining about refereeing. I thought I had come across a comedy chat room and not a sports discussion. I love how Bruins like to deviate from true hockey skills and beat up on people, then call others gutless when they choose not to do the same. I will take talent over bullying every day. Unless you are living in a cave (or in Boston) this style of hockey is on its way out. I sense a bit of fear in your comments. If the referees actually start calling every Bruin infraction, you are toast.
    Posted by Achilles2004[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked, the B's are
    1. DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
    2. Lead the NHL in offense and defense
    3. Only get beat when the other team gets a ton of
    PP opportunities

As for beating up on the opponent. If it's the Vancouver Canucks, Dallas Stars,
    Montreal Canadiens, and Philadelphia Flyers, as far I'm concerned, start with the constant fake I'm hurt routines, the acting tripping plays, the other team's check was bloody murder (when it really was just a good body check) complaints, the other coaches whining, the other players making ridiculous statements about who is better or who's tires are not being pumped enough.....My message to the B's, club them to death. I hate all 4 of those teams and I expect nothing less than a blood bath against them. Wussy fans go watch the LA Kings, a team that is as lifeless, fightless, and boring with a great goalie. The B's brand of hockey might be a throwback, but it works often, and the team wins Cups with it. Go B's!