Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless

Must be talent when Weise, Burrows, and others are cheapshotting....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Funniest line from the NHL 24/7 classic stuff was Hartnell's great line about Barnes on Pittsburgh during a penalty call, when Hartnell responds to Barnes' complaints to the refs saying "you're the dirtiest player in the league"....I give Hartnell respect on that one, he's right.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless:
    [QUOTE]Oh, the irony. Bruins fans complaining about refereeing. I thought I had come across a comedy chat room and not a sports discussion. I love how Bruins like to deviate from true hockey skills and beat up on people, then call others gutless when they choose not to do the same. I will take talent over bullying every day. Unless you are living in a cave (or in Boston) this style of hockey is on its way out. I sense a bit of fear in your comments. If the referees actually start calling every Bruin infraction, you are toast.
    Posted by Achilles2004[/QUOTE]
    Do you take diving, whining and crying over tough hockey as well ? If you do, i feel sorry for you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Bieksa somehow surpassed Luongo in ignorant post-game comments.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]Bieksa somehow surpassed Luongo in ignorant post-game comments.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

I missed this... got a link?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Ballard hit Soups exactly as Marchand hit Salo. Either call both w/same penalties or don't call either. Lucic was hit exactly the same in the Finals last year and it was treated as highlight reel fodder to show how "hard fought" the series is.

The larger point is if the Bruins keep cooler heads theywin that game b/c 5 on 5 they are the better team. It's one thing in a regular season game to make those bad decisions but if they meet again in the Finals the Bruins must play smarter.

Worse call than either Marchand/Salo (which, you have to admit, could be called a clip even if Marchand is a small player)or the non-call on Ballard/Campbell was the "trip" by Seguin on Kesler,  which was no trip at all. That lame call resulted in a PP goal as well.

The refs were scared in that game. They blew the call on Lucic (he was not yet on the bench) and continued to ref scared throughout the rest of the game.

Unfortunately the B's can't rely on calm reffing....they need to stay out of the penalety box vs. the Nucks if they want to win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Never was there a more appropriate headline to a thread than this one...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from surfingdjc. Show surfingdjc's posts

Should Marcahnd be suspended.

According to the clipping rule. You can't take a player out below the knees. This hit was at the waste.....plain as day. Therefore regadless of it's intent you cannot suspend him for a clip if it is not a clip. Case in point Cooke on Savard. When that waste of a player Cooke hit Savard there was no rule on head shots yet just attemt to injure (which I think it was.) Therefore the NHL did not suspend Cooke. Unfortunately for us the call would be right because there was no head shot rule yet and the NHL didn't see it as intent to injure. So since Marcahnd's is not a clip there shouldn't be a suspension. 
       So far I like what Shanahan has done. Let's see what happens today. If he is suspended then he is bowing to pressure from the precious Canucks.
       I like Marchand and he is a weasel. He is dirty at times like with Niskenen. But i don't think this hit is dirty. Scott Stevens did this a lot and the league thought it was great back then. 
       On another note. Check out HNIC coaches corner from Saturday night. Cherry wouldn't directly call out Marcahnd but he did call out Wise for not fighting Thorton. Also They cleary admitted that the think Jack Edwards is biased yet Cherry also pointed out how biased Vancouvers announcers are. I had to watch the game on NHL network with there announcers and they were pathetic. They are still complaining about the finals and the Bruins tactics. They also said the Bruins have a Pack mentality. I call that a team mentaility which is why we one the cup..

Nuff said.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from surfingdjc. Show surfingdjc's posts

Should Marcahnd be suspended.

According to the clipping rule. You can't take a player out below the knees. This hit was at the waste.....plain as day. Therefore regadless of it's intent you cannot suspend him for a clip if it is not a clip. Case in point Cooke on Savard. When that waste of a player Cooke hit Savard there was no rule on head shots yet just attemt to injure (which I think it was.) Therefore the NHL did not suspend Cooke. Unfortunately for us the call would be right because there was no head shot rule yet and the NHL didn't see it as intent to injure. So since Marcahnd's is not a clip there shouldn't be a suspension. 
       So far I like what Shanahan has done. Let's see what happens today. If he is suspended then he is bowing to pressure from the precious Canucks.
       I like Marchand and he is a weasel. He is dirty at times like with Niskenen. But i don't think this hit is dirty. Scott Stevens did this a lot and the league thought it was great back then. 
       On another note. Check out HNIC coaches corner from Saturday night. Cherry wouldn't directly call out Marcahnd but he did call out Wise for not fighting Thorton. Also They cleary admitted that the think Jack Edwards is biased yet Cherry also pointed out how biased Vancouvers announcers are. I had to watch the game on NHL network with there announcers and they were pathetic. They are still complaining about the finals and the Bruins tactics. They also said the Bruins have a Pack mentality. I call that a team mentaility which is why we one the cup..

Nuff said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver Still Flat Out Gutless:
    [QUOTE]I missed this... got a link?
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/hockey/vancouver-canucks/Vancouver+wins+game+loses+Salo+Canucks+furious+Marchand+cheap+shot/5962508/story.html