Vancouver - What to expect?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Vancouver - What to expect?

If Lucic gets suspended for that, then the Canucks who reached from the bench and went after Thornton too should get the same punishment.  And I believe one of them was a Sedin.  Shanny won't have the guts to suspend a Sedin.  Vancouver would burn.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GillesGilbert. Show GillesGilbert's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect?:
    Depnds how they interpret the rule - he had one foot on the bench. By the letter of the rule, that's an automatic ten games. Un-bloody-real if Shanny does that.
    Posted by red75

But I assume that Lucic was supposed to be on the ice since he would have been replacing Paille. That is, he wasn't an extra player leaving the bench. Not sure how the Canucks can have 6 guys on Thornton and another skate by in the foreground and not have someone thrown out of the game. Specifically, Henrik was one of the first four to go after Thornton while his replacement was already on the ice. Shouldn't matter that he eventually left the ice.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

To all the "just another game" people............good call

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

F___ ___ Don VanMassenhoven and Dan O’Rourke!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Yet another team the Bruins have bad blood with.  The B's seem to be the club some other teams use to measure their toughness/manhood quotient.  Earlier this season it was Buffalo.  Today it's the Canucks. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

F___ ___ Don VanMassenhoven and Dan O’Rourke!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Agreed!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This Vancouver team did not learn anything from last year.  They still are as gutless and classless as they were last year and still don't seem to realize that their lack of character cost them the Stanley Cup. 
    Posted by huntbri

huntbri - RogerSportsNet West Coast announcer and Canucks colour guy John Garrett was on THE FAN 590 yesterday and was asked by Nick Kypreos if the team has reduced their perceived arrogance from last year after being humbled by the Bruins.  His answer was no. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

When Canuck fans complain about officiating, it's called "whining".  What is it when B's fans complain?  Legit commentary?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

When Canuck fans complain about officiating, it's called "whining".  What is it when B's fans complain?  Legit commentary?
    Posted by 49-North

It depends if the complaining has merit.  I'm okay with the Marchand call (5 minutes might be a little strong), but don't understand the Lucic call in light of the 7 Canuck players going after Thornton.  Be consistent there, no?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect? : It depends if the complaining has merit.  I'm okay with the Marchand call (5 minutes might be a little strong), but don't understand the Lucic call in light of the 7 Canuck players going after Thornton.  Be consistent there, no?
    Posted by Fletcher1

Consistency from NHL refereeing?  And while we're at it, I'm hoping my lottery numbers come through for me tonight, too.  Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Congrats on the win 49.  I hated the Lucic call, but whatever, the Canucks won.

Here's hoping for another Canucks-Bruins final.  I'll be rooting for them all the way through to the finals...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Posted by 49-North

Show us a game with this much of a PP differential against the Nucks (along with the ejection of 2 of their top 6 forwards) and we may take your commentary seriously. Have fun finding this.

Either you are a troll or a real Canuck fan with no friends so you have to frequent these boards. Either way, you are one pathetic human being.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect? : Show us a game with this much of a PP differential against the Nucks (along with the ejection of 2 of their top 6 forwards) and we may take your commentary seriously. Have fun finding this. Either you are a troll or a real Canuck fan with no friends so you have to frequent these boards. Either way, you are one pathetic human being.
    Posted by jaywall

Chill out, J.  It's one game out of 82.  You guys still have that Cup banner hanging from the rafters. 

If you've been following along for the past several months, you'll find that most here regard me as a legit contributor to the discussion.  You can't blame me for being a bit more jovial after today's result.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect? : Chill out, J.  It's one game out of 82.  You guys still have that Cup banner hanging from the rafters.  If you've been following along for the past several months, you'll find that most here regard me as a legit contributor to the discussion.  You can't blame me for being a bit more jovial after today's result.
    Posted by 49-North

Fair enough........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect? : huntbri - RogerSportsNet West Coast announcer and Canucks colour guy John Garrett was on THE FAN 590 yesterday and was asked by Nick Kypreos if the team has reduced their perceived arrogance from last year after being humbled by the Bruins.  His answer was no. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario

That arrogance will probably come back to haunt them again this year and we can only hope it does.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect? : Consistency from NHL refereeing?  And while we're at it, I'm hoping my lottery numbers come through for me tonight, too. 
    Posted by 49-North

I agree with Fletch but funny come-back 49.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Vancouver - What to expect? : That arrogance will probably come back to haunt them again this year and we can only hope it does.
    Posted by huntbri

huntbri - I hear you.  I wonder if some Canadian companies will be in such a haste to align themselves with the Canucks much like ScotiaBank did last year with their "Bring The Cup Home To Canada" campaign should they reach The Finals again? 

Sections
Shortcuts