Vanek to MTL for a conditional 2nd and Sebastian Collberg?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Vanek to MTL for a conditional 2nd and Sebastian Collberg?

The MTL 2nd rounder is conditional upon them making the Playoffs.

The B's could have offered Caron and a 2nd in 2014 that would move to a 1st if the B's make the ECF. PC really dropped the ball here.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Vanek to MTL for a conditional 2nd and Sebastian Collberg?

In response to Bigpapa1977's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The MTL 2nd rounder is conditional upon them making the Playoffs.

The B's could have offered Caron and a 2nd in 2014 that would move to a 1st if the B's make the ECF. PC really dropped the ball here.

[/QUOTE]

On the surface, I would agree.

But who knows what's going on in those phone calls - maybe the Isles wanted more from the Bruins because they felt the draft pick would be higher with the Habs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

On the surface, I would agree.

But who knows what's going on in those phone calls - maybe the Isles wanted more from the Bruins because they felt the draft pick would be higher with the Habs.

[/QUOTE]

Or really liked Collberg, or disliked Caron.  Perhaps we will learn more in the coming days.  Probably not, though.

For what it is worth, I don't think the cap numbers work out for aquiring both Mezsaros and Vanek.  It would have had to be only one, or a current Bruin worth about $4M going out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Collberg was considered to be a top 5 prospect for the Habs system.  Compare him to a prospect like Ryan Spooner, not a marginal 5-year NHL 4th liner like Caron.  I bet the Isles would have taken Spooner and a draft pick, but PC didn't want to do that for a rental.

That, and the cap issue, of course.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Collberg was considered to be a top 5 prospect for the Habs system.  Compare him to a prospect like Ryan Spooner, not a marginal 5-year NHL 4th liner like Caron.  I bet the Isles would have taken Spooner and a draft pick, but PC didn't want to do that for a rental.

That, and the cap issue, of course.

[/QUOTE]

But Fletch, the big name went to the Habs!!!!!! PC botched this deal!!! Just like he did with the Iginla deal!!!!!

And Meszaros stick is too big for him, you Jacobs fanboy!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts