Vanek traded to Islanders for Moulson and draft picks.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Re: Vanek traded to Islanders for Moulson and draft picks.

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too much for vanek.  Moulson is a good scorer and has a good contract.  Toss a couple picks.  Islanders better hope vanek plays his heart out.  

[/QUOTE]

Shupe you said what I would of said. Thanx for doing all the thinking for me,  for this cold morning in Ontario.  Have a good day, LOL

Personally I would rather have Moulson in a bruins uniform than vanek.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Guess we will finally see if Moulson can put the points up without Tavares.

I look for Buffalo to dump Moulson at the deadline for more picks...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Vanek has been playing with some average and slightly above average centers for his whole career.  Now he's got Tavares.  Why wouldn't he want to stick around?

As for the price to acquire Vanek, who knows if those picks will turn out?  The second rounder is a total c-shoot.  The first round pick should be in the high teens, low 20s.  Not that fantastic.  Moulson is 29 and has been ripping it up playing with Tavares.  Can he keep it up with (fill in someone who plays for Buffalo) instead?  I really doubt it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guess we will finally see if Moulson can put the points up without Tavares.

I look for Buffalo to dump Moulson at the deadline for more picks...

[/QUOTE]

I agree JM, I think Buffalo will end up flipping Moulson at the deadline along w/ many others. They will go into full rebuild mode. I like this deal for Buffalo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I guess Ryan Miller will be next to go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Worth saying again.  If they trade Moulson at the dead line they should get some more picks out of it.  And then the law of averages says you're going to get a player out of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

I'm in the camp with those who question whether or not Moulson can put up similar numbers without Tavares. Vanek has done it with inferior talent. I also think Vanek will sign with the Islanders before the end of the season for a few reasons. Playing with Tavares and in NY (Brooklyn) next year is a draw to name two. I feel that Wang will pay the money to keep him as he needs players to draw fans to the Barclay Center next season.The Islanders didn't give up a fan favorite in Moulson and picks for a rental in Vanek.

I go to more Islanders games than I probably should as my gf lives on the island and roots for the Islansers. I can tell that I haven't talked to a season ticket holder yet that is going to continue buying season tickets after this season despite the fact that the team is only moving another 45 minutes up the road. The fans are pissed about the move and more come from further down the island to attend games than people reaslize. Also the Barclay Center was not built to accommodate hockey so there are more obstructed view seats than good seats in that building so walk up sales won't be as desirable without a good product on the ice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So lets say Vanek pots somewhere between 25-30 goals this season. If he does play with Tavares, probably will, it could be more.

How much would you pay him to keep Tomas ? For how long ? What will he fetch ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So lets say Vanek pots somewhere between 25-30 goals this season. If he does play with Tavares, probably will, it could be more.

[/QUOTE]

Someone is going to pay through the nose for him.  It'll be a six year deal over $6M per easily.  I don't condone it, but it's the way contracts are written these days.  As long as he doesn't come to Boston on that deal, diligaf.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"Mr. Snow, Darcy Regier on line 2 desperately trying to save his job."

"That makes 2 of us, I'll take it in my office"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

LoL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

LoL

[/QUOTE]

No.  I still think it might be brilliant.  For a complete and total rebuild trade all your assets early in the season and try to get equal value and draft picks.  At the trade deadline change out those players for more draft picks.  You end up with a ton of picks.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No.  I still think it might be brilliant.  For a complete and total rebuild trade all your assets early in the season and try to get equal value and draft picks.  At the trade deadline change out those players for more draft picks.  You end up with a ton of picks.

[/QUOTE]

Draft picks have done wonders in Edmonton and South Florida.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Draft picks have done wonders in Edmonton and South Florida.

[/QUOTE]

Yet.  It would take a few years.  And then you have to trade off some of those assets once you acquire them for slightly older players you might keep for a while, just pulling out some names that sorta kinda fit the bill, like Eberle for Marchand and a pick - or something like that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kessel money.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Book NAS, you guys could be right about him staying in NY.  especially going into a new barn and keeping johnny happy.  But the guy is a UFA.  Cap supposed to go up again.  I dont see them locking him up prior to july 1st.  Then every team will make a huge play for him.  He will be able to pick any spot he wants and will play with any top center in the league.  This is his last mega deal.  He will likely choose a team with a legit chance at the cup.   i dont see the nyi offering him a chance at the cup.  And i dont think an agent signs him before july 1st.   he will be the darling of the ufa period and 30 teams will be calling.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE] So lets say Vanek pots somewhere between 25-30 goals this season. If he does play with Tavares, probably will, it could be more.

[/QUOTE] Someone is going to pay through the nose for him.  It'll be a six year deal over $6M per easily.  I don't condone it, but it's the way contracts are written these days.  As long as he doesn't come to Boston on that deal, diligaf. [/QUOTE]

I know

You really think Kessel money...Shup ?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE] So lets say Vanek pots somewhere between 25-30 goals this season. If he does play with Tavares, probably will, it could be more.

[/QUOTE] Someone is going to pay through the nose for him.  It'll be a six year deal over $6M per easily.  I don't condone it, but it's the way contracts are written these days.  As long as he doesn't come to Boston on that deal, diligaf. [/QUOTE]

I know

[/QUOTE]

Well i just watched hockey central at noon.  They figure 8 x 8.  Thats a lot of money.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I know

[/QUOTE]

Well i just watched hockey central at noon.  They figure 8 x 8.  Thats a lot of money.  

[/QUOTE]

No way in hell Vanek is getting 8X8 from anyone. He is already in the last year of a ridiculous contract where he didn't live up to the billing !!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Vanek never regained 40 goal form, and that was the premise behind his RFA offer sheet from Edmonton, but, unlike Kessel, he has two 40 goal seasons, and I would bet a lot of people don't think the drop off in his production is entirely due to a problem with his game.  Last season's 20 goals in 38 games translates to 41+ over 82 games on a very bad team. 

Any team that wants him is going to have to give him a raise.  So there's no point in suggesting an AAV less than $7.2M, and the Isles are now the only team who can give that to him over 8 years rather than 7. 

You could be right, shupe, but the trend these days is guys re-signing and not getting to UFA.  Parise and Suter were exceptional because of how squeezed Nashville and Jersey were at the time.  Thornton and Marleau are also UFA this year, as are the Sedins and Marian Gaborik.  I don't know if any of those guys make it to market.  The only guy who might, if I had to pick one, is Marleau.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I know

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way in hell Vanek is getting 8X8 from anyone. He is already in the last year of a ridiculous contract where he didn't live up to the billing !!

[/QUOTE]

Semin is getting 7m annually.  Vanek is twice the player that no heart terd is.  I dont think he is worth that.  Im just saying what the boys on hockey central said.  Hes gonna be north of 7m and will get 5-8 yrs from some team.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Vanek never regained 40 goal form, and that was the premise behind his RFA offer sheet from Edmonton, but, unlike Kessel, he has two 40 goal seasons, and I would bet a lot of people don't think the drop off in his production is entirely due to a problem with his game.  Last season's 20 goals in 38 games translates to 41+ over 82 games on a very bad team. 

Any team that wants him is going to have to give him a raise.  So there's no point in suggesting an AAV less than $7.2M, and the Isles are now the only team who can give that to him over 8 years rather than 7. 

You could be right, shupe, but the trend these days is guys re-signing and not getting to UFA.  Parise and Suter were exceptional because of how squeezed Nashville and Jersey were at the time.  Thornton and Marleau are also UFA this year, as are the Sedins and Marian Gaborik.  I don't know if any of those guys make it to market.  The only guy who might, if I had to pick one, is Marleau.

[/QUOTE]

Book, the one difference is those guys are and have been franchise players.   Vanek may go there and hate it.   Maybe he wants somewhere warm.  Maybe he wants a stable franchise that can win the cup.  I dont think the nyi offer that.   Ultimately he will sign a crazy contract with the team who offers the most.  The nyi have a boat load of cap space so he could stay.  But players are leaving there it seems.  Moulson they said was never gonna resign there.  Streit walked.  I just dont think its a stable team.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

NHL Live just mentioned the Islanders as a possible landing spot for Ryan Miller. It's a long shot but a potential situation changer for Vanek if it happens.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NHL Live just mentioned the Islanders as a possible landing spot for Ryan Miller. It's a long shot but a potential situation changer for Vanek if it happens.

[/QUOTE]

As soon as I heard big trade between Buffalo and the Isles, I thought it was Miller. Now that Vanek is there, it seems to make even more sense for them to get Miller. Problem is, after what yhey gave up for Vanek, I'd assume Buffalo is going to be asking for Strome or Reinhart. Would Garth Snow dip that much into the future for two players who can walk at the end of the year?

Sections
Shortcuts