Vegas: Bruins are 2nd most likely spot for Nash

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Re: Vegas: Bruins are 2nd most likely spot for Nash

I would structure a deal around Krecji and Rask. Thomas has years left and Krecji is not a first line center. Add any prospect not named Hamilton and a pick and deal is done. Nash is a stud and scores 50 in Boston playing with Seguin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Trade for Nash includes Rask, Hamilton, and top fwd prospect.  Not gonna happen.  Move on.

Tonight we have to worry about Rich Peverley.  If his injury is long term then watch calls being made to get Selanne.  Or another vet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Guys like Nash don't come along often. B's have been flat and still lack a true sniper as Seguin is the closet thing but still too young and inconsistent. Rask, Krecji, Knight or Spooner and 2nd rd pick. Done deal for me

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Vegas: Bruins are 2nd most likely spot for Nash:
    [QUOTE]Guys like Nash don't come along often. B's have been flat and still lack a true sniper as Seguin is the closet thing but still too young and inconsistent. Rask, Krecji, Knight or Spooner and 2nd rd pick. Done deal for me
    Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure why last year's Cup win didn't convince everyone that Boston is a scoring by committee team and it works just fine for them. A sniper would be great. I'd rather have balanced scoring from 3 lines instead though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

We aren't going to see a big move from PC... I was shocked he got Kaberle last year (and overpaying for him no less!)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Its that time of the year again for the stupid trade posts.  Trading for Nash is not necessary for what it would cost to get him.  This team is talented enough to win the cup again--- why would you trade away your future for a chance to "possibly" get a little better offensively. 

Trade for Someone like Selanne--- who could do the same thing this year that Nash could do without having to trade away the future.  Then in the off season you HAVE the cap space to go after Weber, Suter or Parise.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Its that time of the year again for the stupid trade posts.  Trading for Nash is not necessary for what it would cost to get him.  This team is talented enough to win the cup again--- why would you trade away your future for a chance to "possibly" get a little better offensively.  Trade for Someone like Selanne--- who could do the same thing this year that Nash could do without having to trade away the future.  Then in the off season you HAVE the cap space to go after Weber, Suter or Parise.  
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

pfff, trading for one of the best players in the NHL in his prime is not "stupid". 
    And in case you haven't been paying attention, stud defenseman aren't a need on this team 2 of the three players you mentioned would be excess as far as I'm concerned... consistent scoring, enery, grit is what we need. Certainly Parise would fit the bill, but Nash is available now, and Parise is only going to one team this off-season. in the NHL, it's first-come first serve, get it while it's hot. yeah, I'd pass on Nash if Parise was 100%, but it isn't... just like Nash isn't.

It's also getting close to playoff time, and the "good on paper" approach isn't what you want goin into the post-season. We have several key players in their prime/end of their prime (Chara & Thomas). The time to win is now.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vegas: Bruins are 2nd most likely spot for Nash : dez - i agree that it's been a fine working strategy for the Bs to score by committee.  Like the good ol' days in the late 70s.  The risk it has is that you are spreading out 2 or 3 "very good" players (Segz, Bergey, Lucic) with 6 or 7 "good" players. When the guys on the 2nd and 3rd lines hit slumps, it gets problematic to find goals, as we're seeing lately.... I'm gonna trust in PC this time around because I had my doubts last season and he really pulled it off, showing an excellent sense of what the team needs. That said, we have Seguin.  He's clearly "The Franchise." And it would be just hockey magic to see what pairing him up with a superstar like Nash or Perry would do. Nash is big power scoring beast.  On a crappy team.  I don't see him flopping like Kovalchuck in NJ.  I see him thriving in Boston. The armchair GM in me says Krejci, Rask and then...I dunno.   Not much left in the minors.  Hamilton is the one that is tricky.  But then we could let him go and then go grab Suter in the offseason.  Decisions, decisions, I'm glad I don't have this job knowing wha a rabid bunch of fans we are. CODA: we don't know what the CBJs want (or ANA for that matter).  Stranger things have happened......  
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Things would be a lot clearer if we knew what will happen with Horton. This is getting frustrating. Can you even remember the last time Boston hasn't been dealing with a concussion issue? It's been going on for years now. I like the idea of another vet like Selanne or Smyth more than I like the Bruins gambling on a player with a huge contract. Too many Bruins in line for big raises in the next few years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Can you even remember the last time Boston hasn't been dealing with a concussion issue?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

inorite?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Kelvana33, there is no denying Nash is a very talented player. He may be top 5, why is his team always in the bottom 5? There is no excuse. Columbus always drafts at the top for many years. He is lacking somewhere. I wouldn't want to find out why. Why in the world any team would trade top players, top prospects and draft choices for such a player is beyond me. But, such is life. He wants out. Columbus is in a corner. It's bargain time. If you can't get him at bargain prices - walk away.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

Seems to me the problem here is Nash can't scout and draft as well. I'm not sure the B's will part with what it would take to get him, but I'd at least kick the tires and at the very least drive up the price on who ever is going to get him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I just fundamentally disagree that Nash is the answer.  I've seen him play amazing hockey on the international stage, and he's had some inspired seasons in Columbus.   I'm not wholly convinced he's a guy who would be significantly better with better players, though.  We throw that argument around as though it's an eternal fact, but it's not.  It has to be the right mix, and I don't know if Boston gives him that - and I'd say the guy he'd be best with is Krejci, so sending DK the other way is...counterproductive.  As for Nash himself, the only guy I've seen him really elevate with is Joe Thornton, and that raises all sorts of other alarms for me.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Guys like Nash don't come along often. B's have been flat and still lack a true sniper as Seguin is the closet thing but still too young and inconsistent. Rask, Krecji, Knight or Spooner and 2nd rd pick. Done deal for me
    Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]

LB34, you just talked yourself out of a GM job.

I've got some great waterfront property in Florida and Muskoka that might interest you, if you have some coin.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

[QUOTE]Enough of this "hands down" "not even close" nonsense Bobby Ryan is better than Rick Nash, is 3 years younger and comes 3 million dollars a year cheaper If the Bruins were going to give up the package it would take to get Nash; which would most likely be their 1st round pick, Dougie Hamilton and one of either Lucic, Krecji or Marchand; I would much rather they gave it up for Ryan
    Posted by Swearengen[/QUOTE]

there is no way in the world they would trade a 1'st, hamilton, and Lucic for Nash or Ryan.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i'm totally conflicted on this trade deadline thing. on one hand NAS is absent from this forum- which is nice. imagine his reaction to the marchand hip-check. no thanks. on the other hand, there are still a week or two of "rask, horton, bear force one, and loge seats for nash" threads every day. sigh. anywho... does anyone else think NAS is really on vacation somewhere with no internet access? i picture him on donkey back trying to get to the nearest internet connection this morning, muttering "that dirty punk marchand..."-   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Nash is not a top 5 player in the NHL.  I would agree with top 10, but no way is he better than

Stamkos
    Malkin
    Crosby
    Datsyuk
    Perry

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The fact that "Vegas' is making this proclamation intrigues me.  They probably have some expertise that trumps most here.  Personally I thought the odds were slim to none.  The cap presents the smallest hurdle(unlike the other contenders, which may be Vegas's logic).
    Our goaltending situation is a great conundrum, but hopelessly difficult to figure out.  Whatever questions there were about Rask 2 years ago, haven't yet been answered.  How long will TT hold on.  Seems to me, one of those would be reasonable to consider moving.  Don't think Columbus wants a goalie.  We don't really know their motivation for sure either.  Would seem they want to dump salary, but maybe they're taking a page out of Boston's book(maybe 2 guys at 3.9 is a more successful formula).  Point is..scenario one involves an altogether different trading dynamic, with altogether different trading partners, than scenario 2.  

That's why I hate trade talk....none of us has enough inside information to float much of an opinion.  

Anyway, I've become as much of a fan of PC and CJ...as I have the rest of the Bruins, so I'm pretty confident in their judgement, whatever happens.

Things will come together pretty quickly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Just checked. The blue Jackets payroll is 63.14 mil.  I really didn't think they'd be near that close to the ceiling.  Seems to me, their payroll is way out of whack, considering the market they're in, and their success ratio.

hmmmmm.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vegas: Bruins are 2nd most likely spot for Nash : Wheat, you're really under-selling him. Columbus has had horrific  talent evaluators, the only pick they hit on was Nash who was the clear cut #1 talent in his class. In fact, lets just look at how horrible they have been in the 1st round,  1st round picks:  Year Pick Player Position 2000 4 Rostislav Klesla Defense 2001 8 Pascal Leclaire Goaltender 2002 1* Rick Nash Left wing 2003 4 Nikolai Zherdev Right wing 2004 8 Alexandre Picard Left wing 2005 6 Gilbert Brule Center 2006 6 Derick Brassard Center 2007 7 Jakub Voracek Right wing 2008 6 Nikita Filatov Left wing 2009 21 John Moore Defense 2010 4 Ryan Johansen Center So, the Blue Jackets have selected in the top 10 of the first round 10 of 11 times, and have nothing to show for it outside of Nash. but wait... it gets worse. It turns out that the Columbus Blue Jackets have only drafted one all-star player in their entire  history as a franchise in any around of the draft!!! Other teams that have had similar high draft picks like the Oilers, Penguins, Black-hawks, Capitals, have turned their picks into cup contenders or at least exciting  rosters. I'm gonna cut and paste here from a hockey writers article but, " Not only has Columbus been brutal for the majority of their existence, but many of their high draft picks aren’t even in the NHL anymore!  Zherdev is in Russia, Leclaire is a UFA looking for work, Picard, Filatov and Brule are in the AHL with the affiliates of other NHL teams. The Blue Jackets selected these players ahead of NHL superstars like Tyler Myers, Claude Giroux, Logan Couture, Anze Kopitar, Marc Staal, Mike Green, Thomas Vanek, Dustin Brown, Ryan Kesler, Mike Richards, Corey Perry, among others."
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]
    Perhaps Columbus needs to adapt a novel building strategy and trade away their draft picks for prospects every year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1Neely8. Show 1Neely8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vegas: Bruins are 2nd most likely spot for Nash : there is no way in the world they would trade a 1'st, hamilton, and Lucic for Nash or Ryan.
    Posted by tremha[/QUOTE]
    Nash has good skills. Offensively better sniper than Lucic or Horton but he is lazy and not strong defensivly. How has playing all these years for a loser affected him mentally. Goaltending, chemistry and winning battles win cups. He would be a good addition, but I hope PC wouldn't think of including Rask, Lucic or Hamilton. Then there's the contract!!!
    I think the B's need a scorer, a gritty veteran and at least a tough top 6 dman. Longshot...Selanne & Koivu, realistically maybe Gaustad, Malone, D Moore, Ruutu, Whitney. The races are so close it'll probably go down to the 27th to see who's available. My guess would be Ruutu & Allen or Spacek.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]i'm totally conflicted on this trade deadline thing. on one hand NAS is absent from this forum- which is nice. imagine his reaction to the marchand hip-check. no thanks. on the other hand, there are still a week or two of "rask, horton, bear force one, and loge seats for nash" threads every day. sigh. anywho... does anyone else think NAS is really on vacation somewhere with no internet access? i picture him on donkey back trying to get to the nearest internet connection this morning, muttering "that dirty punk marchand..."-   
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

adk, you can't spell Nash without the N-A-S....  Say what you want about the guy, the one thing I can say with confidence is that wherever he is?  He's watching the games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Back to Nash - I agree with Krazie about Nash not being top 5, especially if you think top 5 players and not just forwards.  Krazie's list doesn't include Ovechkin, who is, like Nash, an amazing talent currently in a situation that is sapping his will.  It doesn't include either Sedin, and while you can call them genderless ginger automatons, they have a ton of skill - you don't win back to back Hart/Art Ross if you're a bum.  You could add Toews and maybe Hossa too...and possible Jason Spezza, who is having a pretty incredible year playing with a lot of guys who won the Calder Cup last year.  And that's just the forwards at the very top of the league - the guys who compete for trophies.  If you think of the defensemen, then add Weber, Chara, may Karlsson, Doughty even in a down year.  Goalies - Lunquist, Thomas, Rinne, for sure.

Look at this the other way, too.  Right now Nash is 70th in scoring.  He's tied with Michael Ryder, but Ryder has more goals.  The argument here is that he has no one to play with - and I might accept that to a degree - but that degree would explain the difference between top ten and top thirty maybe.  Not 70th.  John Tavares is just outside the top ten in scoring and his best help is former 9th round pick Matt Moulson.  As bad as the Sabres have been, Pominville and Vanek are still putting up points with Pominville the top 20.  Who does Ray Whiney have to play with that he's in the top 20?  At some point "no one to play with" is just an excuse.  Truly great players produce regardless - they may not produce wins, but they get the points and do their jobs.  Nash is also the third worst +/- player in the league.  So not only is he not scoring the way Howson hoped, he's not making up for it by keeping pucks out of the net.

Then add the contract. Fifth fattest deal in the league.  Goes for SIX more years.  Nash has to be a building block and not a complimentary piece because you'd be paying him that way.  The might be able to juggle him for the next year and a half, but you'd have $20M tied up in Bergeron, Chara, and Nash, another $16M in Seidenberg, McQuaid, Boychuk, Krejci and Peverley.  And you'd need to sign Lucic, Marchand, Seguin as RFAs.  I'm assuming Rask is gone in the deal, so you'd also need to sign a goalie - either an extension for Thomas ($5M+?) or another option sufficiently reliable to justify the rest of this roster.  Lucic, Marchand and Seguin are going to run you at least $14M.  You're now at $55M with 7 F, 4 D and 1G.  No Nathan Horton and no Tuukka.  Probably no Hamilton to bring in on D.  If all those roster gaps come in at $1M on average, you're Cap number is $67M.  So who else goes?  Who else from the roster defending the Cup, the roster that ran up 20+ wins in a month and a half?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

Maybe the Vegas guys really do know something. Columbus Dispatch reporting the five teams on Nash's list are LA, NYR, TML, San Jose...and Boston. I doubt it happens, but might show that the bookies have decent sources. http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387983

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]Is Kevlana a Bruins fan? What's with the Montreal avatar?
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]
    yes he is... last year he had a different price avatar, but got pressured into changing it from all the flack he received. i believe he changed it to TT, then scrapped that due to recent events. please lets not discuss those recent events any furthur. back to price. he's a goaler himself- strange bunch.