Vermette traded to Coyotes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Vermette traded to Coyotes

Tied with the Sharks for first in the Pacific, looks like the Coyotes are going for it.

Hope they succeed, would be nice to see a struggling franchise have a good run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Vermette traded to Coyotes

Going for it ... I think so also.  They've been playing really well and their goalie surprisingly has stood on his head (x-Tampa) .
    We can now all put to bed the Bruins going after Whitney !

p.s. can't wait for trade deadline to come and go !  back to serious hockey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Too bad though, beacuse I thought Vermette was a possibility for the B's.  What was the cost?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: Vermette traded to Coyotes:
    [QUOTE]Too bad though, beacuse I thought Vermette was a possibility for the B's.  What was the cost?
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

2nd rounder in 2012, 5th rounder in 2013, and goalie prospect Curtis McElhinney.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackcrowes. Show blackcrowes's posts

[QUOTE]Too bad though, beacuse I thought Vermette was a possibility for the B's.  What was the cost?

A 2nd's (From Ottawa), a 5th that could rise to a 4th with a playoff series win by the Yotes and a goalie, Curtis McElhinney.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vermette traded to Coyotes : http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=388536 2nd rounder in 2012, 5th rounder in 2013, and goalie prospect Curtis McElhinney.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

Well, not really a prospect anymore, pushing 30 and has been in the AHL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Vermette has a pretty lousy contract.  I thought he would be a great fit until I remembered that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

McElhinney was a stud at Colorado College, but haven't heard much since.  Wasn't he in Calgary's system for a while?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Springfield Falcons have some of the worst goaltending in the AHL, so McElhinney could help out their minor system.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]McElhinney was a stud at Colorado College, but haven't heard much since.  Wasn't he in Calgary's system for a while?

Yeah, he started out in Calgary, spelled Kiprusoff for a couple of years, I expected more out of him but it hasnt panned out. Who knows, maybe like a Brian Elliott it comes together for him, though, be alot tougher in Columbus than it would be in St. Louis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Vermette has a pretty lousy contract.  I thought he would be a great fit until I remembered that.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    One could certainly make that point. He has shown he can put up 50-60 points, but he hasn't been very impressive this year. He's a more expensive Rich Peverley type, if he was around $3 Million instead of $3.75, I'd definitely like to have him aboard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vermette traded to Coyotes : Yeah, he started out in Calgary, spelled Kiprusoff for a couple of years, I expected more out of him but it hasnt panned out. Who knows, maybe like a Brian Elliott it comes together for him, though, be alot tougher in Columbus than it would be in St. Louis.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    No goalie has a chance to develope in Cowtown when they have a stud like Kipper! This guy really is underrated. The Flames would be non existent without "Gumby" between the pipes. The quickest lateral moving goalie since Mike Richter!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Looking at capgeek, I think this trade has put the Coyotes over their pre-approved budget numbers from the NHL. Are they looking at another trade to get back under it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Looking at capgeek, I think this trade has put the Coyotes over their pre-approved budget numbers from the NHL. Are they looking at another trade to get back under it?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

McKenzie just said he thought it would be okay, but didn't really explain why.  

This situation (like many) confuses me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Looking at capgeek, I think this trade has put the Coyotes over their pre-approved budget numbers from the NHL. Are they looking at another trade to get back under it?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    Dammit Red; you stole my post!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Does that budget include their AHL salaries?  I was thinking that could be part of sending McElhinney away, he's making $225,000 in the AHL.  That softens the blow some.  If it's only the NHL roster, they are carrying 16 forwards and 11 defenders, so they can lower their cap obligations with some demotions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vermette traded to Coyotes : McKenzie just said he thought it would be okay, but didn't really explain why.   This situation (like many) confuses me.

Man, Maloney's job just sucks. Suprised he hasn't quit yet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Does that budget include their AHL salaries?  I was thinking that could be part of sending McElhinney away, he's making $225,000 in the AHL.  That softens the blow some.  If it's only the NHL roster, they are carrying 16 forwards and 11 defenders, so they can lower their cap obligations with some demotions.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Makes sense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vermette traded to Coyotes : No goalie has a chance to develope in Cowtown when they have a stud like Kipper! This guy really is underrated. The Flames would be non existent without "Gumby" between the pipes. The quickest lateral moving goalie since Mike Richter!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Earlier this year there was talk of them possibly dealing him. Awesome goalie, love watching him play, he is quick laterally, so was Richter but for me the quickest was Bill Ranford. His goalie coach in Edmonton once said he was almost too quick, something he's never dealt with before...Mike Richter, man was he fun, remember that World Cup tourney when he stood on his head the whole series? That might be one of the best hockey tournaments I've ever seen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Pure guesswork, but I'm willing to bet that the argument for going over the number is that they're making a push for playoff gate revenue and a better net than if they didn't make the move.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Pure guesswork, but I'm willing to bet that the argument for going over the number is that they're making a push for playoff gate revenue and a better net than if they didn't make the move.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I'd say thats 100% correct.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglandah. Show newenglandah's posts

plus, from what ive read, it looks like the coyotes are a lot closer to staying in phoenix then they have been in a long time.. love their alternate jersey.. one of the best in the biz!