Versus Coverage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Versus Coverage

Arrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh.

I can't take it anymore. Does anyone know if the NBC crew tomorrow will be different, or is it the same crew just on the parent network? Doc must've called the wrong name on a dozen plays, the analysis was incredibly uninformed and/or watered down, and the camera work was waaaaaaay bad. Seriously dude, frame your shot, anticipate the flow of the game and smooth pan. What's with the zoom in and out during plays? It's like riding in the passenger seat of a car when the driver keeps pressing and depressing the pedal, causing that front-and-back sway motion, instead of just maintaining speed.

I felt like someone was tugging on my navel watching that mess. Vomit.

Just awful.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

Re: Versus Coverage

Is it just me or does every other comment begin with "the best way to beat Tim Thomas is"? 

Versus coverage has improved vastly since it commenced but it's still not great...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Versus Coverage:
    [QUOTE]Arrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh. I can't take it anymore. Does anyone know if the NBC crew tomorrow will be different, or is it the same crew just on the parent network? Doc must've called the wrong name on a dozen plays, the analysis was incredibly uninformed and/or watered down, and the camera work was waaaaaaay bad. Seriously dude, frame your shot, anticipate the flow of the game and smooth pan. What's with the zoom in and out during plays? It's like riding in the passenger seat of a car when the driver keeps pressing and depressing the pedal, causing that front-and-back sway motion, instead of just maintaining speed. I felt like someone was tugging on my navel watching that mess. Vomit. Just awful.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I'm in similar pain. These guys are so annoying it's beyond belief. The PBP guy does that thing where he makes his voice rise in scenery-chewing dramaticism on every shot that's even NEAR the net, when most require just a routine blocker save.

Plus if I hear him say loo-CHEECH one more time it'll be too soon.

Much of the time I just turn the sound down, or off. I miss Edwards and Brick big time.... but then again, if the Bruins keep winning I don't care if Paris Hilton calls the games.

On another front, are ALL the weeknight games starting at 8 the rest of the way? I miss the 7pm starts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I try to just watch the game, and listen as little as possible.  After the game, Felger and Amonte do a good post game on CSN, but Amonte needs a shave, unless of course he is trying to hide one of his chins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Versus Coverage:
    [QUOTE]Arrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhh. I can't take it anymore. Does anyone know if the NBC crew tomorrow will be different, or is it the same crew just on the parent network? Doc must've called the wrong name on a dozen plays, the analysis was incredibly uninformed and/or watered down, and the camera work was waaaaaaay bad. Seriously dude, frame your shot, anticipate the flow of the game and smooth pan. What's with the zoom in and out during plays? It's like riding in the passenger seat of a car when the driver keeps pressing and depressing the pedal, causing that front-and-back sway motion, instead of just maintaining speed. I felt like someone was tugging on my navel watching that mess. Vomit. Just awful.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]
    Totally agree. The F up players names all the time and have done it the whole playoffs. F ing awful, they just stink in my opinion..... Versus needs a versus 1 & 2, so both teams can broadcast with there commentators....I want to listen to the B's announcers. Just awful. I agree.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Mike Keenan is brutal too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Who was the guy next to Olzyck inbetween periods?

He was BRUTAL. Could barely talk and all he did was make excuses for TB and wave TB pompoms. Even my GF who knows very little about the game was like "that guy just sounds stupid"

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Emerick calls good game but I hate when he says sho----t. The camera guy did suck last night. At one point Marchand lost possession of the puck and skated away and the camera went with him, awful. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Versus Coverage:
    [QUOTE]To the left of Jones, you mean.  Mike Keenan, former Bruins coach. I think he had a stroke on air.  Not sure why they thought he was a good hire. Roenick is more of a natural with it.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

TY. At one point I think 2 minutes went by where all he did was studder, I was too busy laughing to see if he actually was able to get his point out or not.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

Emerick drives me nuts!  He's great with play-by-play, but he's obviously never played the game!  Some of the phrases he uses ("Boychuck slices the puck into the endzone") are just not common hockey phrases. 

Gimme Brick any day!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from blackcrowes. Show blackcrowes's posts

I agree with Riding, I like Doc's call of the game. and I'm only slightly annoyed by his constant miss of the correct player's name. I think it keeps me focused on the game. So when he calls Krejci (Peverley) or Seguin (Horton) I'm on top of who's out there. As for Keenan, he's beyond brutal. I think he needs 15 minutes in the quiet room....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JonnyRippit. Show JonnyRippit's posts

Two words that could make the VS coverage better...Charrisa Thompson

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

I agree with a lot of this stuff but am posting because I also felt the need to vent about the Geico caveman BS that's inexplicably still hanging on only for hockey coverage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

Agree 100%, they are antiBruins completely.  Mike Keenan sounds like he knocked down a few jager bombs before the show, he sounded tanked!  The guy can't even talk.  I have never seen such awful coverage and they were pulling for Tampa the whole way.  Mike Keenan seemed to be the only one giving Boston credit even though he was loaded. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

Good call!

[QUOTE]Two words that could make the VS coverage better...Charrisa Thompson
    Posted by JonnyRippit[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbag0991222. Show dbag0991222's posts

You hit the nail on the head.  The thought of writing a letter to Geico crossed my mind last night.  Get rid of that ad, it's f'ing stupid.

[QUOTE]I agree with a lot of this stuff but am posting because I also felt the need to vent about the Geico caveman BS that's inexplicably still hanging on only for hockey coverage.
    Posted by Beorach[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

my personal favorite is "ladle"ing the puck! all i can picture every time i hear it is well a ladle!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Emrick thinks every shot deserves a loud yelp...it doesn't....he thinks every shot is stopped by the goalie...many are blocked...he doesn't know who has the puck half the time, and the other half he's busy trying to wax poetic about some lousy pun or poor historical anectdote...The Versus crew is...terrible...Someone said Olycyk is bad, but I think it's everyone else. NBC has saddled us with the worst play-by-play guy in the last 20 years (not named Jack Edwards, who has his own problems). All you can do is watch the game and keep your eyes peeled to make sure you see a goal or not. I know the players so it's not as bad. I just can't believe that the NHL doesn't do a search around the league and then select some real hockey announcers. It's dreadful from a national standpoint.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

gary thorne anyone???? everyone else pales in comparison. that guy could call a game!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Their game call and between periods shows are B-R-U-T-A-L. I am not saying Jack is any better, just that I seem to get the most out of the game with the volume either way down or OFF (especially during the extra 1/2 hour of commercials).

Sections
Shortcuts