Versus Coverage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Altus123. Show Altus123's posts

Re: Versus Coverage

In Response to Re: Versus Coverage:
    In Response to Re: Versus Coverage : Brick is not a sportscaster. He is a color commentator and analyst. "Slices" is a whole heck of a lot better than "spoons" via our homer buddy, Jack Edwards.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

You're right, Brick is the color.  In my 45 yrs playing and watching hockey, I have never heard "slices" used to describe a hockey play.  I think Jack means "saucers the puck in" when he says "spoons".

I can't think of the other gaffes at the moment, but I was driving my wife nuts complaining about all the idiotic things Doc said repeatedly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Two words that could make the VS coverage better...Charrisa Thompson
    Posted by JonnyRippit

Yeah, she is a nice piece of a$s!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

And what about the Bergeron hit on Krejci?  Man, were they so pro-Tampa!  I was expecting someone to say Krejci was faking the injury?  In my opinion, that hit COULD HAVE BEEN considered a deliberate attempt to injure/headshot and he COULD HAVE BEEN thrown out of the game.  But if you listened to the announcers, it was a travesty if Bergeron got 2 mins for that!  Insane!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

I definitely sense an anti-Bruins bias and have since Versus started covering all of the games. With Emmrick, last night Horton was Seguin, Bergeron was Campbell, Tim Thomas was Darren Pang. Jesus Christ.

As for commercials, they should just loop that Seguin/History Will Be Made one. Brings a tear to my eye.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

King - I mentioned way back in this thread that I actually like Doc. You're correct that he's one of the best. I'm just saying that last night was brutal. Everyone has an off night, but not only did he mis-identify players on 5-6 occasions, the rapport with the rest of the team was painful. Doc would try to get them to chime in and add perspective, but they never understood what he was getting at. When they did have something to say, the topic would be started a few seconds before puck drop as opposed to immediately following a play.

How may times did Emerick have to forcibly ASK the other guys to clarify their points? Then there was some stuttering and garbling of calls. As the QB of the broadcast (along with the Producer), I felt he had a bad game. It happens. I wasn't a fan. Add in the camera madness and it really ruined it for me.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Emerick do some NBC games recently in pairs with local color analysts? I remember him with Clement, then him with Brick. NBC camera work is usually stellar, too. NESN at home is great...that West Coast swing was a disaster.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

I would need both hands to count the amount of times the announcer called Seguin Horton last night.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Emerick is the best announcer in sports . I can't think of anybody I would take over over him in any sport

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

i'll pass on thorne after the Schilling sock b.s.

emerick is good nerdy but ok

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Sean McDonough calls a good game - any sport, too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Emerick is the best announcer in sports . I can't think of anybody I would take over over him in any sport
    Posted by michaelf101

Let's see, i'd take Marv Albert, Vin Scully, Bob Miller, Dick Enberg, Dick Stockton, Tim Ryan, Bob Costas, Greg Gumbel, Al Michaels, Kenny Albert, Brent Musberger just to name a few...Jiggs McDonald is 500 times better than the bumbling, fumbling, over-exagerrated on every shot on goal Emrick....he's horrible...HORRIBLE....H---O---R---R--I--B--L--E

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Dennis Miller will be there on Sat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

gary thorne anyone???? everyone else pales in comparison. that guy could call a game!
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Completely agree.

Sections
Shortcuts