Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster

In Response to Re: Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster:
    In Response to Re: Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster : I'm not completely sure, but wouldn't we need OUR own first round pick when making an offer sheet? With the CAP expected to rise to about $62.2M next year, and assuming that Savy continues to be on LTIR, and Paille as the reserve, we will have, according to Cap Geek, $48.2M devoted to next year's team. The Bruins would have 3 forward spots open (Re-signing Marchand, Ryder's replacement and Recchi's replacement) as well as one on defense (Kaberle's)...leaving $14M in cap space, but ideally, it would be wise to not spend all the way to the cap, given the fact that some key players will be due raises soon. What we could be looking at: 3 Forwards 1.) Marchand ($2.1M) 2.) Caron ($1.1M) 3.) Jokinen ($3M) Total-$54.4M, giving them a great deal to spend on a potential PP QB in FA. 1 Defensemen (Options) 1.) Ehrhoff ($6M) 2.) Bieksa ($4.5M) 3.) Pitkanen ($4M) 4.) Jovanovski ($3M) I'm a bit skeptical on Wisniewski, given the fact that he's never put up big numbers until his contract year.
    Posted by Hockguy0818

It would be our pick in 2012.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I see one sure thing, and that is that this team will be better next year.

Everyone who you want to have back is under contract, anyone you would question is UFA.  And IF Kaberle or Ryder resign you have to figure it would be at bargain basement prices.

There's potential among the farm hands.

So much better than Chicago 2 years ago when they had to blow it  up because of cap issues.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster : It would be our pick in 2012.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Why is why, unlike Toronto, you want to make sure you don't get rid of your first rounder for the next season until after the RFA perid closes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster : youngsters will get the icetime they deserve, just like marchand got.
    Posted by goodnewsbears

Yes they will...in Providence.  It is very rare for a player to get drafted, go back to juniors and the following year make the big club. 

Just like Marchand is more like it...QMJHL, AHL, NHL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You have to figure Jared Knight or the #9 pick this year might be players that are ready. Might not too. I'd like to see a big turn over to bring in young, fast, cheap players that will be able to allow thye B's to run with any team. They have the scoring in the first 2 lines, and you have to believe that Seguin is ready to move up to fight for #1 line status. It'll be interesting to see how they develop, but I really think they have to go that route. You can trade a few of the 3rd and 4th liners to open room for a top line Defenseman. Another stud would be great.  
    Posted by perrysound

It's doubtful that Knight will make the NHL team right out of juniors. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Do I even address this? Ok, Ill bite. People are still set on trading Thomas?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

If they could add a guy like Laich (he CAN play the wing) or Jokinen I'd be stoked. After that, the winger market kind of goes downhill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I am going on record and saying Kaberle will be signed for a team friendly deal.  If the fortunes of his play are what they are now, then in a year he is a very desireable pickup by a contending team.  Ryder is a player who will demand and get his pay, lets face facts, he was instrumental in winning a couple games in Montreal.  Boston has paid the dues of keeping Ryder on the team, he needs to go.  The rest is guess work on how Caron, Knight, Spooner, #9 pick handle the rigors of NHL and for that matter AHL hockey.  My guess the Bs will competing for years even if Kaberle walks.  Again if you were to ask me if the Bs should trade for Kaberle, Peverly, and Kelly with picks etc. to be in the finals, I would not hesitate and say yes.  Now any "rear view mirror" thinking is only banter.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

With these posts about RFA, how about Setoguchi? Even with the possible $3M increase on the salary cap, they'll still have a difficult time filling out their roster. Last year the decision was to keep either Marleau or Nabby, this year it'll likely be the decision of re-upping Guch or Ian White. Chances are slim-to-none they'll be able to bring back both, as they'd only have around $3-4M to fill 4 forward spots and 1 on defense. Keep in mind also that Couture is a RFA after next year and will get a big raise, they need to leave some cap space open for his extension.

Food for thought.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeg4. Show jeg4's posts

Just squeezed this in under the cap

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
    Pavel  Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Sydney  Crosby ($8.700m) / Rick Nash  ($7.800m)
    Ryan  Getzlaf ($5.325m) / Jon  Toews ($6.300m) / Danny Heatley ($7.500m)
    Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Jerome  Iginla ($7.000m)
    Colton  Orr ($1.000m) / Tyler Seguin ($3.550m) / George  Parros ($0.875m)

DEFENSEMEN
    Shea  Weber ($4.500m) / Drew Doughty ($3.500m)
    Chris Pronger ($4.921m) / Jack  Johnson ($4.357m)
    Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) / Dustin  Byfuglien ($5.200m)

GOALTENDERS
    Carey Price ($2.750m) / Tuukka Rask ($1.250m)

BUYOUTS: Patrick Eaves ($0.258m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
    SALARY CAP: $95,400,000; CAP PAYROLL: $94,736,905; BONUSES: $2,650,000
    CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $663,095

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

I say the Bruins should bring back Jay Leach, to help convince Kathryn Tappen to not leave for The NHL Network

Sections
Shortcuts