Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster

To take a break from all the game 7 hype, I thought I would look ahead to what the Bruins team might look like next year.  Again, this is in no way my dream lineup but I'm just guessing on who will be under contract next year and there aren't very many open spots for FA's without dealing people away.  But it does look like we have some money to play with and that could increase if Savard does not make it back.  Just wondering what other people thought the Bruins might look like next year.

FORWARDS
    Rich Peverley ($1.325m) / Marc Savard ($4.007m) / Tyler Seguin ($3.550m)
    Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / David Krejci ($3.750m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m)
    Brad Marchand ($1.700m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Jordan Caron ($1.100m)
    Daniel Paille ($1.075m) / Chris Kelly ($2.125m) / Greg Campbell ($1.100m)
    / / Shawn Thornton ($0.812m)

DEFENSEMEN
    Zdeno Chara ($6.916m) / Steven Kampfer ($0.852m)
    Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) / Johnny Boychuk ($1.875m)
    Andrew Ference ($2.250m) / Adam McQuaid ($0.575m)

GOALTENDERS
    Tim Thomas ($5.000m) / Tuukka Rask ($1.250m)

BUYOUTS: Patrick Eaves ($0.258m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion)
    SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,855,476; BONUSES: $3,065,000
    CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $9,409,524

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Re: Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster

In Response to Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster:
    [QUOTE]To take a break from all the game 7 hype, I thought I would look ahead to what the Bruins team might look like next year.  Again, this is in no way my dream lineup but I'm just guessing on who will be under contract next year and there aren't very many open spots for FA's without dealing people away.  But it does look like we have some money to play with and that could increase if Savard does not make it back.  Just wondering what other people thought the Bruins might look like next year. FORWARDS Rich Peverley ($1.325m) / Marc Savard ($4.007m) / Tyler Seguin ($3.550m) Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / David Krejci ($3.750m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m) Brad Marchand ($1.700m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Jordan Caron ($1.100m) Daniel Paille ($1.075m) / Chris Kelly ($2.125m) / Greg Campbell ($1.100m) / / Shawn Thornton ($0.812m) DEFENSEMEN Zdeno Chara ($6.916m) / Steven Kampfer ($0.852m) Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) / Johnny Boychuk ($1.875m) Andrew Ference ($2.250m) / Adam McQuaid ($0.575m) GOALTENDERS Tim Thomas ($5.000m) / Tuukka Rask ($1.250m) BUYOUTS: Patrick Eaves ($0.258m) CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter) (these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion) SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,855,476; BONUSES: $3,065,000 CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $9,409,524
    Posted by stunner416[/QUOTE]

Get a life ! On the eave of the biggest game of the year for the B's and you want to take a break  ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stunner416. Show stunner416's posts

In Response to Re: Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster : Get a life ! On the eave of the biggest game of the year for the B's and you want to take a break  ?
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

There's only so much should so and so play, PP this, referee that a person can take.  If you don't want to take a look at the future then keep your opinion to yourself. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

All you've provided is what is on the CAP GEEK books. Any perspective will be determined by tonight plus any future games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

You have to figure Jared Knight or the #9 pick this year might be players that are ready. Might not too.
    I'd like to see a big turn over to bring in young, fast, cheap players that will be able to allow thye B's to run with any team. They have the scoring in the first 2 lines, and you have to believe that Seguin is ready to move up to fight for #1 line status. It'll be interesting to see how they develop, but I really think they have to go that route.

You can trade a few of the 3rd and 4th liners to open room for a top line Defenseman. Another stud would be great.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Stunner you should think about just putting ScAlumni on ignore like everyone else has if you read "it's" posts you'll see why just comes on here and trys to be a jerk to everyone don't pay attention nobody else does.

Real question is Savard I say he is going to give it another try. Like boxers pro athletes in all sports just try to hang on to long. Then you have Ryder and Kaberle to what extent will PC give to each player. If I had it my way Michael would be gone in favor of Caron or Sauve but i'm almost 100% sure he'll get like 1.5Mil for one year.

If the Bruins choke tonight, which I don't think they will, PC doesn't have to give up that 2nd rounder to Burke so I don't think Tomas stays. So it is really is up to Kaberle tonight if he wants to stay in Boston or not. Me thinks Tomas puts together a 3 to 4 point night then gets 2-2.5Mil for 2 years.

I don't care how well Recchin Ball plays from here on in he is not coming back so Sauve, Spooner, Knight and Arniel have a shot at that last forward spot with Thornton getting spot starts here n there next season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Stunner you should think about just putting ScAlumni on ignore like everyone else has if you read "it's" posts you'll see why just comes on here and trys to be a jerk to everyone don't pay attention nobody else does. Real question is Savard I say he is going to give it another try. Like boxers pro athletes in all sports just try to hang on to long. Then you have Ryder and Kaberle to what extent will PC give to each player. If I had it my way Michael would be gone in favor of Caron or Sauve but i'm almost 100% sure he'll get like 1.5Mil for one year. If the Bruins choke tonight, which I don't think they will, PC doesn't have to give up that 2nd rounder to Burke so I don't think Tomas stays. So it is really is up to Kaberle tonight if he wants to stay in Boston or not. Me thinks Tomas puts together a 3 to 4 point night then gets 2-2.5Mil for 2 years. I don't care how well Recchin Ball plays from here on in he is not coming back so Sauve, Spooner, Knight and Arniel have a shot at that last forward spot with Thornton getting spot starts here n there next season.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

And don't forget that #9 pick this draft.  Odds are more likely than not one of them will break into the lineup or show promise like Caron.  And there are dark horses in the system that could come around as well.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

IMO, Paille will be the reserve, and they'll have 2 open spots among the 12 forwards-1 going to a rookie/prospect (Caron or Sauve) and the other a decent free agent (Laich, Jokinen, Fleischmann, etc.).

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Like to see that #9 pick be a defenseman. Seems like they have a good core up front already and in P-town, but D prospects are a bit thin.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Instead of Kabs, there is a free agent D this summer that in my dream world I would like to see signed by Boston - Kevin Bieksa.

A front 4 of Chara, Bieksa, Seids and Kampfer could be deadly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Some of these thoughts are good, but let's add in what we might really like. Start with deletions, [ I'll leave Claude to the last] Give Shawn a full time Public relations gig, really do not need him as this team has toughness in abundance; Please send Slyder/Ryder elsewhere; Make sure REX retires gracefully; I'd really like to replace Boychuck with a smart defenseman; Kaberle has not captured my fancy, so let him go. Use Tim as trade bait, and backfill with Tuuka plus.  that opens up three forward slots, unless Savvy comes back[ not a sure thing either way] plus two defensive openings. And then there is Claude, a defensive guru with minimal offensive instincts, and a stubborn streak. Easy to replace his entire staff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Fun with cap geek. What would it take to get Bieksa? I kinda assumed the Bruins wouldn't be in the market, but perhaps there is room. Like I said, there always has to be a "Savard" or "no Savard" option. At the moment, I would retain Ryder's services under the "Savard" option because of available salary. If the rumors of a $62mil cap are true, the team could look like...

Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / David Krejci ($3.750m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m)

Tyler Seguin ($3.550m) / Marc Savard ($4.007m) / Michael Ryder ($2.000m)

Brad Marchand ($2.000m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Rich Peverley ($1.325m)

Zdeno Chara ($6.916m) / Johnny Boychuk ($1.875m)

Kevin Bieksa ($4.750m) / Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m)

/ / Steven Kampfer ($0.852m)

GOALTENDERS

Tim Thomas ($5.000m) / Tuukka Rask ($1.250m)

SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,805,476; BONUSES: $2,865,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $394,524

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

No Savard? Go ahead and trade Thomas and go for broke....
    I mean, this is all fantasy GM-ing without regard that there are other teams out there competing, so might as well have some fun with it...

Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / Brad Richards ($7.000m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m)

Tyler Seguin ($3.550m) / David Krejci ($3.750m) / Erik Cole ($3.500m)

Brad Marchand ($1.700m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Rich Peverley ($1.325m)

Zdeno Chara ($6.916m) / Johnny Boychuk ($1.875m)

Kevin Bieksa ($4.500m) / Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m)

// Steven Kampfer ($0.852m)

GOALTENDERS

Tuukka Rask ($1.250m) / Anton Khudobin ($1.200m)

SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,948,333; BONUSES: $2,865,000

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $251,667

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IWhatever It is game seven!!!!!!!!!!!n Response to Very Few Open spots on 2011-2012 Bruins Roster:
    [QUOTE]To take a break from all the game 7 hype, I thought I would look ahead to what the Bruins team might look like next year.  Again, this is in no way my dream lineup but I'm just guessing on who will be under contract next year and there aren't very many open spots for FA's without dealing people away.  But it does look like we have some money to play with and that could increase if Savard does not make it back.  Just wondering what other people thought the Bruins might look like next year. FORWARDS Rich Peverley ($1.325m) / Marc Savard ($4.007m) / Tyler Seguin ($3.550m) Milan Lucic ($4.083m) / David Krejci ($3.750m) / Nathan Horton ($4.000m) Brad Marchand ($1.700m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Jordan Caron ($1.100m) Daniel Paille ($1.075m) / Chris Kelly ($2.125m) / Greg Campbell ($1.100m) / / Shawn Thornton ($0.812m) DEFENSEMEN Zdeno Chara ($6.916m) / Steven Kampfer ($0.852m) Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) / Johnny Boychuk ($1.875m) Andrew Ference ($2.250m) / Adam McQuaid ($0.575m) GOALTENDERS Tim Thomas ($5.000m) / Tuukka Rask ($1.250m) BUYOUTS: Patrick Eaves ($0.258m) CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter) (these totals are compiled using the bonus cushion) SALARY CAP: $62,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $55,855,476; BONUSES: $3,065,000 CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $9,409,524
    Posted by stunner416[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

4.75mil for Bieksa? Instead, can they unload some salary, scrape together another mil or 2 and go get Weber?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]4.75mil for Bieksa? Instead, can they unload some salary, scrape together another mil or 2 and go get Weber?
    Posted by burythehabs[/QUOTE]
    Much better idea BTH. I like the way you're thinking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]You have to figure Jared Knight or the #9 pick this year might be players that are ready. Might not too. I'd like to see a big turn over to bring in young, fast, cheap players that will be able to allow thye B's to run with any team. They have the scoring in the first 2 lines, and you have to believe that Seguin is ready to move up to fight for #1 line status. It'll be interesting to see how they develop, but I really think they have to go that route. You can trade a few of the 3rd and 4th liners to open room for a top line Defenseman. Another stud would be great.  
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]
    really Perry, 1 game from the finals and you'd like to see "a big turnover"? That makes no sense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Go to TIM'S they have some pretty big turnovers, try an apple.Wink

I would look at getting Weber if at all poss.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

#9 pick, Jared Knight, Ryan Spooner, etc coming in with Homer still the coach?....

not a chance....  just ask Seguin....

after this run, don't expect any youngsters stepping in next year and playing top 9 minutes.... 

and that includes Caron or Sauve or whoever else is in Providence that didn't exactly set the ahl on fire this year....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]4.75mil for Bieksa? Instead, can they unload some salary, scrape together another mil or 2 and go get Weber?
    Posted by burythehabs[/QUOTE]
    I think both Bieksa and Ehrhoff will be back in Vancouver. They have PLENTY of cap room to re-up both and still field a full team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]#9 pick, Jared Knight, Ryan Spooner, etc coming in with Homer still the coach?.... not a chance....  just ask Seguin.... after this run, don't expect any youngsters stepping in next year and playing top 9 minutes....  and that includes Caron or Sauve or whoever else is in Providence that didn't exactly set the ahl on fire this year....  
    Posted by days-of-Orr[/QUOTE]

youngsters will get the icetime they deserve, just like marchand got.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]Go to TIM'S they have some pretty big turnovers, try an apple. I would look at getting Weber if at all poss.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]
    I'm not completely sure, but wouldn't we need OUR own first round pick when making an offer sheet?

With the CAP expected to rise to about $62.2M next year, and assuming that Savy continues to be on LTIR, and Paille as the reserve, we will have, according to Cap Geek, $48.2M devoted to next year's team. The Bruins would have 3 forward spots open (Re-signing Marchand, Ryder's replacement and Recchi's replacement) as well as one on defense (Kaberle's)...leaving $14M in cap space, but ideally, it would be wise to not spend all the way to the cap, given the fact that some key players will be due raises soon.

What we could be looking at:
    3 Forwards
    1.) Marchand ($2.1M)
    2.) Caron ($1.1M)
    3.) Jokinen ($3M)

Total-$54.4M, giving them a great deal to spend on a potential PP QB in FA.
    1 Defensemen (Options)
    1.) Ehrhoff ($6M)
    2.) Bieksa ($4.5M)
    3.) Pitkanen ($4M)
    4.) Jovanovski ($3M)

I'm a bit skeptical on Wisniewski, given the fact that he's never put up big numbers until his contract year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The cap raising a few Million, UFAs now want to come to Boston and the core of the players locked up in long term gives Chiarelli allot of room with flexibility. Savard's money is the key and will be the question for the fall camp.

It's going to be fun watching Spooner, Knight, Arniel, Caron and Sauve battle for those remaining forward spots.

Sections
Shortcuts