Very Vague Weiss Rumor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Very Vague Weiss Rumor

Hockey Insider
    Rangers gearing up to acquire offensive defenseman...Bruins targeting Stephen Weiss?...Blog later today w/ details.

I don't even know who this guy is (NHLSourcesSay), I will post a link to the blog after the blog is posted.  I would imagine that the price would be right on Weiss and other then that my opinions are not robust so I open the floor to those who know more about Weiss then I do if your interested in discussing this extremely vague rumor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Very Vague Weiss Rumor

C for Fla Panthers. Signed through 2013. No thank you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Very Vague Weiss Rumor:
    C for Fla Panthers. Signed through 2013. No thank you.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Yes at 3.1 Mil per, according to CapGeek.com.  Seems to record about 60 points per year and I believe he is on pace for less then that this season.

I'm thinking 2nd rounder or less, maybe he would be available for Wheeler straight up?  Still not sure if I want that contract because I don't know enough, I do believe he is versatile enough to play any F position which makes him more attractive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

3.1Mil cap Ricky so if that's all that is out there for forwards then I'd take it Weiss is having a good year on a rebuilding team. Not too far fetched as Tallon wants what PC has draft picks and we know these two have dealt before.

I could see this happening why ? because Montreal is only one point back now this might hasten PC decesioning. Chiarelli would still have room for say Brewer or Kabrele with Stuart or Ference going the other way too TO or the Blues.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

Gifted player that has always played on a terrible team, might shine in a hockey market............but we thought the same about Horton...although i still expect good things from Horton come playoff time

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

One question I have is, was his chemistry with Horton good enough that you immediately swap him off the Krejci line and roll with three solid second lines as we tend to do when the depth is available?  Also I do like the fact that he would leave plenty of cap space for a veteran PMD.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I'm guessing this rumor is so vague because it went like this:

Blogger thinks to himself "Boston needs a center"
    Blogger thinks to himself "Horton has not scored enough"
    Blogger thinks to himself "Weiss and Horton played together"
    Blogger decides "Boston must be going after Weiss!  I must report this!"

Edit:  Which is not to say it isn't logical, but this has the feel of one of those rumors that started because of speculation, not some insider source.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's another thing that I didn't think of Ricky two top heavy lines say Horton-Weiss-Ryder then have Wheeler-Krejci-Lucic although I don't think Wheeler has earned top line minutes his streaks too far and between.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Stephen Weiss is not a bad choice ...this guy is a 1st round pick (4th overall) ...get an average of 55-60pts per season ...could get even more in Boston ....I would give our 1st round pick for him but not more

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Would rather have David Booth.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmakowski. Show bmakowski's posts

I love Weiss's upside, especially because he plays in Florida and could really flourish here.  

However, Panthers management may recognize that as well and get greedy for high draft picks.

Nevertheless, I'd love to see him in a Boston uni

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Would rather have David Booth.
    Posted by BBReigns

lol just get both of them and reunite Booth-Wiess-Horton.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

the only thing that scares me is his size ..he is not a big player wich means that he is becoming instantly a target for PK Subban ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Don't we have enough 2nd line centers already?

How about a 1st line winger who can score goals

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Don't we have enough 2nd line centers already? How about a 1st line winger who can score goals
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

Agreed. Needs to be a slam dunk 1st line center for the future or a 30 goal scorer type who can skate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Don't we have enough 2nd line centers already? How about a 1st line winger who can score goals
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

I believe this comes down to a question of how many resources you can part with to get the guy.  I don' think anyone would suggest we give up TOR's 1st round pick in this deal.  I can certainly understand if you think this guy is not worth giving up an any asset the Bruins have.  I just want to make sure that this is your opinion which BBReigns seems to concur with.  Essentially I am not trying to put words in your mouth but that is how I am reading your statement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I would give Hamill and a 2nd for Weiss

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I would give Hamill and a 2nd for Weiss
    Posted by KrayzieJoe

Well based on that our assessments aren't that far off.  In fact by adding Hamill, your offering more then I originally thought it might take.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

it would take a 1st to get Weiss.....hes better then horton and we gave up 15th overall and Wideman for him.......so start with our first and a prospect

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnice0015. Show bnice0015's posts

HEMSKY

In Response to Re: Very Vague Weiss Rumor : Agreed. Needs to be a slam dunk 1st line center for the future or a 30 goal scorer type who can skate.
    Posted by BBReigns

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

No to Hemsky. THe guy is injury prone. I like Weiss and would love to have him in Boston. He is nothing like Horton. There were and still are questions about Horton's work ethic and consistency. There are no such questions about Weiss. He is a hard worker and puts up decent numbers without much help. He is asked to do it all in Florida. He won't be asked to do that in Boston. I think he would do very well.

The Panthers however are not going to give hime away. It is going to take more than a just a pick. He is one of their most popular players. It will take probably a pick & a prospect or 2. I would trade Hamill in a deal for Weiss in a heartbeat. Weiss is a much better player and has a bigger upside.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He's a good player but he's not a winger with finish..Vokouns a good goalie but we don't need him either

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

HEMSKY In Response to Re: Very Vague Weiss Rumor :
    Posted by bnice0015

I would agree because he'd be low risk high reward and may help Kreicji a lot.

PP would improve, transition would greatly improve and they could get someone else on the wing who can pass well, which they don't have. He's not the ideal goal scorer type, but that just makes his linemates that much more so.

Then, they could swing another separate deal for that Off. D Man they need.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Weiss at 3M is cheaper and more productive than Spezza at 7M.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Weiss>Spezza.

But, if we are talking Panthers, get David Booth. 

Sections
Shortcuts